Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

Daps
Clearly you dont watch the games

Jokic loses in the playoff because he gets targeted on the Pnr
You're a 76ers fan, so I already know what angle you're trying to layer here.

Simplifying the Nuggets' playoff exits to whatever you believe is through him being targeted in the PnR is purely [dishonest] Agenda talk. You want to fuel your confirmation bias of what you perceive of where he's at fault and don't want to weigh up the positive-dominant impact he has in relative measure. There hasn't been a single player over the last few seasons that has demonstrated a consistently elite level of play in the playoffs like he has.

Daps
We're speaking on how the MVP has ALWAYS (99% of the time) been voted since the media started voting the award. Don't play dumb and act like there wasnt a previous precedent hasn't been set on how to vote for this award

My question is why hasn't Joker been vored the same way others (with better cases/seasons) have been voted for the award..
Kareem won MVP with a losing record. Let me repeat that - he won MVP with a losing record (40-42).
Moses Malone won MVP twice when his team only won 47 games and 46 games, respectively.
Westbrook won MVP when his team only won 47 games.

You're the one who needs to stop playing dumb and acknowledge why you're skipping over these instances where players won MVP in the past without meeting this 50-wins requirement that you believe has only been ignored for Jokic. You're the only who needs to stop playing dumb and acknowledge that Jokic is only competing against his peers from that specific season - if other candidates from that specific season have similar team records as he does, what the fukk do past seasons have to do with anything?

Don't run and hide from this post either like you usually do when your back is up against the wall.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Playoffs should never matter at all for regular season MVP. The reason why should be obvious.

Jokic is definitely in the running for MVP so far. Though Doncic has a strong argument, too.

I suspect that if it’s close at the end of the season the voters will choose Doncic just to break Jokic’s streak.

But I don’t think made up narratives like “no one else has won 3 in a row” should influence the vote in a given year.

Yesterdays price ain’t today’s price. And yesterday’s MVP arguments got bullshyt to do with today’s MVP arguments.

facts

Daps
I think it's all nonsensical. My problem though is that after back to back MVPs it was basically determined coming into the season that Giannis had little to no chance at a third MVP due to his playoff flameouts. Yet now that it comes to Jokic that's no longer a problem.

The other problem is MVPs were rarely given out to players on teams that weren't dominant during the regular season. Last year was a weird year due to their being no good MVP candidates on the dominant regular season teams. But if Jokic wins again this year that would be 3 straight MVPs without being on a team believed to even be a title contender. I thought Giannis should've won it last year and is one of the frontrunners this year.
Jokic isn't even the favorite to win right now (funnily enough, it's Giannis), so this is an irrelevant talking point.

In fact, coming into the last three seasons, Giannis has had a higher probable percentage of winning MVP than Jokic has. Go figure.

Whatever you believe was the narrative about him having little-to-no chance of winning MVP in 2021, was because of his playoff performance was largely down to the fact he bowed out in embarrassing fashion in the 2020 playoffs. Folks were calling it the worst playoff exit by a MVP in recent memory; his performance left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. That context is important here because Jokic balled out last postseason despite his team being no match for the Warriors, all without his #2 and #3 options.

Voters are naturally going to look at Jokic more kindly given that. If he lost in similar fashion to Giannis in 2020, it would be a different story.

Last edited:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Voters used “voter fatigue” and not winning the title as reigning MVP as an excuse to arbitrarily bar Giannis from the discussion the first year Jokic stole it…it’d be laughable if those same voters ignored their own precedent and gave it to Jokic three in a row…but if the Nuggets finish first in the west (which they very easily could), I don’t doubt they would

He was 5th in the first straw poll…but Steph’s injury kills his shot and Luka won’t win enough games…the media voters with loudest voices will start the campaign via weekly podcasts bout the ‘lytics and Jokic will be top 2 by the time the next straw poll comes around

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He got there though. Both years. Jokic hasn’t.

In 2016 his team won the first round and took the lead in the 2nd round without Steph even being on the court. :dead:

If Jokic had a team good enough to make the WCF without him even being there, then of course he'd make some noise in the playoffs.

This is why these arguments are stupid as fukk. You're literally giving them more MVP credit for having a team that can handle shyt without them, which is the exact opposite of what "Most Valuable" should mean.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Put on another passing clinic tonight. :wow:

Nuggets are in the 1st seed now so he has everything in his favor as things stand no matter how much some of y'all whine about him being white or the Playoffs (despite MVP being a regular season award)