Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

Daps
This the era of Giannis. These are his awards.

Because he's great. He's already chip'd and his team regular season success is 55-65 wins.

Joker winning 3 in a row on Greaks time is silly.
They are NOT Giannis' awards. This is something that you've just conjured up in your head and not reflective of reality. They are the awards of whoever is deserving of them, and meeting that bar is going to be different every season. See, you already come into each season with this confirmation bias that they should be Giannis', so naturally, you've going to manipulate and shift the criteria to where it fits him and only him, and not one that is by any objective scale.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
The 76ers only won 49 games to Denver's 47.

You know cotdamn well that winning that few amount of games, even as a #1 seed doesn't give you any great value in the MVP race. Joel only played 51 games that season, and you know too, that affected his chances. Jokic ended up playing 72, so of course, it stands to reason voters sided with him given he played 20+ more games.

If Embiid played a similar amount of games he likely would've won.

It doesn't matter what I think.

Did you catch my post above yours?

How the fukk did Booker deserve to win it last season when CP3 was talked up as the Suns' MVP candidate for over half the season (links posted above)? When has the MVP ever been awarded to a player who wasn't even seen as the best player of his team for over half the season? You wanted them to give Booker the MVP all because he happened to have a narrative manufactured for him over the last 30-40% of the season? What about the Warriors winning 67 games in 2017, and neither Steph or Durant were in the top-5 for votes. Why was it not a problem for you back then, but it is now?
I don’t care what the media thinks about who is the best player. It was pretty clear during the playoff run that Booker was the best suns player. And if you think a guy is deserving of 1st team all-nba which Book was..why can’t he win MVP? I mean they’re clearly saying he’s a top 5 guy that season but he can’t win MVP?

See our disagreement resides in the fact that you think my disdain is towards Joker. It’s not..it’s aimed at the media constantly moving the goalposts or criteria to fit him.

We literally saw voter fatigue and people say he had to make a finals run as a reason Giannis couldn’t win 3 in a row. Did we not Gil?

As far as Joel I’m just calling it how I see it brother. I watched the media say Ben didn’t deserve DPOY for perimeter & POA defense but then a year later give it to Marcus Smart. Jo and our guys won’t get their credit I’m at peace with that.

Daps
I don’t care what the media thinks about who is the best player.
Well, unfortunately, it does. They're the ones who vote for the MVP.
It was pretty clear during the playoff run that Booker was the best suns player. And if you think a guy is deserving of 1st team all-nba which Book was..why can’t he win MVP? I mean they’re clearly saying he’s a top 5 guy that season but he can’t win MVP?

See our disagreement resides in the fact that you think my disdain is towards Joker. It’s not..it’s aimed at the media constantly moving the goalposts or criteria to fit him.
You say the media is constantly moving the goalposts, but you still haven't acknowledged the fact they applied the same reasoning to the Warriors back in 2017 when they won 67 games and neither Steph nor KD won MVP, or were even in the top-5 for voting. Exact same situation to CP3 and Booker. If two players are seen on relatively equal terms in regards to team success, they're going to affect one another's MVP chances. I just referenced multiple links where CP3 was seen as the guy on MVP lists, and not Booker, but now you're kicking up dust all because they didn't give the MVP to a guy who was seen as the Suns' best player for only 30-40% of the season?

Make it make sense.
We literally saw voter fatigue and people say he had to make a finals run as a reason Giannis couldn’t win 3 in a row. Did we not Gil?
An entirely different set of circumstances.

Giannis shytted the bed in the Bubble in ways we've never seen, coming off back-to-back MVPs - it was one of the worst, if not the worst, playoff performance from a MVP, and that would've left a foul taste in the mouth of those who voted for him. Whereas Jokic has been arguably the best and most consistent playoff performer over the last few seasons, so folks are going to be less reluctant to use his past playoff exits against him heading into the succeeding season.

And ultimately, the only true obstacle coming between Jokic and a third will be voter fatigue. He's going to have to go beyond both his MVP seasons, and perform to a greater level than all other candidates to win. If there's any other player that's on the same level (that hasn't won before), he'll likely end up losing to them.
As far as Joel I’m just calling it how I see it brother. I watched the media say Ben didn’t deserve DPOY for perimeter & POA defense but then a year later give it to Marcus Smart. Jo and our guys won’t get their credit I’m at peace with that.
You're my guy, but you know this is the Philly fan in you coming out.

