Just finished watching "The Shield"

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Man I just finished the series amazing show.
One of the best and realistic shows ever :wow:
So many :wow: :damn::whoo::whew::lupe::banderas: moments

I loved the ending I was sitting there bouncing back between :dwillhuh: and :russ: when Vic was realizing he was gon be stuck in that office. His face was pure and utter disgjst the whole time.
But what I liked most about that final episode is Vic finally stops and sits and reflects. Throughout the whole series he's always on the move, he rarely if ever just sat down. Almost every scene he has unless he's in a car or in some type of situation where he gotta sit to explain the fukkery he's in to someone else he's standing. The first time he stops and seen what he's done is when he looks at Shane's photos the second is in his office. Still never shed a tear. But he finally got to see all the damage he'd done and how it was all gone.
At its core the shield aint a show about crooked cops its about the destruction of family. His real family and his work family. The BBQ in the pilot is the last time he really had both then it starts to all unravel from there. He's doing all this in the name of saving his family but in reality all of it is the reason he's losing his family and he doesn't even see it until the very last scene. Phenomenal.

I dont know if I ever really rooted for Vic he was such a racist scumbag a$$hole that I couldn't. Shane I felt some pity for even those he was a shytbag also, but Vic turned him into that,the same as he did Lem and Ronnie. All of em were scum and fukkem :hubie:
My man Forrest put on the performance of a lifetime.
Show really brought out the best in everyone.
I just finished it for the first time but I might have to go back and watch those earlier seasons cause its been awhile since I've seen those.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Man I just finished the series amazing show.
One of the best and realistic shows ever :wow:
So many :wow: :damn::whoo::whew::lupe::banderas: moments

I loved the ending I was sitting there bouncing back between :dwillhuh: and :russ: when Vic was realizing he was gon be stuck in that office. His face was pure and utter disgjst the whole time.
But what I liked most about that final episode is Vic finally stops and sits and reflects. Throughout the whole series he's always on the move, he rarely if ever just sat down. Almost every scene he has unless he's in a car or in some type of situation where he gotta sit to explain the fukkery he's in to someone else he's standing. The first time he stops and seen what he's done is when he looks at Shane's photos the second is in his office. Still never shed a tear. But he finally got to see all the damage he'd done and how it was all gone.
At its core the shield aint a show about crooked cops its about the destruction of family. His real family and his work family. The BBQ in the pilot is the last time he really had both then it starts to all unravel from there. He's doing all this in the name of saving his family but in reality all of it is the reason he's losing his family and he doesn't even see it until the very last scene. Phenomenal.

I dont know if I ever really rooted for Vic he was such a racist scumbag a$$hole that I couldn't. Shane I felt some pity for even those he was a shytbag also, but Vic turned him into that,the same as he did Lem and Ronnie. All of em were scum and fukkem :hubie:
My man Forrest put on the performance of a lifetime.
Show really brought out the best in everyone.
I just finished it for the first time but I might have to go back and watch those earlier seasons cause its been awhile since I've seen those.

Its a hugely underrated show. Top 10 GOAT worthy.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The camera shots in this are also classic.

The look of the show, w/ the hand-held, focus pulled, docu-drama style doesn't get mentioned enough b/c it's by design meant to be "sloppy" and "ugly" but intentional to add so much weight to the acting and the feeling that you're just in the room reacting. I love and think more need to shout out the camera style of the show specifically.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Stutter imo is a good writer when he is on a team, when he's by himself that's when things get too stupid, probably why he got fired of Mayans

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Got to the episode of asceveda sucking dikk…. Wow is all I have to say. Should’ve killed the guy but I see how they wanted that to play it, asceveda had to bring him down HIS way not Vic’s way.

episode I’m on right now has Andre 3k:ohhh: