July 23rd It's OVER...! Official Xbox Game Event Showcase Thread 8AM PT/ 11AM ET

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Nah, that's excuses lol. Saying "but my nikkas hitting me up for COD tho :mjcry:" is an excuse. Now it's nikkaz ain't taking care of they kids :wow:.

One of my other dudes is a grown ass man with I believe 3 kids? Dude games a lot but is an Xbox head and always playing NBA 2K or COD on the Xbox but when a PS4 exclusive drop he on there and most of the time beat em.

Saying they boring is cap :dead: Every game ain't the same. That says a lot about your taste breh lol. Same nikkas talking about SP games can't hold their attention be in Assassin's Creed thread talking "This shyt GOAT yo!" :mjlol:

:hubie: But hey that's you tho fam.
I’m not in either of those threads. I’m actually on chapter 3 of red dead right now. But I play in a Coli 2k league thru discord that anytime anybody someone is looking to run I turn red dead off and play a real person. shyts boring as fukk

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not in either of those threads. I’m actually on chapter 3 of red dead right now. But I play in a Coli 2k league thru discord that anytime anybody someone is looking to run I turn red dead off and play a real person. shyts boring as fukk
I tend to notice a few Xbox heads who parrot this "SP games :snooze:" rhetoric and they all say the same shyt. Another cat I won't name stay talking about "Lonely SP games". It's just a distraction.

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
@Fatboi1 I can't tell you how much I respect you for pulling up receipts.

I've been consistent and it's no cap.

I LIKED Mafia 3 but lost interest(I tend to do that w/ single player games)

But, my absolute love of Red Dead 2(it is now one of my top 3 GOATS, right there w/ Goldeneye & Zelda: Link to the Past) has me wanting to go back and restart Mafia 3 at some point and experience that world again. Other than Assassin's Creed: Origins, it is my favorite open world universe.

@Kamikaze Revy just reminded me...I tended to be bored by the gunplay of Mafia 3. I think I really liked the story so much that I would have probably rather rush through the story to enjoy it instead of being interrupted by shooting scenes. Which is weird for me.

It's crazy because I'd love this.

I hardly finished 100 hour games and other long single player games.

I'd love smaller bites at a time into single player and a continuous healthy multiplayer scene.

I understand why brehs who are big single player gamers would be hesitant, though.

Props on the thread.

If the experience is tauted as an amazing and must play single player experience yet a gamer, after the honeymoon stage of a new purchase, finds it a chore to complete the story...

Then the developers didn't do a good enough job in my opinion.

Of course if life gets in the way... That has no bearing on the game.

But if a game is GREAT yet before you've completed that story...other games are being picked over it... I'd argue the single player component is lacking something.

Props on the thread.

If the experience is tauted as an amazing and must play single player experience yet a gamer, after the honeymoon stage of a new purchase, finds it a chore to complete the story...

Then the developers didn't do a good enough job in my opinion.

Of course if life gets in the way... That has no bearing on the game.

But if a game is GREAT yet before you've completed that story...other games are being picked over it... I'd argue the single player component is lacking something.

What percentage of Read Dead 2 purchasers will be playing this game 3 months from now?

I'm legit interested in y'all thoughts. I'm conflicted on coping right now because I can't seem to stay interested enough to keep playing these epic single player games past the "honeymoon stage" and novelty. :wow:

By the way... Those games that I've previously put on a pedestal about how they restored my feeling for single player games?

Origins, RDR2, Mass Effect, shyt, even Jedi Fallen and Metro Exodus and Mafia 3...

Only RDR kept me actually tell the end and I only now realize I was still in the honeymoon stage...

One game has kept me..
It's Red Dead. :mjlol:

Look at my time playing games, though..I make time every night...and if my nikkas are on...which they tend to be...I'm looking for smoke against any nikka that challenges me in Gears to CoD to Mortal Kombat to For Honor...

No cap, breh.

Now...if you challenge me to...ugh... "Let's see who can finish level 3 of Last of Us without getting hit once!:gladbron:"

:pachaha:

shyt...maybe I'll fukk with it just off the strength of competition.

Otherwise... I'll play it for a couple days...and...oh shyt...someone sent me an invite...:jbhmm:...fukk this shyt. :skip:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Fatboi1 I can't tell you how much I respect you for pulling up receipts.

I've been consistent and it's no cap.

By the way... Those games that I've previously put on a pedestal about how they restored my feeling for single player games?

Origins, RDR2, Mass Effect, shyt, even Jedi Fallen and Metro Exodus and Mafia 3...

Only RDR kept me actually tell the end and I only now realize I was still in the honeymoon stage...

One game has kept me..
It's Red Dead. :mjlol:

Look at my time playing games, though..I make time every night...and if my nikkas are on...which they tend to be...I'm looking for smoke against any nikka that challenges me in Gears to CoD to Mortal Kombat to For Honor...

No cap, breh.

Now...if you challenge me to...ugh... "Let's see who can finish level 3 of Last of Us without getting hit once!:gladbron:"

:pachaha:

shyt...maybe I'll fukk with it just off the strength of competition.

Otherwise... I'll play it for a couple days...and...oh shyt...someone sent me an invite...:jbhmm:...fukk this shyt. :skip:
The problem with your analysis of "Keeping you engaged" is you automatically assume it means everyone who plays a MP title will be engaged and play it for months on end for hours a week when that's not true in most cases. Tons of MP title have huge player populations at the peak of their release and drop off within weeks.

Using myself, I got only 23 hours logged into Modern Warfare since it released... Level 57. That means 9 months in I've only put in 23 hours yet I put 28 hours into TLOU2 in about 2 weeks. My friend who just recently got into COD put 360 hours into COD... and also beat TLOU 2, AC Origins/Oddyssey and other SP games AND has an active social life with a child.
The notion that if you got boys online then SP games are a no-no is just anecdotal. He's always working, taking trips out the state and partying yet still put that much time into COD and other SP games. I got the info from COD Tracker - MW Stats, Warzone, BO4 Stats, Blackout Stats, Leaderboards, & More!

I'm most likely not going to play MW much more until the new COD releases. I also hop on Halo and Gears sometimes. Your gaming habit is indicative of playing with a crew in a particular game which would take most of your time. You not staying and beating a game to the end doesn't mean the game is at fault, that's just you. I start/stop games for various reasons and it doesn't have to mean the game was boring. I could be playing one game, play for a few hours and bam another game releases and I start that one and then mix that in with real life stuff and you create backlogs. Doesn't mean the game is wack and due to that games should be MP focused because you'll always be playing which isn't true. I just think a few of y'all have this "Me and my boys!" mentality with gaming mixed with a teaspoon(1/4 cup for some dudes :pachaha:) of fanboyism and just equate MP=MSFT and SP=Sony. You can still talk/engage with friends about a dope SP game just like you can with some movies or other things. I had friends growing up that all we played together was either 2K, NBA Street, Smash Bros and football games and yet we all still get into big "epic" adventure games.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The excuses y'all nikkas making for why you can't play sp titles is hilarious :deadmanny:

Don't got time but got hundreds of hours into call of duty or 2K.

Excuses because I know people with children, jobs and wives that still have time to put into various games including COD. Dudes platinumed God of War and Assassin's Creed and still reach high ranks in COD.
If anything, I personally dont have time for multiplayer games most of the time.

Gotta hit up some people and see if they wanna hop on or be free when someone hits me up to play. Not always convenient when u got kids and shyt, and results may vary playing solo. I can play single player games at my own pace whenever I have the time.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If anything, I personally dont have time for multiplayer games most of the time.

Gotta hit up some people and see if they wanna hop on or be free when someone hits me up to play. Not always convenient when u got kids and shyt, and results may vary playing solo. I can play single player games at my own pace whenever I have the time.
Yup. Playing at your own pace is something I forgot to add. With MP I have to be on at a specific time, play and do this etc. I've hardly ever played with people I know who wanted me to get on Destiny 2 or COD because I don't play games at specific times yet with SP I can just jump on and pause the game and leave whenever. With MP I can't really do that, I feel like I must dedicate a time.

