Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn’t matter.

These are also just arbitrary circumstantial awards. Him winning as many MVP’s as LeBron or Jordan doesn’t mean shyt.

Did LeBron make the Finals in 2009 or 2010? No.

Did Jordan make it in 1988? No.

The NBA Finals has nothing to do with the regular season MVP award. That award goes to the most valuable player in the league. The most impactful player in the league.

Jokic is historical no one is making the damn Finals with Aaron Gordon as their second best player.

41/15/15 on X-Mas…25/11/9 on 62% FG for the season, Nuggets are the one seed.

Maybe just maybe son is just that good. That’s the real problem here is that y’all childhood idols are threatened by some pudgy Serbian cac.

Facts even Giannis didn't make it to the NBA Finals when he won back to back MVPs

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Doesn’t matter.

These are also just arbitrary circumstantial awards. Him winning as many MVP’s as LeBron or Jordan doesn’t mean shyt.

The NBA Finals has nothing to do with the regular season MVP award. That award goes to the most valuable player in the league. The most impactful player in the league.

Jokic is historical no one is making the damn Finals with Aaron Gordon as their second best player.

Maybe just maybe son is just that good. That’s the real problem here is that y’all childhood idols are threatened by some pudgy Serbian cac.

Lebron had already made the finals in 2007.

Daps
Doesn’t matter.

His numbers aren’t much better than last year and he has a full healthy squad. I don’t really see how he’s the mvp.

The issue is beside him the only other western conference mvp contender is Luka and the mavs are currently the 8th seed.

In the east you have Giannis, Tatum, Durant, Mitchell, Embiid. All playing as good respectively.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
His numbers aren’t much better than last year and he has a full healthy squad. I don’t really see how he’s the mvp.

The issue is beside him the only other western conference mvp contender is Luka and the mavs are currently the 8th seed.

In the east you have Giannis, Tatum, Durant, Mitchell, Embiid. All playing as good respectively.
His numbers are better than last year. He’s more efficient and averaging nearly double digit assists. His squad hasn’t been fully healthy MPJ most notably has only played 18 games.

Jokic has been better than all those guys.

The only case for not giving it to Jokic is “voter fatigue”. He’s currently on the #1 seed, he’s the most statistically dominant player in the league, he’s the most impactful player in the league, his second best player this year has been Aaron Gordon, he passes the eye test as pretty much a burly 7-foot modern day Bird. It be easier to not give it to him if he wasn’t putting up 25/11/9 on 62% FG shyt is unheard of.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
His numbers are better than last year. He’s more efficient and averaging nearly double digit assists. His squad hasn’t been fully healthy MPJ most notably has only played 18 games.

The only case for not giving it to Jokic is “voter fatigue”. He’s currently on the #1 seed, he’s the most statistically dominant player in the league, he’s the most impactful player in the league, his second best player this year has been Aaron Gordon, he passes the eye test as pretty much a burly 7-foot modern day Bird. It be easier to not give it to him if he wasn’t putting up 25/11/9 on 62% FG shyt is unheard of.
/thread

he's the MVP. I hate how the MVP is just an NBA media tour. It's just become an award that makes media members feel important

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We still have 50 games to play
Right like idk how people are just resigning themselves to him getting it when it’s so early.

Nuggets are the 1 seed in the west but only 1 game better than the 5 seed in the East where Embiid might win another scoring title and Philly is surging.

Nets and Nuggets are both 10 games over .500 with KD shooting Shaq number from 2 point range(off mostly middies and floaters) averaging 30 and playing elite defense.

And then there’s Tatum averaging 31/8/4 on the beat team in the league who should probably be the front runner right now

Plenty of time for this to shake out

Edit: Forgot about Giannis putting up an easy 30/10 with the second best record despite Middleton out most of the year

Last edited:
Daps

No, he hasn’t been outright better than those guys.

KD is averaging 30 on 55% with kyrie missing 8 games, and having to adjust to a new headcoach. Currently the 3 best team in the east.

Giannis, 30 and 10 while missing Khris, currently the second best team in the east

Tatum, 30 and 8 while having the best record in the league.

Embiid, 33/10/5

Jokic benefits from standing out in a weak western conference.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Funny how being the # 1 seed matters when it benefits him…shyt is hilarious watching the media move the goalposts every year to where he fits the criteria.

Yeah I definitely wouldn’t be sure about the not winning another MVP part…he just won two with zero expectations of even being remotely competitive in the playoffs, he’s taken ZERO blow back for getting trounced as easy work in the first round…i can easily see them giving him a third next year if Murray comes back and they end up being a top team in the west and a legitimate contender

I called he’d get 3 straight immediately after he won it last year…somehow, despite being the most decorated player the past three years, he still has this “aww shucks, he’s just soooo underrated…no one ever talks about how great he is” underdog narrative pushed for him by the media…all while having ZERO expectations placed upon him to actually win or any backlash for losing …this year he’ll actually have the resume on par with what traditionally used to be required to win MVP, and “voter fatigue” is one of those things that don’t apply to him…he’ll win it fairly easily, get gameplanned for and targeted in the playoffs again and it’ll be shrugged off…now four in a row might be kinda tough, but we’ll see

Daps
he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it-fed-up.gif

The Seum rn.

:lolbron:

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
I called he’d get 3 straight immediately after he won it last year…somehow, despite being the most decorated player the past three years, he still has this “aww shucks, he’s just soooo underrated…no one ever talks about how great he is” underdog narrative pushed for him by the media…all while having ZERO expectations placed upon him to actually win or any backlash for losing …this year he’ll actually have the resume on par with what traditionally used to be required to win MVP, and “voter fatigue” is one of those things that don’t apply to him…he’ll win it fairly easily, get gameplanned for and targeted in the playoffs again and it’ll be shrugged off…now four in a row might be kinda tough, but we’ll see
I don’t even have a problem with Joker it’s the media breh. They consistently move the goalposts for him. Last year seeding didn’t matter when it came to MVP…but now that it benefits him it matters. shyt is comical to watch…Book/Joel are better than me cause I’d be pissed.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I don’t even have a problem with Joker it’s the media breh. They consistently move the goalposts for him. Last year seeding didn’t matter when it came to MVP…but now that it benefits him it matters. shyt is comical to watch…Book/Joel are better than me cause I’d be pissed.
He’s simply the most impactful player in the league.

The most valuable player in the league.

There’s no goal post to move.