Dragon Age.. Look How They've Massacred my Boy

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's funny seeing all these studios for EA using Frostbite better than DICE who developed it; then again, most of the people who worked on it no longer work for EA.

just EA being cheap and not wanting to pay for a 3rd party development engine.

sidenote: I hate the way the Frostbite Physics treats passing in Madden. Now arch in the ball. It treats the ball like a line drive bullet too often. Hate it.

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I hate the way the Frostbite Physics treats passing in Madden. Now arch in the ball. It treats the ball like a line drive bullet too often. Hate it.

It's exactly the bolded. Unreal just takes a percentage of your proceeds once you start making real money, and they don't want to split the pie any more ways than they absolutely need to.

What's crazy is that if you account for lost revenue and extended development costs from trying to make Frostbite do shyt it was never meant to do in the first place, they've probably blown about as much as they would've had to give Epic in royalties anyway.

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps

I hate the way the Frostbite Physics treats passing in Madden. Now arch in the ball. It treats the ball like a line drive bullet too often. Hate it.

Funny thing is, Frostbite isn't a terrible engine; the problem is, when DICE developed Frostbite 2, and Bad Company 2 with it, the physics were REALLY good (along with the graphics). The engine got worse when EA made DICE develop a fork off of the original code base instead of a refining and tweaking the code/fixing bugs like Unreal engine does. That also is exactly why Frostbite workflow & FrostEd is a gigantic PITA to use.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Funny thing is, Frostbite isn't a terrible engine; the problem is, when DICE developed Frostbite 2, and Bad Company 2 with it, the physics were REALLY good (along with the graphics). The engine got worse when EA made DICE develop a fork off of the original code base instead of a refining and tweaking the code/fixing bugs like Unreal engine does. That also is exactly why Frostbite workflow & FrostEd is a gigantic PITA to use.
that's my point.

it's a FPS game engine, not for sports.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
WOAT, trailer trash, dunno why anyone would thought to introduce a new dragon age game this way……

I already figured it’s going to be less of a RPG, gameplay better look fun

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
scared.gif