"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Maddox out for the year with torn Pectoral

He needs to retire.
He is never healthy

They brought in a bunch of young guys hoping one of them can play

Well I think Sydney Brown can play, I think Jobe can play, I think Ricks can play
Maybe Ringo can play

A lot of hopes & dreams in that secondary

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Penny cooked like a mf
Looks like Those injuries roasted him
Cause He's got zero burst left and probably should be cut

We're praying Swift can stay healthy cause Boston Scott ain't gonna do what Swift did
nikkas was saying “we don’t need Jonathan Taylor, we’ve got swift and penny” :mjlol:

Swift is that dude, but we need that explosiveness when he’s off the field too. Gainwell don’t bring that.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
They brought in a bunch of young guys hoping one of them can play

Well I think Sydney Brown can play, I think Jobe can play, I think Ricks can play
Maybe Ringo can play

A lot of hopes & dreams in that secondary
Problem is none of them play slot. Only Goodrich has been getting slot time and ironically they were putting bradberry there in camp just in case avonte got hurt lol

Last edited:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Problem is none of them play slot. Only Goodrich has been getting slot time and ironically they were putting bradberry there in camp just in case avonte got hurt lol
I don't think they'll move him there full-time but all those reps in the summer tells me Desai isn't gonna watch a backup get cooked and do nothing like Gannon did with Josiah Scott.

I expect a heavy dose of the Jobe outside/Bradberry slot look when he gets back.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang

From a different perspective just for those worrying about Jalen Hurts and why u should relax about him.

U can also understand AJ Brown's frustration from the jump when Hurts missed him on that big play to Devonta Smith in the first quarter... he had a walk in touchdown on the other side but Swift blew a pass block and Hurts had to hurry the throw so he didnt see him and then later on Brown was running a lot of clear routes too to free up Smith and Goedert

Not a good look on AJ when they are winning but it was a slow build up to that moment in the fourth quarter.

Last edited:

Brocka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
PqvwgDQ.jpg

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Was at the game, maybe the lack of commentary and being able to see the whole field made it stand out more but Jalen looked really mid to me. Those two long passes to Smith helped a lot cause otherwise the passing game was not it. Saw him missing a lot of wide open guys and he took one sack cause he didn’t square up for a throw to a wide open guy cause he was scrambling to his left. Iono just stuff that seemed beneath a player of his caliber.
Not suggesting he better but Cousins def seemed to have more zip on his ball and was just better operating in that low 10-15 yd range, taking what the eagles were giving him underneath. Nice to see the eagles trying put screens back in the mix but naw that wasn’t hitting either
Not too worried tho and end of the day they still winning while facing good defenses mixing things up on a new coordinator early

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Was at the game, maybe the lack of commentary and being able to see the whole field made it stand out more but Jalen looked really mid to me. Those two long passes to Smith helped a lot cause otherwise the passing game was not it. Saw him missing a lot of wide open guys and he took one sack cause he didn’t square up for a throw to a wide open guy cause he was scrambling to his left. Iono just stuff that seemed beneath a player of his caliber.
Not suggesting he better but Cousins def seemed to have more zip on his ball and was just better operating in that low 10-15 yd range, taking what the eagles were giving him underneath. Nice to see the eagles trying put screens back in the mix but naw that wasn’t hitting either
Not too worried tho and end of the day they still winning while facing good defenses mixing things up on a new coordinator early

Glad to read objectivity

I am worried tho bc the MVP so far is Jake Elliott :francis:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Glad to read objectivity

I am worried tho bc the MVP so far is Jake Elliott :francis:
Oh I ain't really read anything else in this thread yet but in general Eagles fans (in Philly) have been pretty down about Hurts and the offense so far this season. Brian Johnson ain't got too many more games before people start going in on him I think
The burn from the Wentz debacle scarred me but I'm trying not to overreact over a couple of early season mid performances