"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Got suspended last season, caught a gun charge this offseason and got benched for breaking some team rules last week. Breh's a problem child.

Beli's fighting for his life right now, he's not cutting contributors unless his hand was forced.

Jalen Carter has BG and Fletcher as role models and to keep him in line

Big Play Slay & Bradberry can't offer that same mentorship for this troubled but talented corner :hubie:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
So…..we got eight games left in the season and we’re currently 8-1.

Detroit has the next best record in the NFC at 7-2. Dallas and San Fran are both 6-3.

We have a MURDER’S ROW of opponents coming up in these last 8 games. In fact, of all the leading NFC teams right now, we have THE toughest remaining schedule.

But here’s what’s so crazy…..the Eagles could LITERALLY play .500 ball through the end of the year and STILL potentially end up with the #1 seed in the NFC. SO……we play any BETTER than .500 ball between now and the end of the year – even ONE win over .500 - and we’re in excellent shape. But even .500 ball may get us to where we need to be.

Granted…I’m not saying I WANT us to go .500 (or even that we will, though we WILL learn a lot about this team in the next eight weeks). Just saying…..the math is mathing right now, so it’s up to these guys to come off this bye and truly LOOK different, especially on defense, but also cleaning up the turnovers, etc.

The BIGGEST threat is the Lions. They would need to win 6 of their last 8 to overtake the #1 seed, and that’s VERY possible for them because Detroit’s remaining schedule COULD see them winning those six – they’ve got the Bears|Packers|Saints|Bears (again)|Broncos|Vikings|Cowboys|Vikings

Dallas’s remaining schedule: Panthers|Commanders|Seahawks|Eagles|Bills|Dolphins|Lions|Commanders

San Fran’s remaining schedule: Bucs|Seahawks|Eagles|Seahawks|Cardinals|Ravens|Commanders|Rams

Point being….we’ve really got to win more than half these next eight games to solidify that #1 seed.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So…..we got eight games left in the season and we’re currently 8-1.

Detroit has the next best record in the NFC at 7-2. Dallas and San Fran are both 6-3.

We have a MURDER’S ROW of opponents coming up in these last 8 games. In fact, of all the leading NFC teams right now, we have THE toughest remaining schedule.

But here’s what’s so crazy…..the Eagles could LITERALLY play .500 ball through the end of the year and STILL potentially end up with the #1 seed in the NFC. SO……we play any BETTER than .500 ball between now and the end of the year – even ONE win over .500 - and we’re in excellent shape. But even .500 ball may get us to where we need to be.

Granted…I’m not saying I WANT us to go .500 (or even that we will, though we WILL learn a lot about this team in the next eight weeks). Just saying…..the math is mathing right now, so it’s up to these guys to come off this bye and truly LOOK different, especially on defense, but also cleaning up the turnovers, etc.

The BIGGEST threat is the Lions. They would need to win 6 of their last 8 to overtake the #1 seed, and that’s VERY possible for them because Detroit’s remaining schedule COULD see them winning those six – they’ve got the Bears|Packers|Saints|Bears (again)|Broncos|Vikings|Cowboys|Vikings

Dallas’s remaining schedule: Panthers|Commanders|Seahawks|Eagles|Bills|Dolphins|Lions|Commanders

San Fran’s remaining schedule: Bucs|Seahawks|Eagles|Seahawks|Cardinals|Ravens|Commanders|Rams

Point being….we’ve really got to win more than half these next eight games to solidify that #1 seed.

i'd definitely put my money on us getting the 1st seed right now. our upcoming 5 game stretch is definitely tough but i don't see how we don't escape at least 3-2. i like our chances a lot vs @SEA & Bills. then we will definitely steal one of @DAL or SF. @KC is by far the toughest one on the stale knowing how that reid magic works after a bye, but i wouldn't be full blown shocked if we won that. the final 3 games is 3-0 although the cardinals game could be a potential trap game with kyler back. 6-2 should lock up the 1st seed easily while 5-3 or 4-4 will be a huge gamble. there's no shot lions go 8-0, even 7-1 is unlikely. they will blow 2 of those games that they should win. injuries can easily derail all of this talk and swing things in another direction like they almost did last year when we lost hurts for some games though :francis:.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I want to see us use Sydney Brown to spy Mahomes on every 3rd & 8+ on Mon night

I want to see us run more exotic looks than we ever have on def...and not be so predictable

I want to see the secondary play the best game they have all yr

I want to see our DL be disruptive and dominant, esp Jalen Carter and Josh Sweat

I want to see Travis Kelce doubled on every 3rd & long

I want to see our running game to be dominant all 4 quarters

I want to see Jalen keep up the good work in the pocket

I want to see massive improvement from the 2 new coordinators

I want to see a convincing dub on Mon night

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
i don't think there's anyone in the AFC that can realistically stop the Chiefs from going back now. Had money on the Ravens, but they just lost Mark Andrews, and he's incredibly important to their offense.

Burrow out for the year. Dolphins fraudulent.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I want him to stay in the pocket though Jalen is a pretty good Pocket QB why chance that knee any more than it needs to
No coincidence our run game got slashed to less than 3.5 ypc over the last month since his knee started acting up. I wanna see him stay in the pocket too but teams at least having to respect the designed QB run game is gonna free things back up for the OL and backs.

i don't think there's anyone in the AFC that can realistically stop the Chiefs from going back now. Had money on the Ravens, but they just lost Mark Andrews, and he's incredibly important to their offense.

Burrow out for the year. Dolphins fraudulent.
Andrews is really good but there's still hope for Baltimore. Flowers and Odell had big games after he left, it's gonna force Lamar to spread the ball around and that could be enough with their run game + defense if they can lock up home field.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
thoughts on trottter in the draft next yr?
One of the easier evaluations in the 2024 NFL Draft, Trotter grades out as a top-20 prospect on the board. He’s a potential LB1 candidate along with his teammate Carter, and despite the deflated positional value of LBs in the modern NFL, he deserves Round 1 consideration.

no chance in hell :pachaha:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
One of the easier evaluations in the 2024 NFL Draft, Trotter grades out as a top-20 prospect on the board. He’s a potential LB1 candidate along with his teammate Carter, and despite the deflated positional value of LBs in the modern NFL, he deserves Round 1 consideration.

More likely we draft an OT or DE

Trotter is nice but his pop was 260...Jr is 230

We need a 6'3 250 LB that can cover, thump and run sideline to sideline

More than likely, we'll draft an undersized LB in rd 5 or 6 :snoop:

CW99

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Exactly my thoughts gaurantee we look to the Line or throw a prayer to heaven a CB

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Its just not meant for our pass rush to have solid footing against the Chiefs in 2023. :francis:

Our great equalizer against Mahomes will be equalized by a slippery field again. It won't be a valid excuse for another loss if that happens but, I'd like to see strength on strength for this match up, with no hindrances on either side.

Maybe in February.. :banderas:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
If our offense doesn't turn the ball over like they've been doing all season I think we have a good shot to win. If they do, even once, I think that'll be game