Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
So if voters give it to Giannis because jokic didnt do well in the playoffs last year and then the nuggets make the finals this year then what? You gonna give next years mvp to jokic because he got over the hump in the playoffs this year?

Everyone has to be comfortable with it being a regular season award or the voting has to take place after the playoffs are over in the offseason

Daps
This is nonsensical giving jokic this kind of love. Again nothing against him personally but this is a sham forreal.

Joker won 47 games his1st mvp year and 48 games year. Im old enough to remember that you wouldnt even be in the conversation unless your team won 50 games *cough 2006 kobe*

When Bird won his 3rd straight, he was the undisputed best player in the league and the celtics were in the middle of winning 2 ships with 4 straight nba finals. In those regular seasons boston won 62, 63, and 67 games those years.
The irony.

:wow:

Daps
47 and 48 wins won mvp when we were told for years 50 was the low bar for the award.

Explain that......

Joker seems to be getting evaluated from a different rule book.
Care to explain exactly what wins from other seasons have to do with it when Jokic wasn't competing in those seasons?

The two players who finished #2 and #3 in MVP voting last season both were on teams that only won 51 games.

Jokic is only evaluated against his peers during that specific season, and not a season and players back in the '80s like you mindlessly tried to use as reference.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

A Golden State bandwagon jumper would tell me to stop watching basketball. FOH :camby:

You wasn’t a Warriors fan before Steph came.

I stand by what I said. You cant name one series Jokic looked like the best player on Earth.

This is historic

This is historic

This is historic and I don’t even like this nikka

Jokic is a fraud. Like you :camby:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's because you're an ignorant Casual who doesn't know what he's talking about. You'll stand on being wrong because you don't know any better.

Nikka shut your dumb ass up. You are not important. We all saw Jokic shrink in 2020 against Bron. We saw him shrink last year against the Warriors. And he gonna shrink again this year come playoff time. You have no argument. Get the fukk outta my face :camby:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Care to explain exactly what wins from other seasons have to do with it when Jokic wasn't competing in those seasons?

The two players who finished #2 and #3 in MVP voting last season both were on teams that only won 51 games.

Jokic is only evaluated against his peers during that specific season, and not a season and players back in the '80s like you mindlessly tried to use as reference.
We're speaking on how the MVP has ALWAYS (99% of the time) been voted since the media started voting the award. Don't play dumb and act like there wasnt a previous precedent hasn't been set on how to vote for this award

My question is why hasn't Joker been vored the same way others (with better cases/seasons) have been voted for the award..

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Playoffs should never matter at all for regular season MVP. The reason why should be obvious.

Jokic is definitely in the running for MVP so far. Though Doncic has a strong argument, too.

I suspect that if it’s close at the end of the season the voters will choose Doncic just to break Jokic’s streak.

But I don’t think made up narratives like “no one else has won 3 in a row” should influence the vote in a given year.

Yesterdays price ain’t today’s price. And yesterday’s MVP arguments got bullshyt to do with today’s MVP arguments.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Playoffs should never matter at all for regular season MVP. The reason why should be obvious.

Jokic is definitely in the running for MVP so far. Though Doncic has a strong argument, too.

I suspect that if it’s close at the end of the season the voters will choose Doncic just to break Jokic’s streak.

But I don’t think made up narratives like “no one else has won 3 in a row” should influence the vote in a given year.

Yesterdays price ain’t today’s price. And yesterday’s MVP arguments got bullshyt to do with today’s MVP arguments.
Playoffs absolutely matter (on how voters voted for future MVPs.) look at Dirk. Won 67 game, MVP lost to the we believe warriors and was never in the running foe the award again