Jonathan Majors was arrested in New York City this weekend | UPDATE: Majors has been found Guilty, Fired from Marvel - Magazine Dreams drops Q1 2025

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
The way to be "above the law" because of your money/power/influence/connections is to USE the legal system, not BEAT it. Hire a lawyer who has a good relationship with the DA's office. Make some donations. Drag it out, and it will probably be fine. Losing at trial, though....hard to recover from that.

that's where these guys go wrong. it's all ego.

Depp's case was not criminal. His attorney is aggressive and good, but she's young. I think it's clear he probably slapped and hit her around a few times. I think a lot of people will understand how a fight can get out of control, but when all this comes out, it's harder for people. That's why you almost never go to trial. No one does. Look at the kid Mikey Williams. How quickly that got handled when the right lawyer came in.
I argue with people all that time that immediately say settling out of court means someone is guilty of a crime. I always counter that even if you're innocent there is a good chance some dirt would come out in court that's going to fukk over your career regardless. Better to just pay out some money and keep all that information behind closed doors.

Daps
grace seems like she pretty feisty her damn self. looks like a volatile relationship rather than him just being a demon.

he probably cooked with disney but he can eat off indie flicks still

Yeah this is where I leaned in the beginning. Both of them got issues. They are abusive to each other.

She ain't innocent but of course, folks are gonna pretend as if she was a meek doe who Jonathan Majors would beat in a rage if the toast was too burnt.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
and this is why we have trials so people like you can't just convict somebody on "Well look at this big black man, he's obviously guilty".

FOH

The trial is not what his team wanted and his incompetent lawyer did everything possible to avoid this embarrassment because his career depends on his public image

Foolish people like you don't seem to grasp that celebrities care more about these incidents being made public vs them actually being vindicated legally. This is only serious because of the career/money he will lose vs him actually doing jail time

You want this to be some sweeping thing when Jonathan Majors has been moving like someone trying to cover the entire thing up/move past it

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The trial is not what his team wanted and his incompetent lawyer did everything possible to avoid this embarrassment because his career depends on his public image

Foolish people like you don't seem to grasp that celebrities care more about these incidents being made public vs them actually being vindicated legally. This is only serious because of the career/money he will lose vs him actually doing jail time

You want this to be some sweeping thing when Jonathan Majors has been moving like someone trying to cover the entire thing up/move past it
how come you skipped over the post of the woman who actually saw footage of the incident? This is where i'm starting from. When it comes to the actual incident how it was described by that woman...nothing happened.

people like you get caught up in the neck popping character assassination bullshyt that's intentionally vague and "headline grabbing". You're sitting up here with narratives about celebrity worship, because you haven't actually paid attention to details of this case. you are the one with the celebrity narrative based on zero facts.

You seem to hate black men and have this whole agenda about seeing him go down for an incident he didn't commit. This is sad to watch. And a good lesson for me about people like you who go around being loud & wrong, while i'm sitting here knowing the details like "that didn't happen, nobody said that, that didn't happen either..."...It's pretty amazing to see from this side.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Not looking good for him but If he gets off he’ll still earn just not at the level he was going towards.

He was going to get the best of both worlds those massive Hollywood paydays and the more award winning stuff he was going for.

A massive what if of a career.
Naw bruh

After that last text message that was revealed...he's done

And I guess I'm gonna have to explain what a Pyrrhic Victory is to some of you. Becuz it doesn't matter if he technically wins this case either

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
The 2nd coming of......

l3VCYGarBzInxjEDL9pjPC2ljNB.jpg

Tair

Superstar
Daps
again, the texts that people are referencing are heavily redacted and lack context. We don't know what that incident could have been. This is why it's important to read behind the sensationalism.

So far out of any of the people i'm following on twitter or any of the articles, nobody has flat out stated that in court it was stated that he hit her based on those texts. The prosecution whole gameplan is attacking his character by alluding to vague shyt like redacted texts.

I don't know why i even entertain yall headline reactors.

edit: also, what sense would it make for him to tell her not to call the police, but he ended up calling the police?

Some of these cats are emotional and think their emotionally driven opinions are fact.