Smart really only won because Draymond got injured (who was the runaway pick), and he was seen as the leader of the #1 defense. That's not to say Smart wasn't deserving, but he was more a beneficiary of there not being any standout candidate once Draymond went down. Being the face of the #1 defense got him over the line. Again, you can't compare that to what happened with Ben as they're different seasons with different candidates.

You throw that version of Ben into the 2022 season with the same impact/results and he probably would've won.

2legit

Superstar
Daps
This guy will singlehandedly devalue this era. He'd be food in the 90s
Rik Smits was an all-star in the 90s. Jokic is still gonna eat in that era.

af0d875f-d4d7-4c18-94e9-1ca25e02f7c9-2543017.JPG

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
this is why it never made sense that nikkas who stan Dame are crying about help. Cuz jokic has yet to have an All-star teammate and the nuggets are considered contenders with MPJ and Jamal Murray healthy

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Embiid wasn't on a team that was a #1 seed, and there was the narrative that CP3 was the Suns best player during the first half of the season.

Not even remotely the same thing.

The only mental gymnastics that is occurring is y'all trying to justify why he isn't deserving, which you've do Ine for the last two years now.
Let me give you historical context since you seem to act like that doesn't matteer when it absolutely does.

There has been 3 b2b2b MVPs in the leagues 75 year history.

Wilt
Russel
Bird

When MR Russel won in 61,62 and 63 the Celtics avg 58 wins a year and 3 peated.

When Wilt won in 66, 67 and 68 they avg 62 wins a year and argubly had the greatest team ever in the 67 Sixers. They lost twice to the dynasty celtics

I already explained the crazy shyt bird did in his 3 year run
For joker to be in this company it has to be both individual & TEAM success

Daps
Let me give you historical context since you seem to act like that doesn't matteer when it absolutely does.

There has been 3 b2b2b MVPs in the leagues 75 year history.

Wilt
Russel
Bird

When MR Russel won in 61,62 and 63 the Celtics avg 58 wins a year and 3 peated.

When Wilt won in 66, 67 and 68 they avg 62 wins a year and argubly had the greatest team ever in the 67 Sixers. They lost twice to the dynasty celtics

I already explained the crazy shyt bird did in his 3 year run
For joker to be in this company it has to be both individual & TEAM success
I've already explained this to you and you never responded when your shyt was debunked -
Kareem won MVP with a losing record. Let me repeat that - he won MVP with a losing record (40-42).
Moses Malone won MVP twice when his team only won 47 games and 46 games, respectively.
Westbrook won MVP when his team only won 47 games.

You're the one who needs to stop playing dumb and acknowledge why you're skipping over these instances where players won MVP in the past without meeting this 50-wins requirement that you believe has only been ignored for Jokic. You're the only who needs to stop playing dumb and acknowledge that Jokic is only competing against his peers from that specific season - if other candidates from that specific season have similar team records as he does, what the fukk do past seasons have to do with anything?

Don't run and hide from this post either like you usually do when your back is up against the wall.
Jokic is ONLY competing against the players in the specific year he's participating in. He only needs to do enough to beat them. He's not competing against the likes of Wilt, Bill and Bird, when will you grasp this simple concept?

Daps
He knows that.

Just being obtuse for his guy.
Right his favorite player ever Steph had to avg 70 FUKKING win B2B MVPs
Neither of you two know what the fukk you're talking about.

Jokic doesn't need to average x-amount of wins, he just needs to beat out his competition during that season. It's got nothing to do with who I like or dislike - it is reality. Jokic isn't competing against Bird, Bill, Wilt or whoever the fukk else you wanna bring up. Whoever has the best argument for MVP deserves to win. They don't have to get 50, 60, 70 wins, or make it to the Finals or any of this arbitrary nonsense. They just need to be the best for that [regular] season.

UNDERSTAND THAT.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I like Jokic. There is no doubt he is a good and great player.

But he is CLEARLY given a pass by the media.

He can be the MVP and be allowed to fail. Meanwhile Giannis was catching MAJOR HEAT after losing in 2019 and 2020 despite being the MVP.

People want to say he (Jokic) is the best player in the league but then suddenly don't want to attach best player in the league expectations to him in terms of team success in the post season.

This is clearly the issue people have and it's a fair one.