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps

Yeah how do you not have time for single player, but can always schedule a squad of different people to play online :mjtf:

And if you’re not playing with friends, there are few games where playing with randoms is fun

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Ok i saw the conference it was about even with Sony’s nothing ground breaking but overall decent. It might take them a good year to really hit their stride, I don’t mind them having story games but one they showed didnt like good at all. They should just let Sony have that lane since they are more likely to do those. If that shooter and rpg game were TPS I’d be happy with that. Xbox gonna be fine but they just gotta have those exclusives that really show the system power. Whatever new gears coming might be able to do that

Edit: Grounded looked better should be a fun game

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
The excuses y'all nikkas making for why you can't play sp titles is hilarious :deadmanny:

Don't got time but got hundreds of hours into call of duty or 2K.

Excuses because I know people with children, jobs and wives that still have time to put into various games including COD. Dudes platinumed God of War and Assassin's Creed and still reach high ranks in COD.
My homie got an infant and just knocked out Divinity 2. When he's not on that, he's playing Tekken 7 and DBZF.

shyt's doable. :yeshrug:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
The problem with your analysis of "Keeping you engaged" is you automatically assume it means everyone who plays a MP title will be engaged and play it for months on end for hours a week when that's not true in most cases. Tons of MP title have huge player populations at the peak of their release and drop off within weeks.

Using myself, I got only 23 hours logged into Modern Warfare since it released... Level 57. That means 9 months in I've only put in 23 hours yet I put 28 hours into TLOU2 in about 2 weeks. My friend who just recently got into COD put 360 hours into COD... and also beat TLOU 2, AC Origins/Oddyssey and other SP games AND has an active social life with a child.
The notion that if you got boys online then SP games are a no-no is just anecdotal. He's always working, taking trips out the state and partying yet still put that much time into COD and other SP games. I got the info from COD Tracker - MW Stats, Warzone, BO4 Stats, Blackout Stats, Leaderboards, & More!

I'm most likely not going to play MW much more until the new COD releases. I also hop on Halo and Gears sometimes. Your gaming habit is indicative of playing with a crew in a particular game which would take most of your time. You not staying and beating a game to the end doesn't mean the game is at fault, that's just you. I start/stop games for various reasons and it doesn't have to mean the game was boring. I could be playing one game, play for a few hours and bam another game releases and I start that one and then mix that in with real life stuff and you create backlogs. Doesn't mean the game is wack and due to that games should be MP focused because you'll always be playing which isn't true. I just think a few of y'all have this "Me and my boys!" mentality with gaming mixed with a teaspoon(1/4 cup for some dudes :pachaha:) of fanboyism and just equate MP=MSFT and SP=Sony. You can still talk/engage with friends about a dope SP game just like you can with some movies or other things. I had friends growing up that all we played together was either 2K, NBA Street, Smash Bros and football games and yet we all still get into big "epic" adventure games.
You're absolutely right.

I'm in this thread and I'm justifying my purchase...with no cap. I'm giving you my preference.

Other nikkas are in this thread to strictly try to troll nikkas into feeling a type of way about their purchase.

You're going to get people on a forum defending their purchase and the reasons why they are happy with it(or future purchases.) That's not fanboyism.

I'm struggling to understand a grown man's intention to constantly repeat the same troll shyt over and over?

-----

With respect to time... I'm saying - as shown by my RDR2 - I do have time. I choose to do the most exciting and enjoyable type of gaming with that time... Play against competition.

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
The Monumental L that Microsoft just took is baffling:francis: they had all the time and even some hype with having the "more powerful" system and completely failed to deliver.. but let me guess, we now have to wait til August:scust:.. Sony is literally playing puppet master with Microsoft at this point.:mjcry: