"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Coaching and playcalling really is horrific. You lose Lane Johnson and you throw his replacement on an island it’s bound for mistakes. Jalen played terribly, made some decisions I haven't seen him make since 2021, but he had no help from Brian Johnson. Just a lot of mistakes and overall dumb shyt like they were about to half azz it to another bad win. And being that the offense is still struggling after week 6, I don't trust the OC can fix it.

But whatever, bring on the Dolphins

You sure we want that smoke- this is the hard part of the schedule coming up (aside from the commanders) and this team hasnt had one convincing win so far

i cant believe we lost the the Jets with no Sauce Gardner

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Yeah they didn’t help Driscoll at all. That was sad
They did at times. I saw some double teams, saw the rb with a strong chip a few times. TE on that side to help out. He wasn't completely alone but he was asked to do his fukking job like the multiple year pro he is. And he did a serviceable enough job for us to win, all things considered.

Brocka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
You sure we want that smoke- this is the hard part of the schedule coming up (aside from the commanders) and this team hasnt had one convincing win so far

i cant believe we lost the the Jets with no Sauce Gardner

You play who's on your schedule. We're gonna get that smoke whether we want it or not.

They have to get over this shyt quickly

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
They did at times. I saw some double teams, saw the rb with a strong chip a few times. TE on that side to help out. He wasn't completely alone but he was asked to do his fukking job like the multiple year pro he is. And he did a serviceable enough job for us to win, all things considered.
Will have to disagree on gentleman terms about him being serviceable. If Jalen wasn’t Jalen he would have pulled a Winston justice and gave up an embarrassing amount of sacks.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You play who's on your schedule. We're gonna get that smoke whether we want it or not.

They have to get over this shyt quickly
Yep. 5-6 years ago I got over living and dying with this shyt. It’s football. nikkas get paid to play. Literally nikkas jobs and livelihoods are on the line they not bout to just lay down. That’s why I laugh at these podcasts every week predicting blowouts and shyt especially whenever they mention “oh they got three back up oline playing it’s over or their secondary is banged up we scoring 45”.

You should expect to lose some games you should win on paper. I also expect to win some games we probably think we should lose on paper. It usually evens out. We got a gauntlet coming up but if this team is what we think/hope they are they’ll be okay. All that matters is health at the end of the day.

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Will have to disagree on gentleman terms about him being serviceable. If Jalen wasn’t Jalen he would have pulled a Winston justice and gave up an embarrassing amount of sacks.

Let me reiterate the second part of that. Serviceable enough to win with all things considered. Meaning, we had a lead, the defense was playing great and he wasn't getting blown up to the point where there was never a pocket or running lanes. It was enough for us to keep the lead and win, not gunna go out on a limb and say it was any better than that but I have multiple players I'd put the loss on before him.

Hurts
Smitty
Swift
Goedert
Gainwell with that awful drop

All of them catch blame from me before Jake.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
That was just a snowball everyone saw forming in real time. The Goedert bobble-INT, Swift fumble, Smitty drops all left points on the field even before the missed FG. Game should've never been in the balance late into the 4th but that's football, any given sunday.

Normally I'd see the bright spot in dropping a dud like that right before a big primetime game and how it's gonna force everyone to tighten up, but that might not matter if they're gonna play Miami with Bradberry and 4th/5th stringers in every other spot of the secondary :francis:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That was just a snowball everyone saw forming in real time. The Goedert bobble-INT, Swift fumble, Smitty drops all left points on the field even before the missed FG. Game should've never been in the balance late into the 4th but that's football, any given sunday.

Normally I'd see the bright spot in dropping a dud like that right before a big primetime game and how it's gonna force everyone to tighten up, but that might not matter if they're gonna play Miami with Bradberry and 4th/5th stringers in every other spot of the secondary :francis:
The reed injury is big. Evan’s is on IR. Brown is a rookie and hurt. And edmunds is not a starter. And that’s just the safeties not even talking corners and o line. We are in trouble health wise.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Lane has a high ankle sprain

Obligatory fukk Gannon for blowing the Super Bowl when we were so healthy

So we gonna have the whole right side of the line be back ups, we may be starting an injured rookie and edmunds at safety and lord knows who we gonna have at corner

Poor week for the Kelly greens. It may get uglier than a master p sneaker out there

Daps
That was a trash ass performance by the Byrd Gang. Hopefully it serves as a wake up call. Jalen made some struggle reads, he has to clean that up but the offense let the defense down as a unit. All these injuries piling up isn’t helping either. The next 2 months will tell us a lot…

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
We ran the ball 12 times :francis:

14 times... not including the Hurts scrambles and designed runs.

The Jets are the 26th ranked run defense too:mjlol:... they saw the the Jets starting corners were out and then got foolish and throw happy.

