Jonathan Majors was arrested in New York City this weekend | UPDATE: Majors has been found Guilty, Fired from Marvel - Magazine Dreams drops Q1 2025

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
In the Era thread, now that the video came out it's "The texts from 2022 still paint him as abusive, also the THR expose and all them ppl came out" :stopitslime:
I question how many of them are black.

If you're a black man living around white people, you would just understand why a brother wouldn't want the police around a bruised white women.

It's white people that don't understand this because they're used to be given the benefit of the doubt.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Yeah man it's sick and I'm seeing black folks on social media saying this.

It's sad that we not only have to face pitchforks from white folks and everyone else but also from our own.

Say what you want, but white folks, Asians, Mexicans and everybody else covers their people. They might face criticism from everywhere else but when it comes down to it, unless it's just so far out and egregious that it's impossible to defend (which this case isn't), other races shield their own.

Not us though. We're the first ones with the pitchforks out when it's one of ours.
A lot of that stuff is working as designed. Putting the Black Women against Black Men. Like that Cheyenne chick that's covering the Majors trial. She is obviously rooting against Majors instead of the truth. When she made a tweet summarizing the evidence she only mentioned the video showed "majors forcing Jabari into the car" omitting the fact that it shows Majors running away from Jabari while she chased him :stopitslime:

Also ppl using the text msgs to caste judgment when looking at the pic a lot of shyt in that text block is redacted. No telling what she saying in that msg. She could be saying she caused her own injuries and he trying to stop her from going to the hospitable because it would be a bad look for him to be with a drunk who hurts herself or it would look like DV :manny:

I seen something floating around that Jabari testified that Majors never put his hands on her until the incident in March. Is there a tweet or something with more? Thinking about posting it in that Era thread :youngsabo:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

If you're a black man living around white people, you would just understand why a brother wouldn't want the police around a bruised white women.

It's white people that don't understand this because they're used to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Majority of them are non black. Most are probably white. Someone posted this in the thread
acd4f2616c9bd8cf3138d115d4533ddf.png

A few of the black posters quoted it in agreement. Of course you had some that went the "we just want justice"
f9edd2c3eae45ed42febfcb76f7a9913.png

Like there is no history of abuse. The texts are heavily redacted. The rolling stone shyt seems to have been a lie (Have any of those women testified?).
Also the two idiots that posted on twitter talking about "Majors had a history of doing this in the NYC theater scene" walked that shyt back and said they have no knowledge of him being physically abusive.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The prosecution knew they didn't have a criminal conviction, but tarnishing him in the court of public opinion was the goal, hence them bringing up shyt from 2022.

If he is found not guilty, they did the job of convincing people (that were already looking for a reason to hate him mind you) that he's a narcissistic, abusive, arrogant and mean person, and he may very well be. But on that night, there is no evidence showing that he hit her THAT NIGHT.
They brought it up because they were trying to prove he had a record of doing that. It just isn’t playing out that way in public opinion with the video.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
i still can't believe how average she was :dead: like all this.... for THAT? there's the cry for help right there
I mean, he was average until like a year or 2 ago

First noticed him in that shytty Lovecraft Show on HBO.. he blew up after that. Got in better shape, higher profile movies/shows, etc

Was probably a struggling actor until then

Daps
The prosecution knew they didn't have a criminal conviction, but tarnishing him in the court of public opinion was the goal, hence them bringing up shyt from 2022.

If he is found not guilty, they did the job of convincing people (that were already looking for a reason to hate him mind you) that he's a narcissistic, abusive, arrogant and mean person, and he may very well be. But on that night, there is no evidence showing that he hit her THAT NIGHT.

This doesn't matter in a court of law though. Ruining Majors reputation but losing a case doesn't do anything for the DA office. In fact it hurts them to bring this case if they lose it.

Daps

It's literally that simple.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
This doesn't matter in a court of law though. Ruining Majors reputation but losing a case doesn't do anything for the DA office. In fact it hurts them to bring this case if they lose it.
This is true. It's more of a side effect. From everything I've seen, they shouldn't have even tried this case. They don't have footage or eyewitness account of the one thing that matters and that's what happened in the car. The driver minded his business and looked ahead the whole time and relied on what he heard and he didn't hear any strangulation (people are still hung up on that based on the pictures of her neck) and the slap he heard he said was from her.

And maybe we have different definitions of yelling, him chastising her I wouldnt take that as yelling, I've gotten lectures like that. Now bringing up Coretta and Michelle, he wild for that.

I think I'm so hung up on his rep being tarnished because it's all based on hearsay and people were looking for something to hate him for after that Ebony cover.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Man, this dude running away had me cracking up...

I see a big nikka running away from this lil white chick, looking like Jesse Owens but dressed like a 1920's coal miner:mjlol:

You could've NEVER convinced me we'd be here 10 years ago.

FreeKang

Daps
I mean, he was average until like a year or 2 ago

First noticed him in that shytty Lovecraft Show on HBO.. he blew up after that. Got in better shape, higher profile movies/shows, etc

Was probably a struggling actor until then

Yeah it was simply a case of him keeping the chic who was with him before the money, before all of that, as opposed to having to vet new women who potentially don't care anything about him and who only see him as a meal ticket.

I get it.

Scipio

Pro
Daps
Bragg has earned alot of cool points among people for opposing Trump, so he's not going to suffer much from this if JM wins.

Daps
This is true. It's more of a side effect. From everything I've seen, they shouldn't have even tried this case. They don't have footage or eyewitness account of the one thing that matters and that's what happened in the car. The driver minded his business and looked ahead the whole time and relied on what he heard and he didn't hear any strangulation (people are still hung up on that based on the pictures of her neck) and the slap he heard he said was from her.

And maybe we have different definitions of yelling, him chastising her I wouldnt take that as yelling, I've gotten lectures like that. Now bringing up Coretta and Michelle, he wild for that.

I think I'm so hung up on his rep being tarnished because it's all based on hearsay and people were looking for something to hate him for after that Ebony cover.

It's a racial thing. "Angry black man" trope. Any time a black man sounds displeased, white media says ":picard: he sounds angry, he sounds abusive and scary."

Can you imagine if Obama had been out there ranting and going off the way Trump was? He couldn't even do that if he felt like going off, cause white media would have crucified him.

You see how he got crucified just for saying Cambridge police acted "stupidly" for arresting Skip Gates for no other reason than he was trying to get in his own home. "He hates the police!!! :damn: "

Meanwhile Trump has literally sent his followers to KILL people and white media is like "The President sounds like he might be a bit perturbed. Dana Bash, what do you think? :jbhmm: "