Just got back from seeing X-Men: Days of Future Past

mcellas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Enjoyed the movie was disappointed that Quicksilver aint get more screen time he could have stole the whole movie and would have really helped them.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
But just like DOFP, I expect the roster to grow as we get closer to shooting for Apocalypse. I'm also hoping for a couple of small cameos, which Singer has done since X-1. The thing is, will Singer still be doing Apocalypse since he as these allegations.

Unless the allegations stick, Singer will be back. Fox has handled the whole situation marvelously (no pun intended) by simply saying that shyt has nothing to do with the movie, and focusing on the actors for promotion instead. And seeing as it will be a box office success, there's no reason why Fox has to dump Singer as long as he's not convicted.

Stoop Kid

I think i can
Daps
Reppin
ps 118
it was missing the feeling of desperation. Too much screen time was used in the 70's rather than in the future to show how bleak things were, day to day living, etc... I feel like there wasnt enough action too. Too much yakkity yak for a film with legendary fight scene potential.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Seeing it asap in the morning. A nikka went and spoiled a certain part for me, and if its true, BY GODS :damn:

Cyclops back? :lupe:

Gotta change my avy up. Haven't even seen the movie and a nikka its getting emotional. If they're truly gonna start doing the X-Men film series justice, as I'm hearing, and sticking with the original GOAT comic characters and building off of their beautiful flaws and numerous critically acclaimed storylines, then....:camby:

Can't even fukking hate. fukk 20 15 year old homo boys, Bryan Singer. Get ya Polanski on. I'll make Free Singer shirts :yeshrug:

Kabnis

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what happened to The Wolverine move? Is it rebooted along with Yukio? I guess he couldn't stop the grandfather from gaining immortality through that samurai suit or whatever.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
If X-Men can Continue to Deliver great plots like First Class and Days Of Future Past then they should have No Problem dominating the Box Office. Stick to Marvel Comics Bryan Singer.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Just saw it tonight.

It was good, but I wasn't like...overly thrilled like from the reviews I read. That's not me saying I was disappointed either. The Quicksilver scenes are :russ: :gladbron:

As expected the the effects are crazy and the acting is good too. The Sentinels are :WTFFace:
There's one particular scene with them and a particular XMen Member who catches a bad one.
I actually think I'm looking more forward to the next one. Also stay until the very end of the credits :damn:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
dope movie, the fact that it erases the travesty that is x3 is a huge bonus too.

- magneto killed it as usual, dropping the entire stadium was dope as fukk

- i liked how they didnt have wolverine singe handedey save the day again and actually play a role in a team. movie might have elevated mystique's profile to casual audiences too, as they are portraying her to be on the same level as x and neto

- dope visuals, fight scenes were crazy ... personally blink (portals girl)'s power was a favorite as it complimented everyone else's powers so well. good too see iceman flex his powers too.

- quicksilver was surprisingly well done, the comedy in here wasnt overkill imo

there were still some :leostare:moments but overall one of the better xmen movies, top 2 imo along with 1st class

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I really liked this movie. As someone who hasn't really liked any of the X-Men movies since X2, I went into the cinema expecting it to be shyt but I was thoroughly surprised.

Things I like:
Quicksilver's appearance in this was sick. The made him very powerful but also humourous since he's just a teen. I also like the little nod they had towards Magneto being his dad.

Magneto was a GAWD. Nothing more needs to be said.

This film wasn't an overindulgence of Wolverine or Mystique

Them sentinels were fukking beasts.

The Apocalypse cameo after the credits

Things I didn't like:
They gave Kitty Pryde the ability to send people back in time

They got the Wolverine/Stryker timeline all messed up. By the 70's, Wolverine would have had already met Stryker in Vietnam and been a part of the Weapon X squad with Sabretooth.

Overall, a really good movie. I'd argue that it's the best X-Men movie this far.

BOLO

disobayish
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Age of Apocalypse is my all time favorite X-Men storyline as far as the comics go. If the next movie truly takes roots from that I can't wait. I know not all will agree with me but im just sayan doe...

mcellas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Im glad they made the sentinels over powered like the comics instead if lilt the cartoon where they was on foot soldier levels

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I got back from this last night.

I don't know what to say honestly. From the looks of it the reviews are solid and the fans are all happy and yet I cannot lie I thought it was a flaming pile of shyt. I was soooo bored. And just like with Superman Returns it feels as if Singer has once again made the most inexpensive expensive movie ever made.

There were just too many things that took me out of the movie. Yea there were some brief stretches where they had me but they were so far and few between that I couldn't care less. Midway through I could not wait for it to be over.

I'm glad you all liked it though.

Next one up that I'm really lookin forward to is Apes. :salute: