"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
"Martindale, 60, is expected to have options if he becomes available. The Giants' final two opponents -- the Los Angeles Rams and Philadelphia Eagles -- spoke glowingly about his scheme after their matchups. Both could be looking for a defensive coordinator at the conclusion of their respective seasons".

We've gotta consider Wink for sure. If we do, one thing for certain is that we'll need a secondary that can play man.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
01hkk5xr87wm292e5dwn.jpg

Tyrod and the GMen End 5 game losing Streak against Eagles with Season Finale Victory in New York.

GDR37fuWIAAScpb

Eagles have a Rematch against Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday Night Super Wild Card Weekend. This is the 2nd time playing Tampa in the Playoffs in the last two years. The Eagles Beat The Bucs 25-11 on Monday Night Football in Week 3.

Eagles Lose Division clinching the 5th Seed in the NFL Playoffs at 11-6. This is the 7th time in Franchise History the Eagles have finished with 11 wins. The 1949 Eagles won the NFL Championship with 11 wins. This is the Eagles 6th Playoff Birth in 7 Seasons (Tying the Bills), only the Chiefs have more (7 Playoff Berths in 7 Seasons)
#2 NFC BEAST, #5 NFC WILD CARD, #3 RECORD IN THE NFL (Ravens #1, 49ers, Lions, Cowboys #2)
IT’S NOT ABOUT THE PAST BUT ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY: Jalen hurts finishes the season with 38 Total TD’s, 4460 Total Yards. He will be starting his 5th Playoff Game in his young career. This is also Jalen Hurts 3rd Straight Playoff Berth as a Starter.
TAKING THE FOOT OFF THE GAS: Eagles lose 5 of the last 6 games to the end the Season. There are many reasons this happen but not a great finish at all.
THE LONG ROAD: This is the Eagles 14th Wild Card Berth in Franchise History. Only 11 Wild Card Teams has made the Super Bowl with only 7 winning and 4 Losing. The 2007 New York Giants are the only Wild Card NFC BEAST Team to Win A Super Bowl. The 2008 Eagles made it to the NFC Championship as a Wild Card.

AS THE NFC BEAST TURNS: The Boys snatch NFC BEAST Title with Commanders Blowout. Rivera Fired, Washington finishes last place. Giants finally get the W against the Eagles and end with 6 wins and 3rd Place. The Eagles finish in 2nd Place one game behind at 11-6.

Well just flush the last month and let it go. The team was clearly dealing with some things as the season ended. Winning all those games early ended up being the gift and the curse. The 10-1 Eagles which was the best start in the NFL this season, finished 1-5, didn’t expect that one. Again we clinched a month ago, so it felt like they took their foot off the gas. A Drew Lock 90 Yard Drive and one Kyler Murray stop separates the Eagles from the #1 Seed at 13-4. San Fran, The Boys and the Lions all finished at 12-5. So this wasn’t the strongest year in the NFC as far as records (Eagles finished 14-3 last year). So the Eagles were 3 games worst coming off a Super Bowl. That’s honestly not that bad. They had a hangover after clinching the playoffs already. Again the NFC BEAST Back to Back Champ Curse is real. 19 years straight, we were going up against something the NFL has never seen. A Division that switches Champions every single year constantly like a revolving door. Mcnabb and Andy were the last one to do it (4 in the Row 2001-2004).

They were also dealing with the Super Bowl Losers Curse as well. Through it all they are back here again in the playoffs. Props to the Boys for winning the Division. But this was more about the Eagles letting it get away than anything. Also Props to the GMen for getting us back. I thought they played really well. Tyrod also did a good job. Washington just gave up on life and now Rivera is gone. They actually had a worst collapse losing 8 straight. The Eagles felt like giving out some serious gifts to end the season. Gave Pete Carroll one of his last wins as the Seahawks coach. Gave Gannon a much needed victory after a bad season to set him up for next season. Help Daball and the GMen get a nice end of season victory to feel good going into next year. Opened the door for the Boys to the Win the Division and San Fran to get the #1 Seed. I mean they were just in a giving spirit this Holiday Season.

With all that said, everyone is 0-0 now. Regular Season is over and in the Playoffs, Top Seeds get bounced, Wild Card teams shock people an go on runs. Nothing is a lock in the playoffs. It's about who is playing the best on that day. The Eagles will face The Bucs once again. This time Jalen is 2 years older and has more playoff experience. Tom Brady is also not playing there this go around. I know this team is way better than they’ve been playing the last month. It was a perfect storm of bad circumstances. The Eagles are the only Team to beat 6 Playoff Teams this season (Bucs, Rams, Boys, Fins, Chiefs and Bills). They are coming off a Super Bowl and were literally inches from the #1 Seed and Division again. They are battle tested and ready. I believe they will take care of business on Monday Night Football. This will be the Eagles 5th Monday Game this year (3-1) which is the most in Monday Games in NFL History for a Season.

Tampa is a pretty good team, and it will be hard on the road. But the Eagles won 25-11 earlier this season against them running the ball. They need to pound that rock again. So in the end, yes it wasn’t a great final month of the season. No spinning it. My opinion was that they went a little vanilla the last 3 or so weeks due to injuries and other internal issues (Desai/Patricia defensive drama). Hopefully now with a win or go home and the Birds being on the Road, they will be playing with more intenstiy and urgency in the playoffs. Well these matchups are pretty crazy. McCarthy playing Greenbay (Who is 9-1 Vs the Boys over their last 10 games). Stafford and Goff playing their former teams (Stafford coming back home). Tyreek going back to KC. Deshawn Watson’s Browns playing his former Texans. Steelers Vs Bills is a throwback. Also Eagles Vs Bucs has a long history too. Just get it done and get to this Divisional Round.

Last edited:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
….so all of a sudden, we’re ALL THE TALK to possibly get Belichick? :stopitslime:

They seem to think so on “Get Up”.

In other words....the BELIEF is that we're gonna lose on Monday night, and that Sirianni might be on his way out if we do.

At first I was like "naahh, they not firing Nick"....but it's MAAAAD openings now. If we crap the bed against Tampa in a bad way, I think it's possible.

But anyway....not only do I NOT want Belichick, but Josh McDaniels ALSO doesn’t have a job right now…..and you know Belichick loves that moron for some reason. If McDaniels comes to Philly, we got a REAL problem, y’all.

Dude, I’d take MIKE VRABEL before Bill Belichick. At least we know our DEFENSE would improve.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
….so all of a sudden, we’re ALL THE TALK to possibly get Belichick? :stopitslime:

They seem to think so on “Get Up”.

In other words....the BELIEF is that we're gonna lose on Monday night, and that Sirianni might be on his way out if we do.

At first I was like "naahh, they not firing Nick"....but it's MAAAAD openings now. If we crap the bed against Tampa in a bad way, I think it's possible.

But anyway....not only do I NOT want Belichick, but Josh McDaniels ALSO doesn’t have a job right now…..and you know Belichick loves that moron for some reason. If McDaniels comes to Philly, we got a REAL problem, y’all.

Dude, I’d take MIKE VRABEL before Bill Belichick. At least we know our DEFENSE would improve.

in a normal year i would say it's 100% not possible, but all these great coaches on the block? sirianni better plan the game of his life on monday or that talk will be loud and knowing philly (lurie mostly), feeler phone calls will be made if we get embarrassed :hubie: .

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Yeah after we were scrapping the bottle of the barrel last year for replacement coaches they definitely gonna jump the gun if we get booted out early. Beli has never had an offense like this in his life but I don’t think he would rock with hurts.

I want Vrabel for DC though if he’s around long enough.