"Jungle Fever" 1991 Spike Lee film starring Wesley Snipes

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Movie was good but pales far in comparison to Do The Right Thing

The third act of Jungle shyt kinda gets muddled and I felt nothing when it ended because almost everything was left in the air

The third act of Do The Right Thing was one of the most perfectly executed in cinematic history, shyt was flawless.

Yea I think what happened is that Spike kind of fell in love with the "its up to you to know what happens next" line of storytelling. In Do The Right Thing he executed it perfectly, but the movie still had AN ending. Same thing with Mo Better Blues. School Daze and Jungle Fever kind of just ended in a jarring fashion

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That's honestly the only scene I remember from that movie, probably because I was like 13 when I watched it

And female characters were his weakness because he casted his sister in damn near every movie he made and she is C+ actress at best

I thought she did well in Mo Betta and Do The Right Thing....

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
What stands out the most about the movie right off bat.

1. A Halle Berry skeezer in her prime, yeah right.
2. I always thought this was a coded example of how Marvin Gaye (Samuel L. Jackson) was killed by his father (Ossie Davis).
3. This was my first time seeing Samuel Jackson, and probably Halle Berry.
4. Didn't like the ending, like most of the early Spike Lee movies.

Last edited:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC

2. I always thought this was a coded example of how Marvin Gaye (Samuel L. Jackson) was killed by his father (Ossie Davis).
3. This was my first time seeing Samuel Jackson, and probably Halley Berry.

I take it you weren't around for the crack era?

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps

3. This was my first time seeing Samuel Jackson, and probably Halley Berry.

Good point about Marvin, I never thought of that. Marvin Sr. was a minister (and an abusive cross-dressing weirdo) and Marvin was a drug addict.

First time I saw SLJ was robbing McDowell’s in Coming to America, and he had a small part in Goodfellas, but this was his breakout role. They were worried his role would trigger a relapse/

I didn’t like the ending either. I know it goes back to that earlier when he’s walking his daughter, but it’s still so jarring and feels off.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Annabella Sciorra was sexy as fukk :wow:

Her accent, the way she carried herself ... just her whole vibe in the movie

17661851_173441619840938_5117604046017921024_n.jpg

annabella-sciorra-big-wallpaper-7b9dd2ef8e8259b2f690895f6ee51756-large-812888.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-04-16-11h36m23s36.png

Round the way girl that would get you hemmed up in Bensonhurst when it was predominantly Italian.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Good point about Marvin, I never thought of that. Marvin Sr. was a minister (and an abusive cross-dressing weirdo) and Marvin was a drug addict.

First time I saw SLJ was robbing McDowell’s in Coming to America, and he had a small part in Goodfellas, but this was his breakout role. They were worried his role would trigger a relapse/

I didn’t like the ending either. I know it goes back to that earlier when he’s walking his daughter, but it’s still so jarring and feels off.
I guess I didn't recognize SLJ in "Coming to America".

Btw, I was thinking "Jungle Fever" ended with SLJ getting shot. But then again, I haven't seen the movie again since when it came out.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I take it you weren't around for the crack era?
I saw it when it started and ended. You may have misunderstood me. This was my way of saying very few skeezers on those streets had a body like Halle Berry in her prime. If they did, they lost it in a month, or they only hit the streets during the holidays. From what I remember, I think Halle still at least had a crackhead boyfriend in her role. It may have been SLJ. I can't remember.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I saw it when it started and ended. You may have misunderstood me. This was my way of saying very few skeezers on those streets had a body like Halle Berry in her prime. If they did, they lost it in a month, or they only hit the streets during the holidays. From what I remember, I think Halle still at least had a crackhead boyfriend in her role. It may have been SLJ. I can't remember.

My bad. You're right. My dad said the same thing. 10s looked like ghouls because the rock destroyed their bodies.