To be honest with u, this was the perfect Rashaad Penny and Swift game (I have no idea why Penny is still here if u not going to use him)
just stretch runs and between the tackles runs. Dink and donk short passes game cause the Jets were in heavy zone all game cause of their injuries.

Sirianni and Brian Johnson set themselves up for this and Hurts was the instrument for incompetence.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Those slow developing run plays where the backs are getting hit 2-3 yds behind the LOS need to be bushed ASAP

How many times this season have we been in the redzone and had negative run plays?

Why don't we throw more screens to counter blitzes?

Why don't we run the ball more so we can get more 1 on 1 opportunities to throw deep?

Why do we come out pass happy instead of establishing the run and setting the tone from the jump?

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
https-3A-2F-2Fthejetpress-com-2Fwp-content-2Fuploads-2Fgetty-images-2F2017-2F07-2F1195605084-850x560-deb1604cf85b38ffcd02cc24a542d866.jpg

(Jets Defense Shocks Eagles with 4 Turnovers handing them their first Loss of the Seasons. This was the First Win against the Eagles in Jets History after losing last 12 games straight since 1973)

USATSI_18861388_168393153_lowres-e1660416812696.jpg

(Jalen Hurts tied career record of Three Turnovers. AJ Brown makes History with another great performance.

i

(Hassan Riddikk and the Eagles D goes off again with another 5 Sack Performance)

*Eagles fall to 5-1 on the Season with first Loss to the NY Jets in Franchise History. 12-1 All-Time Vs The Jets
*#1 NFC BEAST, #1 Record NFL (Tied with 49ers, Chiefs and Lions)
*JALEN'S STEAK: Jalen's historic road streak ends at 11. He was also on 11 Straight Regular season wins. Jalen falls to 22-2 over his last 24 Regular Season Games.
*HISTORIC AJ: AJ Brown because the first Eagles WR to have over 125 Yards in 4 Straight Games
JACKPOT JAKE: In a shocker, Jake missed a FG. He talked about the Meadowlands being a harder stadium when it comes to kicking.
DRIVING DEFENSE: Eagles D did their job holding the Jets Offense most of the game.

AS THE NFC BEAST TURNS: Washington bounces back with a W against The Falcons. G-Men take another loss in Primetime to Bills. The Boys take on the Chargers on Monday Night.

Well there goes the perfect season. Look this was just one of those games were you have to just tip your cap to the Jets Defense. They are a good unit. I would be more upset if they let Zach Wilson beat them. Instead the Eagles Defense actually kept Zach in check majority of the game. This was a situation where the Jets Defense beat our Offense in the 2nd Half. The first Half everything seemed to be rolling. They were up 14-3. Then in the 2nd Half, Swift fumbles and it was just down hill from there. I didn't agree with Brian J's gameplan. The Jets aren't the best against the Run. But because they had secondary issues we decided to go away from the engine that keeps this team going. Jalen ended up throwing 45 times. Why in the world are we in a Air Battle against Zach Wilson who wasn't even airing it out? Sorry there should have been more balance with rushing attempts. Boston came back too. Swift just didn't get going on the ground at all.

Jalen forced a few balls too. I blame Goedert and Driscol for the first two INT's. Goedert gotta hold that. Driscol gotta block better. The last INT was Jalen's fault, there were too many defenders for that pass. Just too many mistakes honestly. They've got to play better. You could argue the Eagles Offense gave the game away. It was still 14-12 with less than two minutes. despite all the mistakes, the game was winnable. But injuries are taking a toll. Lane Johnson is so important to our line. I noticed the Jets got much more pressure on Jalen which affecting his timing. It wasn't the greatest game from Jalen. He was on a crazy streak. He hasn't lost a regular season game in a damn Calendar year. The Jets haven't beat the Eagles ever going back 50 years. I guess they were finally due but look what it took?, The Eagles making the mistakes. I didn't expect a Perfect Season.

I knew an L was lurking somewhere. But these out of conference games always create weird matchups since you don't see each other a lot. No excuses, they should have won that game. So props to the Jets. That Defense has always been good. Zach Wilson didn't even play that great but he didn't make a lot of mistakes. Just managed the game. I can't believe both the Eagles and 49ers went down on the same day. SMH. Anyways, no time to cry about it. The high flying Dolphins are coming to Philly on Kelly Green Night. Three weeks until the Bye Week. Let's get back on the winning track. Losing close games are even harder than getting blown out because you know you had a chance to still win. I don't think they overlooked the Jets. I just feel everyone is giving Philly their best shot since we're coming off the Super Bowl. As for the NFC BEAST. Washington finally got the W beating ATL moving up to 3-3. G-Men continue to collapse but did pretty good against The Bills falling to 1-5. The Boys will try to get back on track tonight against the Chargers and avoid falling to 3-3.