Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
What context do you need? He is the most offensively skilled center the game has ever seen.

And this "run" is on year six and he is leading the MVP race which will give him three-straight.
Hypothetically he gets injured next year and begins an inevitable decline. Contextually is his six years plus trump Kareem or wilt? Is six years enough to pronounce him the greatest of all time? Let the man’s career be done with before crowning him.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Hypothetically he gets injured next year and begins an inevitable decline. Contextually is his six years plus trump Kareem or wilt? Is six years enough to pronounce him the greatest of all time? Let the man’s career be done with before crowning him.
That still don’t take away what he is doing right now.

Daps
You saying some wild stuff 🤣 but I do think Jokic has more impressive feats on his resume than Giannis. I also think there is only the narrowest of gaps between the two as players...
Let’s just simmer down and take it easy a bit.
@Long Live The Kane is trying to be funny. He's one of the OG Jokic haters. He's only mad cause he got dragged in threads a couple years back and has resorted to this act to overcompensate.

Daps
Stat geeks like yourself can only judge value and worth in numbers and awards. A healthy MPJ is more talented and more equipped to be the best player on the Nuggets.
MPJ would be the most talented player on the floor, with the skill set and athleticism to take over games when necessary.
They told me I was crazy when I said MPJ the best player on the team.
I see you’ve been running from that MPJ smoke. Remember when you said I was crazy for saying he was the best talent on the team? :bryan: “But but but Jokic!”
Never forget.

:wow:

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
You saying some wild stuff 🤣 but I do think Jokic has more impressive feats on his resume than Giannis. I also think there is only the narrowest of gaps between the two as players...
I usually like your bball takes in general but i gotta challenge you on this part,strongly disagree with you on it. To say jokic has achieved more impressive feats in his career than giannis is literally nonsense.
Giannis has the championship and finals mvp, jokic has never made it to the nba finals and gets exposed in the playoffs.
Giannis is a top 5 defender in the league and always a candidate for the defensive player of the year, jokic is a liability on the other end of the ball
Giannis was drafted one year before jokic and yet has more ALL NBA selections, all star selections, literally every metric says giannis is the better player and the one with the more impressive feats/accomplishment.
Giannis is the best player in the NBA right now.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Never forget how the media said triple doubles were meaningless when Russ was averaging them for multiple seasons, and now they’re the benchmark stat for MVP :wow:

Thunder players were diving out of the way of potential rebounds like it was mortar fire so westbrook could get his 10

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I usually like your bball takes in general but i gotta challenge you on this part,strongly disagree with you on it. To say jokic has achieved more impressive feats in his career than giannis is literally nonsense.
Giannis has the championship and finals mvp, jokic has never made it to the nba finals and gets exposed in the playoffs.
Giannis is a top 5 defender in the league and always a candidate for the defensive player of the year, jokic is a liability on the other end of the ball
Giannis was drafted one year before jokic and yet has more ALL NBA selections, all star selections, literally every metric says giannis is the better player and the one with the more impressive feats/accomplishment.
Giannis is the best player in the NBA right now.

If you ask me to pick one player as the best player in ball right now, I'm taking Giannis, and that primarily is a carry over from his play in the last two postseasons. He's distinguished himself to carry that title, and long time posters here know how much stock I put into playoff performance...

You don't just become the best player in the world off hot regular seasons, no matter how many in a row you have. Not to me. So Giannis is the best player in ball to me until somebody else takes it thru playoff work, and understand, it can be taken. The gap between Giannis and the closest guys is entirely marginal, the only separation at this point is the elevation of the past two playoffs...

Championships certainly matter and are a factor, but a guy doesn't have to win it every year or be the most recent champ to have this distinction. Hence, Giannis isn't the most recent champ and is the best player in ball to me. On that same note a guy not having won one, doesn't mean he isn't as great as someone who has...

Giannis has one title. We aren't talking about a guy who has led multiple titles or even Finals runs. He has one title, it's significant for his overall narrative but it's still just ONE. One that he won, off the back of weakened competition either thru roster (that weak ass Hawks team) or injury (Kyrie doesn't get hurt they are gone)...

One title that he won against what we now know wasn't a great Suns team. This is the same Giannis who we have multiple playoff choke jobs pre-title, and a complete disappearing act in the last three quarters of G7 last tear at Boston. Giannis defenders talk about how tired he was and having to carry an injury depleted Bucks team that far. You and I both know part of what makes LeBron the GOAT is how often he carried injury-depleted teams to the brink of a championship, with crazy responsibility of being the team's best defender, ball handler/initiator, and scorer...

He has many closeout games he did this on the road too...

Many of Giannis' biggest supporters are such because of their LeBron envy, and cats DIRECTLY said he was, or would be, better than LeBron. For me, this was always a reach anyway, and I hold ALL elite, great players to the same exact standard. Every single one of them, there is no sliding scale of criteria based on who I like...

There's no way in hell The Culture would let a Y9, 27-year old LeBron get away with a G7 Casper act---->in the 2nd Round no less, because he "ran outta gas". Giannis is an elite, All-Time great player. He ain't getting away with this shyt either, and this is on top of the pattern of him being that guy in playoff career anyway...

Jokic doesn't have the history of choking Giannis does. He just doesn't. He led a WCF run in Y5 with a team on the rise, then the following two years dealt with all kinds of significant injuries to his teammates and still led 54 and 48 win seasons...

Jokic has lost in the playoffs by being outplayed by the other side's best guy, and by bringing the weaker team to the fight. But he's never just disappeared or choked a game or series off...

He's not the great defensive player Giannis is but he does provide a hint of rim protection and move his feet well. He's not a complete defensive liability, he understands coverages and reads...

It's going to be interesting to see how these two and Embiid are linked thru the remainders of their careers. Because these are the three dominant bigs if today. Giannis has the lead in accolades. These guys are right up there with him in terms of overall weight of play, they do anything of consequence in the playoffs, the math on how they compare to Giannis will change, trust me. Giannis is the hot name...