Just got back from seeing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I was never really into the comics and haven't seen an xmen cartoon since the 90s bit it seems to me the only thing that would have been changed was the existence of the super future sentinels...

The real plot hole is why the sentinels (og version) never appeared in any of the early movies

They were still being deigned and they was no need for them then... Its not a plot hole ... Trasks assasination led to a sped up R&D to sentinel creation... Mystiques blood was used in the sentinels ... in the previous movies there was never am opportunity to get her blood...

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
They were still being deigned and they was no need for them then... Its not a plot hole ... Trasks assasination led to a sped up R&D to sentinel creation... Mystiques blood was used in the sentinels ... in the previous movies there was never am opportunity to get her blood...

What do you mean they were still being designed? The designs were finished and the sentinels were ready to show off at that summit where Mystique was supposed to assassinate the midget.. They were already operational and just needed to be sold to a nation..

In the previous movies they didn't need her blood since they already had it when she was captured and experimented on immediately after she killed the midget

You would think the sentinels would have at least been sent out during last stand when Magneto and Phoenix had that army and took over Alcatraz since the sentinel program was initiated back in the 70s, but its almost like the govenrment barely new mutants existed until X3

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
What do you mean they were still being designed? The designs were finished and the sentinels were ready to show off at that summit where Mystique was supposed to assassinate the midget.. They were already operational and just needed to be sold to a nation..

In the previous movies they didn't need her blood since they already had it when she was captured and experimented on immediately after she killed the midget

You would think the sentinels would have at least been sent out during last stand when Magneto and Phoenix had that army and took over Alcatraz since the sentinel program, but its almost like the govenrment barely new mutants existed until X3

The events in First Class pretty much exposed the government to mutants... they kept it hush hush .... the 1973 events got the world involved and the government had to do something thus accelerating the sentinel program..

Check out this timeline someone put together from another forum I frequent .
X-CONTINUITY

What we do see is at the end of the wolverine when Logan boards the plane is a commercial for Trask...

edit: as a matter of fact they have met sentinels before ... isnt there a scene of sentinels in the original trilogy during one of their danger room trainings..

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I was never really into the comics and haven't seen an xmen cartoon since the 90s bit it seems to me the only thing that would have been changed was the existence of the super future sentinels...

The real plot hole is why the sentinels (og version) never appeared in any of the early movies

Congress rejects Trask, so the purple Sentinels are never used/given funding. They didn't believe his claims about Mutants, so they saw no need for them. Mutants only really become public knowledge during the first X-MEN film, which is why Senator Kelly wants them to be registered.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
HNp6jTV.jpg

This muthafukka :whew:
during the movie i turned to my boy and said those are some fly ass sunglasses :ohlawd:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If you are wondering in the new timeline if he get his adamantium back, keep in mind in the comics Apocalypse did do just that.

Magneto took it from him in the comics too/is the reason for that, I was hoping they wouldn't skip over that.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Congress rejects Trask, so the purple Sentinels are never used/given funding. They didn't believe his claims about Mutants, so they saw no need for them. Mutants only really become public knowledge during the first X-MEN film, which is why Senator Kelly wants them to be registered.

Didn't Mystique kill trask in 1972 though:patrice:? They were that scared of mutants after she did that but sat on the purple joints for 30 years:patrice:?Or was the first trilogy not set in present time? I try not to be a coli nikka and overthink it cuz it really don't matter any more but just curious:pachaha:...i didnt like the first set of movies that much to begin with,i think ill just make it easy on myself and just start from First Class and pretend the other shyt didnt happen.....becuz i guess DOFP basically says none of that shyt happened like we saw from X1-X3 anyway...Hopefully they just do better casting this time around,get Cyclops right,and give Rogue some real powers she can actually use like she had in the cartoons,versus only being able to touch people but refusing to touch people:wtb:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
The plot hole that really gets to me is....you mean to tell me if Wolverine hadn't gone back in time, Magneto would still have been arrested for the assassination of JFK, somehow broke out, (and going by the flashback scene in X3) once again became friends with a drugged up Professor X, who still used the serum but could do his mind reading powers (as we see when they visit young Jean Grey's house) before kicking the habit and once again having a fall out with Magneto.

:patrice:

fukk it...none of those previous X-Men films exist anymore.

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
The plot hole that really gets to me is....you mean to tell me if Wolverine hadn't gone back in time, Magneto would still have been arrested for the assassination of JFK, somehow broke out, (and going by the flashback scene in X3) once again became friends with a drugged up Professor X, who still used the serum but could do his mind reading powers (as we see when they visit young Jean Grey's house) before kicking the habit and once again having a fall out with Magneto.

:patrice:

fukk it...none of those previous X-Men films exist anymore.

basically. him being broke out earlier was only 2 alter ravens timeline not his

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
dat worth sum money den aint it

i dont even know, i figured it may have started have getting some attention once the x-men franchise started popping off movie wise. I stopped collecting consistently around 98 or so, looking to get back in the game though. I was mainly in it for the storylines and artwork.