"Jungle Fever" 1991 Spike Lee film starring Wesley Snipes

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Any Nyers remember around this time freestyle music was the go to for guidos Hot 103.5 was their radio station, then they moved down the dial to 97.1. Then they slowly started playing Hip Hop with Flex doing sets on Fri./Sat. nights. The guidos liked it, thus race relations improved and the first mostly Hip Hop station in NYC was born. lol

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't really think the movie is against ALL interracial relationships. Like, if two people connect and they happen to be of a different race, then cool, that's fine. Like I think Paulie and the black girl is Spike's idea of a healthy IR relationship. But when it's two people who simply are "curious" or are fetishizing one another like Flipper was doing, that's when you run into problems.

Also, this movie is hard for people who weren't familiar with the climate at the time to understand. Like someone today would think it was completely over the top with how crazy people reacted to black and white couples, not realizing that the whole Yusef Hawkins incident happened in that same Italian neighborhood only a few years before the movie came out. The racial tension in NY around that time was insane

Didn't say it was against interracial relationships. But it did call out kats like Wesley character who had color struck issues. His wife even mentioned that he and his brother were both color struck and ignored it. But it finally slapped her in her face when he got someone even lighter than her who was a white woman.

And really that is what the dude I went to school was acknowledging. He was color struck, had issues with his own skin color and he picked out girls that were a certain color because he had color struck issues.

Meeting someone and dating another race that you connect to is different than being color struck.

I think people could relate to this movie if they are being realistic. We have intense racial issues today with Ferguson, the situation on the Missouri campus, the tea bagger party and a black man in the white house.

The problem is that this society wants to ignore issues and candy coat them. Perfect example years ago during the Vietnam war it was common to turn on the TV and show men, women and children dead bodies in war. They showed people getting shot and their brains blown out.

Today in war the news won't show those pictures but you will get some weak screen shot of the number of dead. See none of these issues have changed we are just desensitized from reality and that is a way to control people. See in the 60s and 70s folks protested cause they could see people killed nightly on the news because of the war. Folks in power found out real quick it is better to censor this shyt and let this shyt be out of sight and out of mind.

The same thing is happening in TV and Hollywood when we ignore these issues because they are never addressed.

Last edited:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Typical Coli underrating Wesley while sucking off Denzel or Sam Jackson (even worse will fukking smith).

The nikka Sam played a good part because HE WAS A fukkING CRACKHEAD. i thought playing yourself wasnt acting brehs?

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Movie was good but pales far in comparison to Do The Right Thing

The third act of Jungle Fever shyt kinda gets muddled and I felt nothing when it ended because almost everything was left in the air

The third act of Do The Right Thing was one of the most perfectly executed in cinematic history, shyt was flawless.

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
the way her father beat her ass when he found out....:mjcry::sadcam::dwillhuh::whoo::huhldup::ooh::heh::whew: the incredible amount fukkery of it all. dude woke the whole neighborhood up...

he said: "id rather you fukk a child molester than a ******....":to::mjpls::mindblown::dahell: you really hate black people that much??? :mjlol::wtf:

These people will rather help hide their kids as murderers than accept them dating out of their race :dead:

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just watched it again. I find it hilarious how this movie played out like a live action coli thread in the locker room. Just shows you that nothing changes over time.

:damn:what happened to black american cinema man...

what happened:mjcry:

Last edited:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Nick Turturro's character had me DYING, the way he'd go 0 to 100 in the span of a few seconds. Typical Italian hothead type who can't control his temper.

Vinny: :ufdup: You see my girl, Denise? She knows better. She got out of line one time, (loudly stomps foot on the floor) :birdman: I stomped her right in the midsection.

:mjlol::mjlol:

:russ: at the scene when Vinny (Nick Turturro) and Frankie Botz (Michael Badalucco) were arguing:

Frankie Botz: (to Vinny) :childplease: At least my brother ain't no crackhead.

Vinny: :ufdup: Hey Tony ain't no crackhead; he's on methadone.

Frankie Botz: :rudy: Fukkin drug addict!

Vinny: :ufdup: HE'S A RECOVERING HEROIN ADDICT ON METHADONE!!! SO FUKK YOU!!!

Frankie Botz: :what: Fukk me?!

Vinny: :stopitslime: Yeah!

Frankie Botz: :pacspit: FUKK YOU!!!!!

Vinny: :ufdup: Hey, hey, don't talk about my fukkin brother thay way!

Frankie Botz: :pacspit: YOUR BROTHER IS A FUKKIN THIEF, MAN!!! HE STOLE A RADIO OUTTA MY FUKKIN CAR!!!!!

Vinny: :stopitslime: HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Frankie Botz: :dahell: HOW DO I KNOW?!! :damn: HE FUKKIN TRIED TO SELL IT BACK TO ME, MAN!!!!!!!

:laff::laff::laff:

Last edited:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vinny: :ufdup: You see my girl, Denise? She knows better. She got out of line one time, (loudly stomps foot on the floor) :birdman: I stomped her right in the midsection.

:mjlol::mjlol:

:russ: at the scene when Vinny (Nick Turturro) and Frankie Botz (Michael Badalucco) were arguing:

Frankie Botz: (to Vinny) :childplease: At least my brother ain't no crackhead.

Vinny: :ufdup: Hey Tony ain't no crackhead; he's on methadone.

Frankie Botz: :rudy: Fukkin drug addict!

Vinny: :ufdup: HE'S A RECOVERING HEROIN ADDICT ON METHADONE!!! SO FUKK YOU!!!

Frankie Botz: :what: Fukk me?!

Vinny: :stopitslime: Yeah!

Frankie Botz: :pacspit: FUKK YOU!!!!!

Vinny: :ufdup: Hey, hey, don't talk about my fukkin brother thay way!

Frankie Botz: :pacspit: YOUR BROTHER IS A FUKKIN THIEF, MAN!!! HE STOLE A RADIO OUTTA MY FUKKIN CAR!!!!!

Vinny: :stopitslime: HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Frankie Botz: :dahell: HOW DO I KNOW?!! :damn: HE FUKKIN TRIED TO SELL IT BACK TO ME, MAN!!!!!!!

:laff::laff::laff:
:russ:

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Annabella Sciorra was sexy as fukk :wow:

Her accent, the way she carried herself ... just her whole vibe in the movie

17661851_173441619840938_5117604046017921024_n.jpg

annabella-sciorra-big-wallpaper-7b9dd2ef8e8259b2f690895f6ee51756-large-812888.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-04-16-11h36m23s36.png