Jonathan Majors was arrested in New York City this weekend | UPDATE: Majors has been found Guilty, Fired from Marvel - Magazine Dreams drops Q1 2025

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: breh... being white trumps being an A lister. This is America.
I think if you put Denzel in this same situation, he'd continue to get some work because he was an established A-List actor for decades going in, but he'd get treated worse than Depp.

I think once you reach that level all they care about is money when it comes to the movies, it will be interesting to me to see how much $$$ depp's first big movie makes after all of his scandals because there is definitely a loud audience that hate him forever despite what came out in court, but studios have still courted him, even Disney wanted him back.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:mjlol: breh... being white trumps being an A lister. This is America.

You’re kind of right people forget that Depp actually LOST his case in the UK against her and some paparazzi paper but he got here in the US and they gave him the W.

Complexion For The Protection in America is undefeated

I truly think Johnny Depp being a major a-list actor matters more than being white in his case. if he was the dude who played dwight on the office or some shyt his career would be over.

Being A list definitely helped but being White is the ULTIMATE cheat code.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You’re kind of right people forget that Depp actually LOST his case in the UK against her and some paparazzi paper but he got here in the US and they gave him the W.

Complexion For The Protection in America is undefeated

Being A list definitely helped but being White is the ULTIMATE cheat code.
yall probably right

the point i was trying to make was just that Majors was on his way to becoming an established A-List actor whereas Depp already has it in his back pocket.

so it's hard to put the cases 1:1 but the abuse shyt reminds me exactly (although actually less extreme on both sides) of the Depp one. both parties are clearly at fault and that's why I think Majors will be found not guilty. but due to being black and also not being that established, his career as a major actor is gonna be effectively over even if he's found not guilty.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
yall probably right

the point i was trying to make was just that Majors was on his way to becoming an established A-List actor whereas Depp already has it in his back pocket.

so it's hard to put the cases 1:1 but the abuse shyt reminds me exactly (although actually less extreme on both sides) of the Depp one. both parties are clearly at fault and that's why I think Majors will be found not guilty. but due to being black and also not being that established, his career as a major actor is gonna be effectively over even if he's found not guilty.

Your point isn’t wrong

All we’re saying is that being white trumps everything, Depp being A list and so beloved in America just makes it easier for him to get back on the proverbial bike AFTER he won the case. That and the fact there was so much evidence against Amber Heard even the staunchest feminists were floundering to come up with scenarios to support her.

Matter of fact if this were the exact same situation involving Heard chasing Depp down a New York street it would have NEVER went to trial. Charges wouldn’t have ever been filed

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Black men crying in court is never a good look

Remember Albert Wilson?

19-0110_Wilson-file.jpg

I'm glad he shyt got overturned

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
I’m actually curious to see where his career. Is going to end up after this case. I doubt he’s in good with black Hollywood. Other than Michael B Jordan but I could be wrong.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your point isn’t wrong

All we’re saying is that being white trumps everything, Depp being A list and so beloved in America just makes it easier for him to get back on the proverbial bike AFTER he won the case. That and the fact there was so much evidence against Amber Heard even the staunchest feminists were floundering to come up with scenarios to support her.

Matter of fact if this were the exact same situation involving Heard chasing Depp down a New York street it would have NEVER went to trial. Charges wouldn’t have ever been filed
good points, especially the bolded.

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
Curious why the DA didnt seek charges against Jabbari who was chasing a man for 5+ blocks? What if he was hit by a car while fleeing for his life? :troll:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
confirmed today? they can't delay deliberation?

The process started yesterday, the jury asked to hear the 911 call again, watch the chase video again, I think in slow motion, etc.

So this would be the first full day. They've already done all of the above, and are back to deliberating since around an hour ago.

Fred.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I just found out that the jury only has one black person on it. :francis:

Screenshot-20231212-181218.png

You know this juror is black. Not a doubt in my mind :wow:

32E80F2900000578-3526670-image-a-77_1459977502315.jpg

Curious why the DA didnt seek charges against Jabbari who was chasing a man for 5+ blocks? What if he was hit by a car while fleeing for his life? :troll:

Nah, if anything they gon try to get him for reckless endangerment for that Bourne-esque "escape" he made that had that PAWG crossing a street with live traffic. She coulda easily been clipped by that oncoming car. We know good and god-damn well what that devious ass nikka was tryna do :damn:

But for real though, would it surprise you at all if the prosecution tried to argue that s*** or if the white jurors felt that way? "Oh, he knew what he was doing. He was sober. He knew she was inebriated and on sleeping pills. He led her into a death trap to preserve his burgeoning career:damn:"

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I’m actually curious to see where his career. Is going to end up after this case. I doubt he’s in good with black Hollywood. Other than Michael B Jordan but I could be wrong.

If he’s found not guilty AND Disney keeps him on as Kang then in a few years with IMPECCABLE behavior he’ll be fine and on pace for a comeback into the good graces of the mainstream

If he’s found Not Guilty but Disney drops him as Kang his ceiling is working character actor in smaller indie films and maybe some television. In a few years he may work his way up to mid-budget films as the 4th or 5th lead but he’ll NEVER make it back to the leading man trajectory he was on before this entire mess

If he’s found Guilty its a wrap. I can only see him getting work in low-budget streaming only films.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I think shyt is timing and how well Magazine Dreams does. It was pose to release around this time, but was pulled, probably mostly due to the allegations. Even if Disney drops him from Kang but releases Magazine Dreams and Majors is critically acclaimed in it, he could be ok. That's assuming he is not guilty on all charges.

I wouldnt be surprised if he gets not guilty, and Disney still waits to see the public response to Magazine Dreams before making a decision on him as Kang.