Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He has zero impact on the defensive end of the floor especially in the playoffs. Jamal Murray isn’t changing that.

you compared Jokic to KAJ. There’s absolutely nothing to discuss here.

You're useless when it comes to Jokic. And he's clearly a plus defender now, not next-level stopper or anything but most MVP candidates usually aren't.

Here are some of Squirrel's greatest hits:

MPJ would be the most talented player on the floor, with the skill set and athleticism to take over games when necessary.
I see you’ve been running from that MPJ smoke. Remember when you said I was crazy for saying he was the best talent on the team? :bryan: “But but but Jokic!”
A healthy MPJ is more talented and more equipped to be the best player on the Nuggets. There’s a reason he was viewed so highly coming out of high school.
They told me I was crazy when I said MPJ the best player on the team.
@Gil Scott-Heroin not upping this thread tonight?

Jokic still better than Carmelo when he was a Nugget?
You don’t have the right to talk basketball with me because you don’t watch games or know talent. According to you:
  • Lonzo Ball is not good
  • Jokic is a top 3 nba player
As proven last playoffs, he CANNOT produce a basket when you most need one, whether passing or going to get one for himself.
The fact you Jokic fans are literally grasping for good games by him shows how casual you are. He ain’t a top 10 NBA player and damn sure can never be the best player on a championship team.
What makes Jokic so unique? If Sabonis was in the league during his prime, he would’ve been Jokic. Jokic cannot be your best player if you’re competing for a championship.
MPJ is the only one attacking without fear and consistently getting to the basket. Malone has been playing mind games with MPJ since he came into the league. He probably wishes Barton wasn’t hurt so he could bench MPJ:mjlol:.

The best player on the team has spoken.
Jokic is a head case and can’t handle the Clippers defense mentally or physically. He’s been exposed and clearly has maxed out.

Imagine someone complaining about Jokic's defense when they've spent years gassing MPJ. :dead:

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
Although many people feel he doesn't deserve to have back to back MVPs (me one of them) and he's got something to prove, just about every basketball fan agrees he's amazing to watch with his unique skill set.
Funny how that unique skill rarely shows up in a playoff series

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Funny how that unique skill rarely shows up in a playoff series

Based on what? :dahell:

Jokic is career 26-12-6 on 52/40/84 shooting splits in the playoffs. Those are insane #'s. He's basically putting up dominant center stats while also distributing like a point guard and shooting Steve Nash %'s from outside.

2022: 31-13-6 on 58% shooting against the eventual champ Warriors who had the #1 defense in the NBA, but lost because his #2 and #3 were Monte Morris and Will Barton.

2021: 33-11-5 on 53% shooting against the Suns who nearly won the title, but lost because his #2 and #3 were MPJ and Monte Morris.

2020: Came back from 3-1 down to hit the Game 7 game-winner against the Gobert-Mitchell Jazz while averaging 26-8-5 on 52/48/85 splits, then came back again from 3-1 down to take out the Kawhi-George Clippers averaging 24-13-7 on 52/40/82 splits, and only losing to the eventual champ Lakers because AD and Bron both played at an MVP level. That AD defense with Bron help held him to his "worst" series so far in his career, 22-7-5 on 53/36/85 shooting.

2019 : Had a triple-double in Game 7 to beat the Spurs (for the series was 23-12-9 on 49/33/88), then barely lost to the Blazers in 7 games despite averaging 27-14-8 on 52/46/83 shooting.

Jokic isn't no Harden, he balls out in the playoffs every year. For his career in Game 7s he's won 3 out of 4 while averaging 24-16-7 and hit a series-winning game-winner on the DPOY. He hasn't lost a closely matched series since 2019.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Joker is a great player who will go down as legendary when it's all said and done. But in a world where Mike or Bron don't have 3 MVP's in a row it's hard for me to say that Jokic should get a 3rd this season. Now if he keeps it up and the Nuggets run away with the West it may be a moot point but as of now you got legit guys like Tatum Embid who've never won the award. And if the Freak leads Milwaukee to the best record in the East with his usual numbers it's hard for him no to have just as much of an argument as well.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
My 3x MVP needs to have more playoff success than dudes without, like Embiid. I’m just saying. :yeshrug:

Last three years Jokic has lost to the 2020 championship Lakers, the 2021 Suns squad that was up 2-0 in the Finals, and the 2022 championship Warriors.

Last three years Embiid has lost to the 2020 Celtics who immediately lost in the next round, the 2021 Hawks who immediately lost in the next round, and the 2022 Heat who immediately lost in the next round.

Joker is a great player who will go down as legendary when it's all said and done. But in a world where Mike or Bron don't have 3 MVP's in a row it's hard for me to say that Jokic should get a 3rd this season. Now if he keeps it up and the Nuggets run away with the West it may be a moot point but as of now you got legit guys like Tatum Embid who've never won the award. And if the Freak leads Milwaukee to the best record in the East with his usual numbers it's hard for him no to have just as much of an argument as well.

You're completely right, MJ should have won in 1993 and 1997, and LeBron should have won in 2011 at the very least. But it gets weird to penalize future players because past voters made bad decisions.

I would prefer for Tatum to win the award this year, and i think most of the voters would prefer that too. But Jokic has a great case, and depending on how they play the rest of the season, there could be an outcome where he has the only clear case for a lot of voters