"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
This team is AZZ

Why are we running out of shotgun on an obv running down with 2 WRs

Every wk it's something else...special teams fumble, pick 6, 70 yd bomb late in the game

This team is not good
Dawg, how am I sitting at HOME calling out our plays? :stopitslime:

They gotta fire EVERY coach we have and start over....and if Sirianni gets in the way of that, fire him too.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Run game is humming and we still throwing in the redzone

A lot of our mistakes on O come when we should run the ball

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Hurts doesnt know how to throw from under snap

How!?!?

I read an article this past week that had a Sirianni quote. I have to paraphrase but it went something like, 'Jalen in the shotgun freezes the backside in ways... Something something'

I believe the quote was in response to why we led the league in shotgun snaps two years ago (could have been last season).

Its just what Nick, Shane and now BJ believe is best for Jalen and the offense.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I read an article this past week that had a Sirianni quote. I have to paraphrase but it went something like, 'Jalen in the shotgun freezes the backside in ways... Something something'

I believe the quote was in response to why we led the league in shotgun snaps two years ago (could have been last season).

Its just what Nick, Shane and now BJ believe is best for Jalen and the offense.

I mean for whatever reason Hurts cant throw over D Linemen so maybe it makes sense

But still

Damn

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I try to find good in every situation

Kelee Ringo is our starting corner next season...ideally, he's CB2

Howie knocked this draft class out the park

Jalen Carter - Future All Pro
Nolan Smith - Future Starter
Sydney Brown - Future Starter
Tyler Steen - Future Starter
Kelee Ringo - Future Starter

We gotta get 3-4 more starters from our 2024 draft class

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps

It’s easy to blame hurts but this whole thing starts at the top.

Was there in person trust me the whole stadium was chanting run the ball

Yep.

It's becoming more and more apparent that Sirianni doesn't know what the fukk he's doing. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else and it's being shown that he's not.

Our play calling philosophy on both sides of the ball is beyond unacceptable. Glad the players are calling them out.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

It’s easy to blame hurts but this whole thing starts at the top.

Was there in person trust me the whole stadium was chanting run the ball

Hurts is a big part of the blame bc he misses too many receivers, doesn't play with tempo, commits too many TOs & lacks situational awareness

If we don't turn the ball over we win by 14+

I can't trust him to not make a big mistake ATP

Off Playcalling is horrendous too

To be fair, Patricia has been calling solid games defensively...one bad play by a DB 2 wks in a row makes the def look pathetic...gotta clean that up

The offense is more concerning to me...too many TOs when we're about to put pts on the board...too many false starts...not enough commitment to the run in the RZ...no mismatches schemed...no motion to determine if def is in man or zone

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Yep.

It's becoming more and more apparent that Sirianni doesn't know what the fukk he's doing. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else and it's being shown that he's not.

Our play calling philosophy on both sides of the ball is beyond unacceptable. Glad the players are calling them out.
The rub is that a lot of the core philosophies being criticized have been in place since Nick got here. They don't use motion, they don't pass from under center, and they run almost exclusively out of shotgun. That was all the case when they got hot in 21, had a great offense that almost won a SB in 22, and even this season they've racked up yards and points inbetween all the friction.

It feels crazily similar to the Bills and Dorsey. They still had a really productive offense when he took over as OC but it was never quite as good as the high bar Daboll set, and the players knew it, and that ended with him getting canned as a result.

Steichen had been calling plays for 5 years before 2022, he developed a great feel for it but that didn't happen over night. I really don't wanna see a breh like BJ get fired but it's just starting to feel like that's the ultimatum Sirianni's gonna get forced into because of this win-now window and the pressure of championship expectations.