Jujutsu Kaisen MANGA SPOILERS Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Still don't get what your point is, you think Mappa is gonna run more episodes than two cours for Culling Games? Less episodes? I don't see them making any JJK arc shorter than 24 episodes, they are gonna milk it as much as possible.

The main reason I don't see them being ridiculously greedy and making GC even longer than 2 cours is because Culling Games has no resolution and there's no "ending" point for a season 3 except for Sukuna taking Megumi's body :dame: or Gojo coming back.
the point isn't hard to see or some wild stretch at all. the same way that they shortened sequences in the anime so far to expand on other stuff, they're likely going to continue to do again - and with gege being upfront about culling games whiffing, its very likely to be what ends up being altered.

for example - literally no one anywhere argued for shortening sukuna screen time to make sure that mechamaru got his full time allotted :unimpressed:

if gege wasn't serious about it, why would mappa be? especially with how they've taken winning liberties already? they can put that time into a whole non-canon movie instead lol

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
the point isn't hard to see or some wild stretch at all. the same way that they shortened sequences in the anime so far to expand on other stuff, they're likely going to continue to do again - and with gege being upfront about culling games whiffing, its very likely to be what ends up being altered.

for example - literally no one anywhere argued for shortening sukuna screen time to make sure that mechamaru got his full time allotted :unimpressed:

if gege wasn't serious about it, why would mappa be? especially with how they've taken winning liberties already? they can put that time into a whole non-canon movie instead lol
There's not doubt they are going to change the arc to make it fit better for the anime. I don't think anyone believes nor wants a 1 to 1 adaptation.

It is hard to see your point when I said Mappa would do 2 cours of CG, which you responded with a :mjlol: emoji and after 3 replies I still don't know if you meant that the CG arc will be animated in less than 2 cours or not :dead:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
There's not doubt they are going to change the arc to make it fit better for the anime. I don't think anyone believes nor wants a 1 to 1 adaptation.

It is hard to see your point when I said Mappa would do 2 cours of CG, which you responded with a :mjlol: emoji and after 3 replies I still don't know if you meant that the CG arc will be animated in less than 2 cours or not :dead:
why do some of yal argue to argue

this is literally you rn

"there's no doubt they are going to change the arc to make it fit better for the anime"
also
"its hard to see your point"

like holy fukk what are you even defending :laff:

why waste 2 cours on shyt the author isn't sold on when they could be rolling out non-canon movies and OVAs for free bags like every other major SJ IP? good lord

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
why do some of yal argue to argue

this is literally you rn

"there's no doubt they are going to change the arc to make it fit better for the anime"
also
"its hard to see your point"

like holy fukk what are you even defending :laff:

why waste 2 cours on shyt the author isn't sold on when they could be rolling out non-canon movies and OVAs like every other major SJ IP? good lord
Because Mappa will want to milk the franchise for as long as possible :dwillhuh:

Even if we all want and know that Mappa will change and fast forward through a lot of CG, I don't see why or how as an anime studio they would make shyt shorter than 24-26 episodes. Why you acting like they wouldn't or can't make it that many episodes even by changing shyt is confusing but aight :manny:

EDIT: I guess I should've written "CG + all the prior stuff" as 2 cours but I thought that was implied.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
When will ya'll realize these long running animes/mangas will always always always at best end mid and often end like shyt? These shyts end of the day are not to be some GOT masterworks, its to sell merch. Why you think OP is still going? because ODA is some generational writer that is going to wrap up his convoluted trash story snugly :mjlol: naw he running up the check and I can't blame him.

Most mangakas are actually not good writers. character design, world building, powers etc. excellent. But as far as compelling writing that makes sense? this is not their forte. Its very rare for anything going over 50 episodes or so to have any sort of believable resolution. Or you get shyt like code geass that was a complete cluster and had a good ending. never both.
Being a weekly mangaka is just unsustainable for great storytelling. Like with JJK and MHA they got popular with a shytty foundation for their power system and things just kept getting worse and worse as these two series played out. Then we got cases like CSM where it isn't as deep as the fanbase makes it out to believe. Still solid, but not some masterpiece.

Dandadan & SakaDays are what more jump series should strive to be. Basically, simple in the right ways. Content that is relatable and well executed. Dandadan you can easily empathize with the cast and SakaDays being what you would want out of a Battle Manga.

Great weekly stories will NEVER be found in modern mainstream manga form. Frieren is easily one of the best new manga, but it ain't really a weekly series. It started being published on 04/28/2020 and this is for 226 weeks, but only 132 chapters are out. It is more so the point it is difficult to create great stories. Furthermore, it was literally on hiatus for half of its lifetime.

Niche or Monthly series is where you will find the best stuff in the medium. Akane-banashi and Elusive Samurai are easily the two most well-written series in jump now. But you think these stories appeal to the mainstream crowd? fukk no. They will remain niche and more often then not they will go under everyone's nose. Again a more SoL story can be well done, but again that doesn't appeal to the crowd either. Monthly series are typical given better care, but their slow release schedule makes it feel like it will be forever for them to reach their end.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yall read it, yall will watch it too :mjlol:
Outside of

• Maki Arc
  • Hakari fukkery
  • Gojo vs Sukuna
There isn't much else after Shibuya that I really care to see. Kenny vs Yuki might would be cool to check out. Though seeing all the potential in Yuki's die again would be depressing to see.

Seeing anime-onlies reaction to Yuta-Gojo will be fun tho.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
image.png

JJK leaks moving to Bachi is funny. Haven't read since the first arc ended.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
the angel character and tsumiki should have been fused. that would have allowed her to not die immediately and actually get character interactions with megumi and have some autonomy as a character.

Angel would be the same but in order for tsumiki to die they'd get into an isolated fight with sukuna and ultimately reincarnate like sukuna did to heal and continue fighting then megumi finally gets there and blah, blah, blah

that would fix that portion of the story, but as for the rest of it I don't care to try to come up with ways to salvage it. at least with this though we wouldn't have cliche story moving characters like hana and the character that ended up reincarnating in tsumiki

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I'd love to know what was Angel's original purpose because she was completely useless. We even got that bizarre and out of nowhere panel of her "falling in love" with Megumi when she was a kid, and for what? :dead:
she was strictly a plot device like the random two guys that helped maki train mid fight :skip:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
What did Yuji's domain even do?
Gave him some peaceful and alone time with Sukuna :ld: :dame:

But it did what every DE is meant to do, a surefire hit. What I don't understand is that if the final blow (with the assist of Nobara) was part of the DE or that shyt happened once Yuji's domain was done.

We'll never know though :mjlol: