Just Completed 30 Days, No Alcohol, Gallon of Water a Day challenge AMA

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lost a very close friend in December on the verge of a trip to SA (shout-out to @phcitywarrior, if you there in April let me know). Sent me into a depressed bender, binging off of alcohol and food. Came out of it 20 lb heavier, and more bloated in the face. Been lurking in this thread for about 2 weeks. The trigger to dive in feet first was last weekend, when me and my girlfriend broke up.

Started carrying around a 25 fl oz flute at home and the office on Monday. That's 0.2 gallons, so 5 fills is a gallon. Drink one when I wake up, and space out the rest through the day. Also, took the opportunity to start meal prepping in 3 day intervals, avoiding carbs and starches. Sticking to 1500 carbs a day (Saturday is a cheat day). No juice, no liquor (except on Saturday, and just brown on the rocks), no soda.

First/second day was a killer, I was struggling to get the 4th/5th fills down. I was pissing every 20 minutes, and I was having headaches (either carb withdrawal or electrolyte imbalance).

It's the end of the first week and I can easily down 1.2-1.5 gallons without blinking. Hunger pangs are non-existent. Bowel movements are much easier and cleaner. I've lost 6 lb already. Sleeping better and waking up refreshed. I've definitely seen enough to make this a permanent change in my dietary habits.

So yeah, a shout-out to @TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY for this thread. If you're considering doing this, just do it. You have nothing to lose.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
Lost a very close friend in December on the verge of a trip to SA (shout-out to @phcitywarrior, if you there in April let me know). Sent me into a depressed bender, binging off of alcohol and food. Came out of it 20 lb heavier, and more bloated in the face. Been lurking in this thread for about 2 weeks. The trigger to dive in feet first was last weekend, when me and my girlfriend broke up.

Started carrying around a 25 fl oz flute at home and the office on Monday. That's 0.2 gallons, so 5 fills is a gallon. Drink one when I wake up, and space out the rest through the day. Also, took the opportunity to start meal prepping in 3 day intervals, avoiding carbs and starches. Sticking to 1500 carbs a day (Saturday is a cheat day). No juice, no liquor (except on Saturday, and just brown on the rocks), no soda.

First/second day was a killer, I was struggling to get the 4th/5th fills down. I was pissing every 20 minutes, and I was having headaches (either carb withdrawal or electrolyte imbalance).

It's the end of the first week and I can easily down 1.2-1.5 gallons without blinking. Hunger pangs are non-existent. Bowel movements are much easier and cleaner. I've lost 6 lb already. Sleeping better and waking up refreshed. I've definitely seen enough to make this a permanent change in my dietary habits.

So yeah, a shout-out to @TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY for this thread. If you're considering doing this, just do it. You have nothing to lose.

Young god, sorry for your loss, you have another spirit ridin with you while on your journey.

Great to hear you progressing in the right direction. Remember we cant control circumstance but we can control how we perceive and move forward. You are loved by the universe and your brethren. Keep pushin, great things are here for you now.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
Day 19 of no alcohol day 14 only water about a week in on keto

feeling good and looking great but im about to get tested tonight when i go out

not a huge fan of going to the club sober but im tired of being in the house :francis:

Aww shyttttt, this is where men are made.

The Lord and I will be with you in spirit

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i been on intermittent fasting the last 4 or 5 days too it makes staying within your daily calories so much easier... keto + if are like peanutbutter and jelly,, im getting lean af
What time you eat

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
crazy shift right?

My lower back pain disappeared and I wake up smoother from a better quality sleep. I only drink 1 cup of cranberry juice for Vitamin C and a gallon of water for the rest of the day. Even drinking juice is a challenge cause the taste is weird and not as refreshing from drinking water.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
Started my 2 weeks today. Gotta stay strong :mjcry:

Stay strong cuzzin we got this!!! Easy work

tenor.gif