Jonathan Majors was arrested in New York City this weekend | UPDATE: Majors has been found Guilty, Fired from Marvel - Magazine Dreams drops Q1 2025

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think shyt is timing and how well Magazine Dreams does. It was pose to release around this time, but was pulled, probably mostly due to the allegations. Even if Disney drops him from Kang but releases Magazine Dreams and Majors is critically acclaimed in it, he could be ok. That's assuming he is not guilty on all charges.

I wouldnt be surprised if he gets not guilty, and Disney still waits to see the public response to Magazine Dreams before making a decision on him as Kang.

There are already mainstream publications calling for his proverbial head on a platter. Magazine Dreams is an indie movie that was being bolstered by Major’s rising star, not the other way around. If Disney drops him then they’ll be no buffer whatsoever for him and the response to Magazine Dreams, be it positive or negative won’t help him because it was never a movie that was going to make noise off of its own merits to begin with.

I hate with all my heart to say this, but his career as a mainstream actor literally rests in Disney’s hands. If they keep him on then there’s at least 3-4 movies in which audiences will “have” to watch him and how good he is, root for him, root against him. His path to public “redemption” will be laid out for him.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
There are already mainstream publications calling for his proverbial head on a platter. Magazine Dreams is an indie movie that was being bolstered by Major’s rising star, not the other way around. If Disney drops him then they’ll be no buffer whatsoever for him and the response to Magazine Dreams, be it positive or negative won’t help him because it was never a movie that was going to make noise off of its own merits to begin with.

I hate with all my heart to say this, but his career as a mainstream actor literally rests in Disney’s hands. If they keep him on then there’s at least 3-4 movies in which audiences will “have” to watch him and how good he is, root for him, root against him. His path to public “redemption” will be laid out for him.
The reason I mentioned Magazine Dreams in connection with Disney is because Disney owns Searchlight, which is putting out Magazine Dreams. This is why I mentioned they may try to use Magazine Dreams as a "tester" to see if they can continue with Majors. If he is able to deliver a performance that is critically acclaimed, those same publications will change their tune, especially if he found not guilty on all charges.

Im not disputing that his career isnt in Disney's hands.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
If he’s found not guilty AND Disney keeps him on as Kang then in a few years with IMPECCABLE behavior he’ll be fine and on pace for a comeback into the good graces of the mainstream

If he’s found Not Guilty but Disney drops him as Kang his ceiling is working character actor in smaller indie films and maybe some television. In a few years he may work his way up to mid-budget films as the 4th or 5th lead but he’ll NEVER make it back to the leading man trajectory he was on before this entire mess

If he’s found Guilty its a wrap. I can only see him getting work in low-budget streaming only films.
Damn. My man gonna be on Tubi?

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he’s found not guilty AND Disney keeps him on as Kang then in a few years with IMPECCABLE behavior he’ll be fine and on pace for a comeback into the good graces of the mainstream

If he’s found Not Guilty but Disney drops him as Kang his ceiling is working character actor in smaller indie films and maybe some television. In a few years he may work his way up to mid-budget films as the 4th or 5th lead but he’ll NEVER make it back to the leading man trajectory he was on before this entire mess

If he’s found Guilty its a wrap. I can only see him getting work in low-budget streaming only films.

White bish really put his career in jeopardy because she got dropped. I done had some horrid girlfriends and I still wouldn’t have messed over their lives like that.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
We shouldn't be surprised he is a pawger. They always have a look:
ezgif-1-d0c92b6453-png.5399216

ezgif-1-d640e462fb-png.5399219

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
We shouldn't be surprised he is a pawger. They always have a look:
ezgif-1-d0c92b6453-png.5399216

ezgif-1-d640e462fb-png.5399219
It’s the quintessential story :yeshrug:

He “blossomed” later in life and is dealing with a new level of attention. If he was looking like he was in Creed3 back in undergrad he’d be juggling the ladies a little better. Because this is a RIDICULOUS situation that didn’t need to go this far.

Even the audio telling the white girl to straighten up. You don’t do that! You just observe ppl and if they are acting a fool you put them in a certain category and keep it moving. No game whatsoever.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just found out that the jury only has one black person on it. :francis:

And thats all we will need

35ba54430a7c5e4fa0d07ed7dbf635bbd6a60f87.gif

I dont think yall understand how much bigger hes going to be after he beats these charges. Matter of fact he might ask the judge to give em six months in prison just so he can have the streets locked too:wow:

This is a modern day witchhunt,black men will obviously support him. He will go on a few talk shows with Megan Goode,and black women will forgive his betrayl. I 100% guarantee a standing ovation at either the Oscars or the BET awards. Wont promise the Oscars for obvious reasons. And I dont know if hes ever been invited to the BET awards,but he probably going this year:salute:

Daps
It’s the quintessential story :yeshrug:

He “blossomed” later in life and is dealing with a new level of attention. If he was looking like he was in Creed3 back in undergrad he’d be juggling the ladies a little better. Because this is a RIDICULOUS situation that didn’t need to go this far.

Even the audio telling the white girl to straighten up. You don’t do that! You just observe ppl and if they are acting a fool you put them in a certain category and keep it moving. No game whatsoever.

You're right, but I commend him for trying to stay with the woman who "held him down" before he started to seriously blow up.

I think as a woman, you don't comprehend the fact that when men are on that level, gold diggers is a real thing that you have to worry about. I'm in the 6 figure bracket, and I have to keep that in mind.

I had women begging me for money before I got into this tax bracket. I definitely gotta vet them now. It's much easier to stay with the woman that you know isn't there for the money. She can be a problem too, but at least you'll know that wasn't the determining factor for her choosing to be with you.