Just got back from seeing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was i the only one that felt like the FX were on a budget. Like they couldnt do top notch cgi because of all the actors broke the quota. Hopefully this do numbers and they another hunned mil cause if they fukk up apocalypse's design im done son

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Great movie, 9/10. The opening scene is absolutely grasping, only con is that the action takes a backseat to the story
isn't the the case with ALL x-men movies? at least the ones that matter. the first one was about as action-less as can be.

i actually prefer it that way.. i hate the whole attack of the clones blueprint that most movies follow these days with the last 75 min being nonstop action.. that shyt is boring as fukk

i really liked it.. its top 3 with x2 and first class for me. i think first class is half a hair above it..same for x2.

and like some mentioned the future scenes did look kinda wack and sound stagey.

bring on apocalypse

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Good flick.

-Future scenes felt a lil' meh(as others have said), of course:
all the ethnic characters got "bodied":beli:

-Quicksilver might've fukked around and became a fan favorite.
-
:rudy::heh:@Cykes bytch-ass, and Jean looked good as a MF.

-
Was that Cable among the prisoners at the beginning?

Last edited:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
-
Was that Cable among the prisoners at the beginning?

Guy with the eye tattoo? That was Ink. He was in a couple of the 70s scenes later on in the movie.

Quicksilver's scenes are getting all of the praise (rightfully so...the kitchen scene might be one of the best ever done in a superhero movie), but I thought the way that Blink's powers were handled was fantastic. Bonus points for the creative reverse Fastball Special that she did with Colossus at the end of the movie.

Also, being a dork who remembers this type of thing, I love that the White House scene at the end was essentially a call back to the end of the first Ultimate X-Men storyline.

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Guy with the eye tattoo? That was Ink. He was in a couple of the 70s scenes later on in the movie.

Quicksilver's scenes are getting all of the praise (rightfully so...the kitchen scene might be one of the best ever done in a superhero movie), but I thought the way that Blink's powers were handled was fantastic. Bonus points for the creative reverse Fastball Special that she did with Colossus at the end of the movie.

Also, being a dork who remembers this type of thing, I love that the White House scene at the end was essentially a call back to the end of the first Ultimate X-Men storyline.

Nah, I'm talking about the intro, when they showed the prisoners in the future. It was a kid in a hood, with his eye missing....

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

Blink was beasting with the portals.

In fact, the thing that I felt was missing the most in the X-movies, and the thing that made the final battle scene in Avengers so awesome, was team up moves. Blink helping out with the portals, Bishop using Sunspot to power up, Storm and Magneto collab, these are things that make the group seem like a real team and not just a group of guys fighting on the same side.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just seen it :banderas: shyt was dope. i hate how they did my dude colossus though :sadcam:

at first i was :stopitslime: when the sentinels were adapting, then when he explained it :lupe:

loved the cameos, not too much of any one mutant so that was great. Quicksilver was dope, hope his role is much bigger in Apocolypse.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saw it again for the 2nd time today and I can honestly say this was the best X-Men movie out of the whole series. They re-booted the franchise in a very smart way in my opinion.

Them future Sentinels were nothing to fukk with. Seeing them literally ADAPT to every mutant they fight with and kill them at their own game had me like :damn:

There were some corny lines here and there but it didn't really take away from the movie.

When Magneto got them demo Sentinels and brought that whole stadium to white house just to fukk shyt up my only reaction was "Welp Erik gonna Erik :shaq2:"

Young Xavier was acting like a bytch though out a good potion of the movie but when his older self pretty much told him to stop acting like a bytch in a nice way he finally got his swag back like :win:

Jennifer Lawence as Mystique was :noah:...she looked even better in that make up then Rebecca Romijn. When she said, "Whats the matter baby I don't look pretty enough for you?" I would have went :noah:

To be honest, after she is done with the Hunger Games movies I wouldn't be surprised if they do a spin off of just her character. Especially after that ending which could lead into the next Wolverine movie.

Oh yeah were some plotholes in this:

Like how did Logan get his metal craws back?

How did Ellen Page get her Back To The Future powers?

How did Magneto regain his powers after X3?

How did Xavier restore himself at the end of X3?

What happened to that Asian sidekick chick from Wolverine 2?

And that's all i can think of..

The after credits scene though :lupe:

I guess business is about to pick up soon...can somebody explain whats about to go down in the coming movies?..

Magneto never really lost his powers, at the end credits scene of X3 he was playing chess alone in the park (looked mad depressed) and he was looking at the pieces. Then he wanted to see if his powers still worked...so he lifted his hands towards them and the pieces moved just a little.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
I don't know much about X-Men, I just know the main characters. I haven't kept up with any storylines or any of the previous movies in much detail. The last X Men movie I saw was the one where Kelsey Grammar stabbed Magneto with the needles.

Will I understand this new film? :ld:
Should I spend the money and see this at the theater for $18? :ld:
Or should I stop the DVD-man with the suitcase on the train and get it for the 5?:ld:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I don't know much about X-Men, I just know the main characters. I haven't kept up with any storylines or any of the previous movies in much detail. The last X Men movie I saw was the one where Kelsey Grammar stabbed Magneto with the needles.

Will I understand this new film? :ld:
Should I spend the money and see this at the theater for $18? :ld:
Or should I stop the DVD-man with the suitcase on the train and get it for the 5?:ld:
You should see First Class first. This film is a direct sequel to that one.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@track 1 ... with these reviews ... at what mark you think you'll walk out? do forget to stay for the post-credits scene
lol didn't walk out!

the opening scene was fukking flames..after that it was whatevs

quicksilvers scene stopping the bullets was the second best part of the movie

if i was director i would just shoot two hours of x-men fighting sentinels