Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
That will just be a disgrace for the NBA, Nash with 2 MVP's. Shaq and Kobe combined with 2.

Jerry West with Finals MVP despite loss. They were ready to give Bird the Finals MVP even if he lost in 1984.

Its racial, afterall the vast majority of NBA writers and journalists that give this award are white and see themselves much more in white dudes, even if they are foreigners.

The reason why Jokic is going for 3 right now is the lower bar white players are held to. He was on the SIXTH seed last year and still won.
no surprise the nobodytouchesjordan guy is an utter casual :mjlol:

Last edited:

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
He’s simply the most impactful player in the league.

The most valuable player in the league.

There’s no goal post to move.
Give me Giannis over him and 30 in Oakland.

Daps
he probably is the MVP as things stand currently

however the people who decide who wins the award have created an environment where he shouldn't win based on their own past standards :manny:
Who should have won the last two MVPs then based on this year's standards?

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I called he’d get 3 straight immediately after he won it last year…somehow, despite being the most decorated player the past three years, he still has this “aww shucks, he’s just soooo underrated…no one ever talks about how great he is” underdog narrative pushed for him by the media…all while having ZERO expectations placed upon him to actually win or any backlash for losing …this year he’ll actually have the resume on par with what traditionally used to be required to win MVP, and “voter fatigue” is one of those things that don’t apply to him…he’ll win it fairly easily, get gameplanned for and targeted in the playoffs again and it’ll be shrugged off…now four in a row might be kinda tough, but we’ll see
Great post :wow:

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Hell naw. The Nuggets have underperformed.

Give that shyt to Giannis, Tatum, or even Booker
This is an abomination. This is an example of someone who has an agenda. We’re not even at the halfway mark and this dear breh is already ready to hand the MVP to someone so long as it’s not the big bad Jokic. He offers no reason except that the first place Nuggets have somehow underperformed 32 games into the season. What a joke, we have 50 games to go for this regular season award. All these guys mentioned (and some others) should be in the convo at this point but it should be understood it’s just convo. If they all continue to play well and their teams are winning they should still be in the convo by end of the year. Saying you think one guy appears to be a favorite is one thing but saying you think another guy shouldn’t get it at all when the evidence is clear to the contrary is an entirely different thing. Stop the hate, just appreciate.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is an abomination. This is an example of someone who has an agenda. We’re not even at the halfway mark and this dear breh is already ready to hand the MVP to someone so long as it’s not the big bad Jokic. He offers no reason except that the first place Nuggets have somehow underperformed 32 games into the season. What a joke, we have 50 games to go for this regular season award. All these guys mentioned (and some others) should be in the convo at this point but it should be understood it’s just convo. If they all continue to play well and their teams are winning they should still be in the convo by end of the year. Saying you think one guy appears to be a favorite is one thing but saying you think another guy shouldn’t get it at all when the evidence is clear to the contrary is an entirely different thing. Stop the hate, just appreciate.
You know what you're right what I said was premature, but I can't help but think about how he gets bounced out of the playoffs. I know the MVP is a regular season award, but that shyt still can't leave my mind and I don't think multiple-time MVPs should be getting put out like that. At least Giannis has won a chip and Tatum went to the finals and so has Booker. I just think it's a waste giving it to him only for him to be gone in the second or third round. Even though the Nuggets lead the west they still have too many puzzling losses that tell me they ain't ready yet.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s so much season left… how yall be making threads just to be angry about this big polar bear ballerina goose Serbian?

KD, Giannis, and Tatum have strong cases. JoJo too. Luka obviously. All it takes is a 10 game span to shake up the convo. shyt, before he got hurt yet again, AD was making a legit case.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
w
You know what you're right what I said was premature, but I can't help but think about how he gets bounced out of the playoffs. I know the MVP is a regular season award, but that shyt still can't leave my mind and I don't think multiple-time MVPs should be getting put out like that. At least Giannis has won a chip and Tatum went to the finals and so has Booker. I just think it's a waste giving it to him only for him to be gone in the second or third round. Even though the Nuggets lead the west they still have too many puzzling losses that tell me they ain't ready yet.
Would the Nuggets have made the Finals with Booker :mjlol:, Tatum, or Giannis?

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: at Booker being MVP
Might be my favorite nonsensical grievance HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Booker got his ass dogwalked and openly mocked in a Game 7 at home against a one-man team that was the 4 seed. That’s after struggling with the 8 seed Pelicans. That’s after coughing up a 2-0 lead in the Finals. Get that nikka the fukk out my face.

JoJo got put on a t-shirt - literally - by a skinny nikka struggling for minutes. Before that he left the playoffs in tears. And he ain’t been to nary a Conference Finals.

Giannis won back-to-back MVPs and had not a single Finals appearance to show for it. He made it to one conference Finals, just like the Serbian Polar Bear Ballerina Goose. He finally broke through the next season aided by a little luck, a lot of great play, and a next level transcendent close-out performance.

It ain’t easy to win a title - it takes talent, luck, and next level performances in high pressure games. I fukk with all the aforementioned players, because I like watching talent. And I try to give the elite players grace and patience unless they’re clearly bytchmade grifting flopping flailing & failing dikkheads like james harden. Nuggets have some really good pieces this season. Brown was a great pickup. AG has figured out his role and taken his play to an absurd level. I think they probably need another big or wing who can do the dirty work on defense before they have a legit title shot. But if Jokic flames out, I’m sure he’ll catch flak, regardless of whether he gets a 3rd MVP. He has the spotlight now, and that shyt is all love until it turns unforgiving.

Undisputed

Street nikka
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
He’s good but not that good:hhh:KD turned things around for the nets and he’s due for an mvp I have him leading the mvp race :sas1:Zion can win too if he plays the rest of the season without gettin injured breh is unstoppable:wow: