"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
After some thought, I think Jalen is in his own head

There was one clear instance I recall him getting the offense to the LOS w/ 15 secs and being able to scan the def pre-snap

He forced the ball to AJ way too much again when Devonta was cooking...how does Devonta get only 5 targets but AJ gets 11 :snoop:

That int was a bad decision & every game he makes at least one bad decision...cutting back inside at the end of the first half with no timeouts was another boneheaded play

Jalen gotta get out of his own head and consistently make good decisions.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
After some thought, I think Jalen is in his own head

There was one clear instance I recall him getting the offense to the LOS w/ 15 secs and being able to scan the def pre-snap

He forced the ball to AJ way too much again when Devonta was cooking...how does Devonta get only 5 targets but AJ gets 11 :snoop:

That int was a bad decision & every game he makes at least one bad decision...cutting back inside at the end of the first half with no timeouts was another boneheaded play

Jalen gotta get out of his own head and consistently make good decisions.
100% the play calling does him no favors either. They should be establishing a rhythm and giving him easy throws instead of immediately trying to take the top off the defense.

Nothing is more infuriating this season than a throw on first down

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
100% the play calling does him no favors either. They should be establishing a rhythm and giving him easy throws instead of immediately trying to take the top off the defense.

Nothing is more infuriating this season than a throw on first down

We should've run for 200+ yest but these coaches want to be pass happy...additionally, we don't need to throw so much in the red zone

A big issue for me is Jalen walking leisurely to the LOS and we're always racing to snap the ball before a delay of game...we need better tempo

We ran one good screen and we were constantly getting blitzed :snoop:

Most teams are happy scoring 33 but we are greatly underperforming...cut the TOs, play with tempo, run the ball, use play action off of the run game

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

Eagles end 3 game slide and take down GMen in NFC BEAST Christmas Thriller to advance to 11-4

GCR7wucWUAAkCcm

Jalen Hurts has 2 TD 300 yard Performance. Tyrod Taylor came off the bench cold while mounting a comeback including 65 yard TD

image1-4.jpg

Shaq Leonard shines in first Big Game with the Eagles.

*Eagles advance to 11-4. This is the first time since the 2003 and 2004 Eagles to win 11 games in back to back Seasons. Both teams advanced to the NFC Championship. The 2004 Team advanced to the Super Bowl.
*#1 NFC BEAST, #1 NFC SEED (Tied with 49ers, Lions), #2 RECORD IN THE NFL (tied with 49ers, Lions. Ravens #1)
PERFECT CHRISTMAS: Eagles are now 3-0 on Christmas Day. This is best Christmas Record in NFL History
*WINNING IS WHAT MATTERS MOST: Jalen Hurts wins his 5th Straight Game against the GMen. He's now 29-5 over his last 34 Regular Season Games. Jalen Hurts also passes Cam Newton's single season Rush TD Record for a QB with his 15 Rushing TD of the Season. Jalen is also in the verge of breaking Lesean McCoy's single season Rush TD Record.
*OFFENSE GOES OFF: AJ, Devonta, Goedert all have solid games with over 270 Combined Yards and TD. Swift also has the most Rushing Yards since Week 3.
DEFENSE IS IMPROVING: Though the score looked close, the Defense actually held the GMen to roughly 11 points. They scored 14 of turnovers. Shaq Leonard also did very well.
COVEY KILLIN EM: B. Covey once again shows his value with huge returns yards.
NEW YORK BLUES: The Giants have lost 11 straight games in Philadelphia and 17 of the their last 20 matchups. Eagles lead the series 93-87-2

AS THE NFC BEAST TURNS: The Boys lose back to back road games in nail biter to Dolphins fall to 10-5. Washington comes up short against the Jets and are out of Playoff Contention. After the Eagles Loss, The GMen are officially eliminated from Playoff Contention (Wild Card Berth last year)

Well I don't really care if it was one point. They just needed to end the slide and get back on the winning track. GMen went out swinging like they always do. I thought they fought hard and really didn't give up so they did pretty good this game. These battles aren't always blowouts. NFC BEAST games you have to throw the records out because anything can happen. I thought they did great the 1st half and then let the GMen back in the game the 2nd half. The Boston fumble and Hurts Pick 6 were on some fluky stuff but I'm glad they were able to respond after those mistakes. Jalen got the passing game going and the running game came alive in the 2nd half. After scoring less than 20 points for 3 straight games. The Eagles got back to normal with a 33 Point performance. Could have been much bigger if not for the mistakes. The Eagles Defense made Tommy Devito look like a rookie. Tyrod was much more mobile and really got the ball down field. Though he was coming off the bench cold I thought he did pretty good in the 2nd half. I felt the Defense played another solid game. It's slowly coming together. They really only gave up 11 points. Offense and Special Teams spotted them 14.

There was one mission to the game. Win and keep pace for the Division and #1 Seed. Look losing three games was hard. But this team is trying to overcome the Super Bowl Losers Curse and the NFC East Back To Back Champions Curse. It's not easy getting back to the Super bowl and with two games left they have chance to finish only one game behind last year record (14-3/13-4). But there's still two more games. Arizona and GMen are both eliminated for they won't be playing for the playoffs. The Eagles are already in but haven't locked up the Division yet. Another Cowboys loss and Eagles win basically ends the Division race. Again the Boys play much better at Home than on Road this year. They got the Lions coming in who just won the North for the first time since I was a teenager. 49ers slipped up last night against the Ravens so the Eagles are back in the #1 Seed Chase as well. They just need to win these final two games and a few other things happen. Everything is sitll on the table even after that losing streak because the Eagles won so much early in the Season. They stopped the bleeding with this Win. Overall it wasn't perfect but they got it done. The NFL got what they wanted, a horse race to the final two games. The #1 Seeds nor a few Divisions aren't locked up yet. But good job winning on Christmas (Eagles are undefeated on Christmas).

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
let's keep in mind we're in good shape if we can win these last two. there's a chance the lions slip up and the rams even help out in week 17. falling ass backwards into the one seed after a rough couple of weeks would be huge. because it's a whole new season once the playoffs start, and we just gotta get it right three times. much easier to do with a bye and home field advantage.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't want to see another game where Jalen is giving AJ 10+ targets

AJ, Devonta & Goedert should all be capped at 9 targets...spread the GD ball around

Devonta gives us 4-79 on only 5 targets and we still force the ball to AJ...enough is enough

Give Swift & Gainwell 15+ carries each...and spread the targets :snoop:

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I don't want to see another game where Jalen is giving AJ 10+ targets

AJ, Devonta & Goedert should all be capped at 9 targets...spread the GD ball around

Devonta gives us 4-79 on only 5 targets and we still force the ball to AJ...enough is enough

Give Swift & Gainwell 15+ carries each...and spread the targets :snoop:
Completely went away from Devonta in 2nd half. Julio only got one or two targets and none for OZ. It's ridiculous.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Completely went away from Devonta in 2nd half. Julio only got one or two targets and none for OZ. It's ridiculous.

Why do we put Julio in the slot and not Devonta???

Why don't we throw fades to mismatches in the RZ?

Why can't we run the ball from under C on 3rd & short instead of always running out of shotgun?

Why :sadcam:

CW99

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Why do we put Julio in the slot and not Devonta???

Why don't we throw fades to mismatches in the RZ?

Why can't we run the ball from under C on 3rd & short instead of always running out of shotgun?

Why :sadcam:
Bad Coaching is why these issues all go back to when Sirrianni first got here