"Just learn to Code" they said... the TRUTH about Coding / Programming Jobs

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Coding isn't for everyone, I agree with people on that but if you're motivated and don't listen to the negativity then you can do it (you have to enjoy it as well...enjoy the struggle).

I mentioned this before on this site that a couple of years ago I was struggling big time. I would take home 1800 a month. I knew I wanted something better for my life so I got in my car and drove from.jersey to San Francisco to learn how to become a software engineer.

So I went from basically being homeless

Holberton, a Two-Year Tech School, Emphasizes Diversity (Published 2017)
07-HOLBERTONweb1-jumbo.jpg

To landing jobs with facebook, hedge funds, start ups and now I work for the C.I.A.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/max-bayo-akin-johnson-697282b4

And now this is what I make every paycheck

20220408-055333.jpg

Im showing this not to brag, I'm far from a arrogant person but I just want people to know that its possible and im far from being smart...im just motivated and I have big plans for my future(legacy building)

Each pay check i get i transfer it out to different accounts for different purposes. Don't let negativity hold you back...if you want it go get it
..and if you need any kind of help please hit me up or other people on this board that work in tech

Edit: and when you start your journey there are going to be a lot of negative thoughts in your head telling you to go back to what you're used to. Your brain doesn't like discomfort but you have to ignore it and keep pushing. The amount of times I've cried because I was struggling to learn how to code was worth it. Hell...I got fired from 3 tech jobs but I still kept going...We gotta get out of this negative mindset...im tired of going to conventions and jobs and being the only brotha there. Come on people there is money to be made out here. The Indian and Asian people I work with aren't any smarter than us, they just know how to work together...PLEASE DONT LET THE DEVIL WIN.
Dope shyt bruh......this inspires me to go harder.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Then you should stop talking about it like you did anything in it or the fact that you aren't even doing anything close to a respectable substitute to cats who are really getting it. Dont you think?:unimpressed:
My issue is these companies catering to black folks to complete the training courses and education they're offering, only to turn around and not hire black folks or give them a harder hiring process. Using black faces "in tech" who aren't even really "in tech" and are just recruiters or interns. There's countless articles of black people sharing their stories on how racist the industry is. How many more articles you need? Cuz I'm sure they're posted in this thread and others.

You're logic is "fukk all that, get on ya grind" knowing damn well 90 percent of the folks going into this are in this for the money and won't last. There's black folks grinding out here that still won't make it. That same energy can be put to better use in a different and more accepting industry. Google wasted my time with 3 interviews when I was more than qualified for the job and completed their own courses. Letter of recommendation, all that. Again, stop talking like you know me breh. I only tell you what I want you know. Congrats you're the 0.00001 percent of black people (allegedly) that have been successful in this industry. But don't pretend like this road is not like playing a brand new game on extreme difficulty and that it's welcoming for everybody.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
My issue is these companies catering to black folks to complete the training courses and education they're offering, only to turn around and not hire black folks or give them a harder hiring process. Using black faces "in tech" who aren't even really "in tech" and are just recruiters or interns. There's countless articles of black people sharing their stories on how racist the industry is. How many more articles you need? Cuz I'm sure they're posted in this thread and others.

You're logic is "fukk all that, get on ya grind" knowing damn well 90 percent of the folks going into this are in this for the money and won't last. There's black folks grinding out here that still won't make it. That same energy can be put to better use in a different and more accepting industry. Google wasted my time with 3 interviews when I was more than qualified for the job and completed their own courses. Letter of recommendation, all that. Again, stop talking like you know me breh. I only tell you what I want you know. Congrats you're the 0.00001 percent of black people (allegedly) that have been successful in this industry. But don't pretend like this road is not like playing a brand new game on extreme difficulty and that it's welcoming for everybody.

i would have stayed off your ass if you simply just said this shyt wasnt for you but you didnt...instead you doubled down and said a whole bunch of bullshyt and tried to dissuade to the point of using racial slurs to describe black ppl that made it its livelihood to get your point across..so fukk what youre talking about...don't talk about this shyt no more :ufdup:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Leetcode... :martin:

So now i need to know Data Structures & Algorithms.. the hiring process for FAANG companies :mjcry:

You'll be fine. Data structures are simple. The part that matters is how you implement them. Just think of them as lego blocks.

If you've been coding for a while you've been manipulating data structures the entire time. You got this.

wastedmermaid

Superstar
Daps

So now i need to know Data Structures & Algorithms.. the hiring process for FAANG companies :mjcry:
I’m currently in the process of prepping to and I’ve found it helpful to focus on learning the patterns. Like 90% of Leetcode question solutions fall under around 14 different patterns

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

like how lawyers need to try cases (rather than discuss the principles and salient points) right there during interview .. :troll:

like how surgeons need to operate right there in interview.

like how builders need to build houses right there in interview.

:ehh: