JRPGS Being Dead Appreciation

Daps
Why you using hyperbole like that?:stopitslime: seriously what are you doing?:what:

The problem with "cinematic" games is that they play themselves and take the fun out of things. Remember when you had a timer and had to escape the base before it blows, Yeah it's a cut-scene now, complete with shaky camera.
How about when you used to fight the boss? Nope it's a cut-scene and the boss kills himself:rudy: with shaky camera.
Oh what about platforming? I don't even enjoy plat-formers yet i beat Super Mario World and Super Mario 64:myman:
Today you walk to an edge and press the action button for a cut-scene of the small ass jump:dahell: For real why even bother putting that in the game:why: It's like the devs had no faith in you or some shyt:beli: oh yeah theirs shaky cam during the jump:aicmon:
you ain't lie about the shaky camera shyt:myman:

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
Nikkas making sales as their point for measure of a great game. :mjlol:
Just Dance sold better than any WRPGs out there. It must be a masterpiece. :troll:

That's like saying Souljah Boi is a great artist because he sold millions.

Daps
Funny comparing WRPGs to JRPGs when they both borrow so heavily from each other. You can find the same conventions on both sides easily

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Only JRPG's I ever f***ed with is Legend of Dragoon, Shining Force, Pokemon, and the goat Phantasy Star Online :wow:

I remember having a subscription for PSU and playing that s*** heavy on the 360 :wow:

These Japs need to quit playing and make a complete US release for PSU: 2 :francis:

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
why call it a game?? I didn't know games weren't supposed to be one way. Games evolve. Did you shun TLOU because it had lots of texts?? Was Metal Gear Solid not a game?? How about Shenmue?? Shenmue is "gamey" as hell yet it has tons of those things you claim take away from games.

Minecraft is a game that has a certain appeal. I don't really like creating levels in games and building stuff. I just want to play.

I never played Shen Mue. I had a dreamcast at the time, but I didn't get the appeal.

Metal gear solid was good for one play through. I never played it again. Same for MGS2. I never played any Metal Gear solid game after 2 because I was disappointed with the cinematic motif and direction of 2.

As for minecraft...
you are playing a game in minecraft survival mode. The overall objective is to survive the night and find resources to create shelter, food an entertainment.

However, You create your OWN goals an objectives to push the game forward. It's pure freedom.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never played Shen Mue. I had a dreamcast at the time, but I didn't get the appeal.

Metal gear solid was good for one play through. I never played it again. Same for MGS2. I never played any Metal Gear solid game after 2 because I was disappointed with the cinematic motif and direction of 2.
:stopitslime: Please. I played though MGS1's DEMO like a hundred times. That game is so replayable.
As for minecraft...
you are playing a game in minecraft survival mode. The overall objective is to survive the night and find resources to create shelter, food an entertainment.

However, You create your OWN goals an objectives to push the game forward. It's pure freedom.
Yeah... no thanks. I don't play games for that reason. You're basically stating your preference and wanting others to be the same way. I like variety. I do not want every game to be fallout or Minecraft.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Different people wanna play different games. Your personal taste is just that You seem to have this believe that games should only cater to you and your taste. That's not the way the world works. I don't like Hockey or Nascar but you won't here me ranting they shouldn't exist because I'm not into them.

I get that. I really like Manic shmups. Very few so called "hardcore" gamers like those games because of the direction that modern games have taken (cinematics, cut-scenes, hand holding, reduced difficulty, save points).

I don't go around calling out COD as dudebro or saying Gears is too masculine like Neogaf and the Atlus legion. I don't hate things just because they are popular. COD multiplayer is fun.

I do care about how well
Japanese cinematic games perform because if they perform too well, the market will be flooded with games that I hate. It's like...Why make games with world maps and complex level designs when FF13 has none and still is a success? It's dangerous.

This is why mobile and FTP PC games are taking over. They are actual games. And thank god or that. the people are tired of triple A cut-scene driven "hardcore" games.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Linear is aight in some situations, but I could not explain to my wife why theres so many fakkits and scantily clad teenagers dancing around and moaning on my screen. Japan is one fukked up country

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is why mobile and FTP PC games are taking over. They are actual games. And thank god or that. the people are tired of triple A cut-scene driven "hardcore" games.
No they're taking over because the hardware penetration is high, the development cost is low, and the profit margins are high.

Hardcore gaming is a somewhat niche market. There are a few game series that break into the mainstream but that's about it. Anybody with an Android or iOS phone can download a free mobile game and get nickled and dimed on upgrade in app purchases. It wasn't a piece of hardware they purchased for the specific point of playing games. Not everybody is willing to go out and purchase dedicated gaming hardware and pay $60 a pop for games.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real shyt, I don't fukk arpgs at all. For some reason they just don't catch my interest like jrpgs do.

And I feel like jrpgs are making a comeback. FFXV, two Tales games, Star Ocean 5, FF7 Remake, etc. :blessed: I'm copping all that shyt.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Real shyt, I don't fukk arpgs at all. For some reason they just don't catch my interest like jrpgs do.

And I feel like jrpgs are making a comeback. FFXV, two Tales games, Star Ocean 5, FF7 Remake, etc. :blessed: I'm copping all that shyt.

Rumor going around that a remake(or remaster) of Final Fantasy 12 is coming.:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The lack of diversity, and so many games morphing into this open-world sandbox is what's ruining gaming for me. Thank God there are indies there to keep the diversity present.
"Open world" simply doesn't work for everything. There's still a place for linear games.

Lost His Smile

Stop Existing.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 12th Dimension
:rudy:

Its more of a tactical RPG, but after checking my phone I opened the 3DSXL and played around with FE:Awakening.

:camby: I dont care about the differences between the two genres; I just prefer JRPGs since thats what I mostly played when I was younger and just grew accustomed the style.

Randoug

Superstar
Daps
No more of them purple haired fakkits with 10 feet long swords :blessed:

Actual original ideas in my RPGs from the west like Fallout :blessed:

No more linear storyline from those fakkits :blessed:
nikka you from Dominica? :lupe:

Fellow Commonwealth of Dominica native:salute: