Jujutsu Kaisen MANGA SPOILERS Thread

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I just want Nobara back...is she confirmed dead?
Not confirmed but heavily implied. At this point it would feel cheap that she's legit dead. Waiting so much time to just say "she couldn't make it" would be weird as fukk so we should expect a surprise return at some point. Might not be on this arc though :mjlol:

Last edited:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
publishers made the call :mjlol:
this is why manga artists find it so hard to strike a balance between developing their side characters.

naruto is a famous example, kishimoto gives backstory, development, and character moments to like 7 different supporting characters everyone falls in love with them, and then all of em get dropped for the naruto and sasuke show in shippuden

ever since shibuya based on how he's been writing it this dude has got a four way timeshare between yuta, maki, yuji, and megumi :picard:

not to mention hakari and panda got sprinkled in. I personally liked it, but even for me put all together he probably spent a little too much time away from the central narrative.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Someone was saying that in early drafts of the story Yuta was supposed to be the main character. I think he did JJK 0 first? idk.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
this is why manga artists find it so hard to strike a balance between developing their side characters.

naruto is a famous example, kishimoto gives backstory, development, and character moments to like 7 different supporting characters everyone falls in love with them, and then all of em get dropped for the naruto and sasuke show in shippuden

ever since shibuya based on how he's been writing it this dude has got a four way timeshare between yuta, maki, yuji, and megumi :picard:

not to mention hakari and panda got sprinkled in. I personally liked it, but even for me put all together he probably spent a little too much time away from the central narrative.
too many side characters on top of side characters that got dropped COLD after shibuya man.

this was quickly turning into some MHA shyt - and SJ isn't trying to see another property get derailed by its own creator again.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
too many side characters on top of side characters that got dropped COLD after shibuya man.

this was quickly turning into some MHA shyt - and SJ isn't trying to see another property get derailed by its own creator again.
You always take it too damn far just to prove your point breh :russ:

Last edited:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps

What's wild too is last year iirc, Gege even said he's not trying to do this shyt forever. I think he said he only wanted to do it for another 2 or 3 years, something like that. That we were coming in on the end.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You always take it too damn just to prove your point breh :russ:
am i wrong? i like jjk but lets be real - shibuya left a LOT of characters that had previously seen development and visibility up in limbo. and after shibuya? we've had multiple chapters go to some random dude megumi met, prosecutor pro, receipt chief, invisible thot, big hair cannon brandon, roulette mangaka man, bug bob, etc.

this was a mess. gege put filler into his own work completely unprompted :manny: ain't like im tripping either. yal see gege clearly got the memo from management

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
am i wrong? i like jjk but lets be real - shibuya left a LOT of characters that had previously seen development and visibility up in limbo. and after shibuya? we've had multiple chapters go to some random dude megumi met, prosecutor pro, receipt chief, invisible thot, big hair cannon brandon, roulette mangaka man, bug bob, etc.

this was a mess. gege put filler into his own work completely unprompted :manny: ain't like im tripping either. yal see gege clearly got the memo from management
We've had this combo before. I get not liking the last 20 or so chapters as they were stretching shyt out too much. But it has not been "quickly turning in to MHA shyt" :heh:

From the moment the Culling Games were announced it was clear as day we were going to get a ton of fights and new sorcerers/curses, specially because Shibuya took out more than half the characters we were introduced in the first place. The only ones we haven't gotten an update are Todou and Nobara.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
We've had this combo before. I get not liking the last 20 or so chapters as they were stretching shyt out too much. But it has not been "quickly turning in to MHA shyt" :heh:

From the moment the Culling Games were announced it was clear as day we were going to get a ton of fights and new sorcerers/curses, specially because Shibuya took out more than half the characters we were introduced in the first place. The only ones we haven't gotten an update are Todou and Nobara.
who all was in shibuya :comeon: the list is longer than you think

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

your right he left the door open for nobara to come back, but it's been so long im kinda skeptical on how well he can reintegrate her if he chooses to. Todo is mia, he teased the blue hair girl a whole mini arc ago.

though I can kind of see the setup from this chapter. theyve been stacking wins and allies since the culling games started. However all of them have different motivations and likely a big clash of ideology is gonna come from it.

yuta spared 2 reincarnated players, maki is allied with two reincarnated players, hakari allied with kashimo who wants to fight sukuna, and yuji/megumi have allied with angel who wants to kill reincarnated players and sukuna

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
your right he left the door open for nobara to come back, but it's been so long im kinda skeptical on how well he can reintegrate her if he chooses to. Todo is mia, he teased the blue hair girl a whole mini arc ago.

though I can kind of see the setup from this chapter. theyve been stacking wins and allies since the culling games started. However all of them have different motivations and likely a big clash of ideology is gonna come from it.

yuta spared 2 reincarnated players, maki is allied with two reincarnated players, hakari allied with kashimo who wants to fight sukuna, and yuji/megumi have allied with angel who wants to kill reincarnated players and sukuna
Choso gonna come through at the last possible moment to save his little brother :wow: :mjcry:

I'm also half expecting the chick who is the vessel of Angel to get mindfukked by Yuji and believe Itadori is her long lost lover and create more fukkery around Angel wanting to kill Sukuna :mjlol: