Just got back from seeing X-Men: Days of Future Past

BOLO

disobayish
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Someone school me on Age of Apocalypse :lupe: hit me with required comics and possible episodes of the animated series if applicable (downloading full series for rewatch as i type this) :lupe:
ok so....this is all off memory but AoA deals with an alternate timeline where some shady shyt happens to Professor X, Magneto becomes the leader of the X-Men and Apocalypse basically takes over the world and the X-Men have to fight him and his minions. The story gives most of the characters in the regular comics a new look and some of them have way different personalities etc. All the X books during that time had different titles...for example....Wolverine comics became Weapon X...and Cable comics became X-Man....Uncanny X-Men was called Astonishing X-Men....u get the drift.

You have to peep X-Men Alpha...that was the introductory book. Each alternate comic like "Weapon X" had 4 parts before they ended it in what is still my favorite comic book of all time, X-Men Omega.

Im sure ive left a lot of deets out, but this should point you in the right direction breh. :whoo:

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Someone school me on Age of Apocalypse :lupe: hit me with required comics and possible episodes of the animated series if applicable (downloading full series for rewatch as i type this) :lupe:

LOL there are about 7-8 different comic series that span the entire AoA. Its crazy plus they changed the names of most of the X-books....they went all out on that shyt.
It was epic when it was happening but its all mixed up so it can be confusing.

Some of the name changes are:
Factor X
X-Calibre
Amazing X-men
Astonishing X-Men
Gambit and the Externals
X-Man

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile

From Amazon AoA Omnibus (big-ass graphic novel I copped) description:

UNCANNY X-MEN (1963) #320-321, X-MEN (1991) #40-41, CABLE (1993) #20, X-MEN ALPHA, AMAZING X-MEN #1-4, ASTONISHING X-MEN (1995) #1-4, FACTOR X #1-4, GAMBIT & THE X-TERNALS #1-4, GENERATION NEXT #1-4, WEAPON X (1995) #1-4, X-CALIBRE #1-4, X-MAN #1-4, X-MEN OMEGA, AGE OF APOCALYPSE: THE CHOSEN and X-MEN ASHCAN #2.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Age of Apocalypse - Reading Order

Legion Quest
0) Uncanny X-Men #319: Untapped Potential
1) X-Factor #109: The Waking
2) Uncanny X-Men #320: The Son Rises In The East
3) X-Men #40: The Killing Time
4) Uncanny X-Men #321: Auld Lang Syne
5) Cable #20: An Hour Of Last Things
6) X-Men #41: Dreams Die

Origins
1) X-Men Chronicles #1: Origins
2) X-Man Annual #1996
3) Tales From The Age of Apocalypse: Sinister Bloodlines
4) Tales From The Age of Apocalypse: By The Light
5) X-Men Chronicles #2: Shattered Dreams
6) X-Man #-1: Breeding Ground
7) Blink #1
8) Blink #2
9) Blink #3
10) Blink #4 (Without Last Three Pages)

Beginnings
11) X-Men Alpha: Beginnings
12) Astonishing X-Men #1: Once More, With Feeling
13) X-Calibre #1: The Infernal Gallop
14) Gambit and The X-Ternals #1: Some Of Us Looking To The Stars
15) Generation Next #1: From The Top
16) Weapon X #1: Unforgiven Trespasses
17) Amazing X-Men #1: Crossing Guards
18) Factor X #1: Sinister Neglect
19) X-Man #1: Breaking Away

Choosing Sides
20) Amazing X-Men #2: Sacrificial Lambs
21) Factor X #2: Abandoned Children
22) Weapon X #2: Fire in the Sky
23) Gambit and The X-Ternals #2: Where No External Has Gone Before
24) X-Calibre #2: Burn
25) Generation Next #2: Hither Comes The Sugarman
26) Astonishing X-Men #2: No Exit
27) X-Man #2: Choosing Sides

Turning Point
28) Age of Apocalypse: The Chosen
29) Factor X #3: Open Wounds
30) Astonishing X-Men #3: In Excess
31) Amazing X-Men #3: Parents of The Atom
32) X-Calibre #3: Body Heat
33) Gambit and The X-Ternals #3: To The Limits of Infinity
34) Generation Next #3: It Only Hurts When I Sing
35) X-Man #3: Turning Point
36) Weapon X #3: The Common Rights of Toads and Men
37) X-Universe #1: Last Stand

Endings
38) X-Calibre #4: On Fire
39) Generation Next #4: Bye
40) Astonishing X-Men #4: Holocaust
41) X-Man #4: The Art of War
42) Factor X #4: Reckonings
43) Weapon X #4: Into The Maelstrom
44) X-Universe #2: Dying Breath
45) Gambit and The X-Ternals #4: The Maze
46) Amazing X-Men #4: On Consecrated Ground
47) X-Men Omega: Endings
--) Blink #4 (Last Three Pages)

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I dunno bruh, it kinda gave the Avengers a strong challenge, them combo/teamup plays Pixie was calling lol... :gladbron:

And yea, it was way better than Cap 2, and I actually hated the other x movies.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Next year will be the 20th anniversary of the AoA....a masterful story from the mostly criticized 90s. Legion, Xavier ' s son, has massive telekinetic/telepathic/pyrokinetic powers, went back in time to kill Magneto when Xavier and Magneto first met in Isarel. Legion killed Xavier instead during the past and it fukked everything up. Magneto took it on himself to continue Xavier 's legacy and found the X Men. Apocalypse saw the displays of power on television 20 years before predicted by Sinister and made his move much earlier than the real time. He took over most of the world with mutants mostly ruling except for Europe where notable human hero names had a Human Council to protect the last vestiage of humanity.

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Saw this twice, in 3D and 2D. Not much going on in 3D so save your money. The movie was complete and utter FLAMES!
_1395668556.gif

Acting and story was 10/10. Michael FassGAWD in some instances reminded me of a militant black panther member. That airplane speech :ohlawd::wow:

When the sentinels were putting in work on the X-Men I almost legit :sadbron:.

Best use of powers were Quicksilver and Blink. This movie has got me hype for what they do next with the X-Men franchise. Magneto needs his own standalone film for sure :ohhh: