Just finished watching "The Shield"

Daps
i'm back weeks later with zapruder film-level analysis of this non harlem scene... the things i do for the coli... :pachaha:

censored

uncensored

there were some other episodes censored for rape scenes but blu-ray/hulu has the full version of them

I'm watching this with a look of :scust: cause of what the scene is, and a look of :scust: cause of how much you had to have been paying attention to that scene to tell there was a change made. I never would have known.

:scust:

With that being said, offtopic, how did you rip this? My rips never look this clean and pristine. :ehh:

Daps
I “hate” to be that guy but rewatching some of these clips made me remember a HUGE gripe I had with this show is how they emasculated almost every non-white man on the show who was supposed to be good…we have the aceveda clip above, julian being gay, whitaker’s character having his estranged wife fukked by mackey, the cop who got fukked up by shane and his wife and was in tears when he was convinced not to speak the truth…shyt was fukked up

you right (could even add tavon too, getting brained by a woman and falling for a psyop) but the white men didn't escape embarrassing fates either
vic's rejected by his family and trapped in an office job with the sword of damocles hanging over him, shane failed to save his family and killed them, ronnie and lem get betrayed by their day ones, gilroy died a homeless alkie mexican, billings stooped to workers comp fraud, dutch... well, nuff said there :pachaha:
were there even any "good" white male main characters besides dutch, lem and to a certain extent ronnie?

I feel like @east gave the correct answer to this post. Everybody had bad moments on this show. All Vic's children except one were autistic.

When he cheated on Corrine and had a baby with Danny, that proved that it was his genes that were messed up, not his wife's.

Then there was that episode when Corrine was talking to the PI, and Vic confronted them, and the PI literally threw Vic into the bushes :pachaha:

Vic actually took a lot of L's throughout the series. My first watch of the show, I saw him as nearly invincible because of everything that he got away with.

When I rewatched again, I saw how he was on the move at all times trying to keep his house of cards from falling down on itself. Dude was taking L after L and wasn't as smart as he thought he was.

Yeah, there's a lot of thinly veiled racism in the show, but to me, it's realistic because there's a lot of thinly veiled racism in America.

And yeah, Vic slept with Kavanaugh's wife, but Kavanaugh was the one who destroyed Vic and the Strike team. Everything went downhill after Kavanaugh.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everybody had bad moments on this show.

but I’m not merely talking about “bad moments”…a majority of the positive non-white characters were straight up emasculated…but I know folks wouldn’t want to go there so I won’t dwell on the point

…a HUGE gripe I had with this show is how they emasculated almost every non-white man on the show who was supposed to be good…

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
i'm back weeks later with zapruder film-level analysis of this non harlem scene... the things i do for the coli... :pachaha:

censored

uncensored

there were some other episodes censored for rape scenes but blu-ray/hulu has the full version of them

Sutter would've caught a beat down from me for even mentioning this

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is SOA any good, brehs? I never watched it. :jbhmm:
If you liked the shield, you’ll probably like SOA. It’s not as good as the Shiel but it’s entertaining. The only eh season is season 3. To me, it’s like season 2 of the wire. Hated it on first watch, liked it more on the rewatch. It starts becoming cartoony probably around season 5, but it’s still entertaining. Pretty much it’s like GTA, but with cheat codes on lol

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
you right (could even add tavon too, getting brained by a woman and falling for a psyop) but the white men didn't escape embarrassing fates either
vic's rejected by his family and trapped in an office job with the sword of damocles hanging over him, shane failed to save his family and killed them, ronnie and lem get betrayed by their day ones, gilroy died a homeless alkie mexican, billings stooped to workers comp fraud, dutch... well, nuff said there :pachaha:
were there even any "good" white male main characters besides dutch, lem and to a certain extent ronnie?
nah Sutter a closet racist but at least the show showed how no one was really about shyt, even the good characters turned an eye to mackey because he got results. Lem dying, Shane offing himself, Ronnie going to prison and Vic being the shame of LAPD and then being on desk duty to a soul sucking job with bullshyt tendencies. Show was just about corrupt police and like most gangster/mafia movies no one wins in the end and you don't win by being bad.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
With that being said, offtopic, how did you rip this? My rips never look this clean and pristine. :ehh:
i didn't rip those but i use ffmpeg in lossless mode to make quick clips

if u meant the whole episode then i just keep the raw isos
All Vic's children except one were autistic.

When he cheated on Corrine and had a baby with Danny, that proved that it was his genes that were messed up, not his wife's.
lmao i never thought about it from that angle :mjlol:
but I’m not merely talking about “bad moments”…a majority of the positive non-white characters were straight up emasculated…but I know folks wouldn’t want to go there so I won’t dwell on the point
ah i see what u meant now (see my sig lol)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is SOA any good, brehs? I never watched it. :jbhmm:

same run em and gun em shyt as “the shield” but with bikers…I didn’t realize sutter was behind both shows at the time…first 2 seasons were very good but the 3rd season is when it became more difficult for me to suspend disbelief…I still continued to watch it out of habit…on friday nights I’d fix a drink and catch up on the shows I missed that week…this would be among them

Daps
same run em and gun em shyt as “the shield” but with bikers…I didn’t realize sutter was behind both shows at the time…first 2 seasons were very good but the 3rd season is when it became more difficult for me to suspend disbelief…I still continued to watch it out of habit…on friday nights I’d fix a drink and catch up on the shows I missed that week…this would be among them

Between SOA and Mayans, which one would you pick?