"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
Can we all admit that the defensive philosophy has to change. We have to lean more to zone blitzes and man blitzes to fix this secondary.
nick needs to change his defensive philopshy. Nick wants us to play this bend but dont break defense. which is why we went from Gannon to Desai because they run this Fangio defense. i hate that he wants to run this style of defense. but their thinking is teams are more prone to make mistakes having to drive down the field 10 plays at a time. teams have to be perfect as far as no penalties.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
We have the worst pass defense yardage wise (skewed due to playing one game more than half the league) but also the most hurries, 4th most sacks and lead the league in pressures ( hurries + sacks + knockdowns). Blitzing more may do more harm than good.
They also lead the league in under 2 second pressures, which is why they gave someone like Triggerman Tua a headache (no one gets the ball out quicker)

Pressure isn't the problem, so blitzing definently won't fix the issues. There are a lot of things happening at once:

- Slay and JB losing a step
- all the injuries at Nickel corner so you have a UDFA (Ricks) and rookie safety (Brown) in there by default learning on the fly
- no continuity with all the mixing and matching on the back seven, there's no chemistry or confidence in passing off assignments

The hope is a vet like Roby can get healthy and Byard can get more acclimated, and that will clean things up so they at least know where to be and can become a decent unit. I don't think the secondary is gonna be a strength at any point though, it's gonna be up to the offense and pass rush to pull that extra weight.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I don't think the defensive scheme is as bad as people say. Obviously injuries but at times the players aren't doing their jobs. Mostly due to youth but there are plenty of examples of a perfect playcall and the DB is looking in the backfield or doing some goofy shyt to give up a TD

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
They also lead the league in under 2 second pressures, which is why they gave someone like Triggerman Tua a headache (no one gets the ball out quicker)
Wow I didn't realize that. That's a hell of a stat for a defense with the 9th lowest blitz rate. We got some hogs man.

Somehow the middle of the field has to get tightened up. Cunningham, Nakobe, Reed and the dbs you mentioned can't do a damn thing in open space. I don't even know if health is the answer.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Wow I didn't realize that. That's a hell of a stat for a defense with the 9th lowest blitz rate. We got some hogs man.

Somehow the middle of the field has to get tightened up. Cunningham, Nakobe, Reed and the dbs you mentioned can't do a damn thing in open space. I don't even know if health is the answer.
I think he will be benched he was horrible, and lowkey has been a disappointment

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Our top pick needs to aim for DB. Also a Surtain trade wouldnt hurt
:whoa:

Giving up all the picks Denver would want + resetting the market with a contract like Surtain is going to get is how you end up flabby like the Rams right now. Between entering the meat of Jalen and AJs deals and Smitty and dikkerson needing extensions this upcoming offseason we need that cheap labor to keep the main the main thing :lolbron:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:whoa:

Giving up all the picks Denver would want + resetting the market with a contract like Surtain is going to get is how you end up flabby like the Rams right now. Between entering the meat of Jalen and AJs deals and Smitty and dikkerson needing extensions this upcoming offseason we need that cheap labor to keep the main the main thing :lolbron:
True. It’s a reason why Howie trying to be slick and see if one of these UDFAs hit and also got that corner from the colts who is suspended for gambling. I think we will spend a high pick on one and see if the colts corner or somebody else emerges

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.

Pressure isn't the problem, so blitzing definently won't fix the issues. There are a lot of things happening at once:

- Slay and JB losing a step
- all the injuries at Nickel corner so you have a UDFA (Ricks) and rookie safety (Brown) in there by default learning on the fly
- no continuity with all the mixing and matching on the back seven, there's no chemistry or confidence in passing off assignments

The hope is a vet like Roby can get healthy and Byard can get more acclimated, and that will clean things up so they at least know where to be and can become a decent unit. I don't think the secondary is gonna be a strength at any point though, it's gonna be up to the offense and pass rush to pull that extra weight.
what i dont like is Desai trying to play Byard in man he cant do that. titan reporters were saying that before he was tried. he isnt a great man safety no more. which is what we saw against the cowgirls he was getting cooked by Ferguson.

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
Our top pick needs to aim for DB. Also a Surtain trade wouldnt hurt
i dont see Surtain going anywhere. denver isnt getting rid of a young corner building block on defense.

our best bet is probably drafting or maybe taking a flyer on JC Horn(even with his injury history)maybe he can be had for not as much draft capital. to me Panthers are further away from competing then Denver. also howie wanted Horn over Surtain coming out of the draft. i can see Howie going DB crazy this draft & ILB. i got my eye on Trotter Jr, kid is about to be a fukking stud. only right he comes homes & mans the middle of the field for us.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
i dont see Surtain going anywhere. denver isnt getting rid of a young corner building block on defense.

our best bet is probably drafting or maybe taking a flyer on JC Horn(even with his injury history)maybe he can be had for not as much draft capital. to me Panthers are further away from competing then Denver. also howie wanted Horn over Surtain coming out of the draft. i can see Howie going DB crazy this draft & ILB. i got my eye on Trotter Jr, kid is about to be a fukking stud. only right he comes homes & mans the middle of the field for us.
His name has been circulating all season about a trade. I think denver will give him up for a nice haul. But then again, like someone mentioned above, i dont think we can afford him

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
nick needs to change his defensive philopshy. Nick wants us to play this bend but dont break defense. which is why we went from Gannon to Desai because they run this Fangio defense. i hate that he wants to run this style of defense. but their thinking is teams are more prone to make mistakes having to drive down the field 10 plays at a time. teams have to be perfect as far as no penalties.

I wish we wouldn't be so predictable on def

Offense running motion always shows if we're in man or zone...we need slay to play more press on 3rd & short...we need to spy mobile QBs more...there's a lot to nitpick

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I didn't realize the chiefs had a bye too. Andy Reid licking his chops watching film of this secondary :mjcry:

We gon' see

These are the post-Tyreek, now post-Bienemy Chiefs.

Is this offense averaging 21 points per game over the last five weeks?

It ain't gonna be easy, but the thing I'm most worried about is not Pat or Travis. Its the referees.