Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

Daps
Reppin
Denver
That’s a bad comparison because you don’t create the same roster with other stars on the team.
Fair. Look at it from the other way then. How many teams wouldn’t improve if they traded their best player for Jokic?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I’ll be honest. I like Jokic. I’m not one of these nikkas here who hate any superstar athlete who had the audacity to be born white. It just rubs me the wrong way that a 3x MVP has no championship hardware or even a Finals appearance. Maybe that’s a personal fault with me. I just can’t get past it.
takes an organization to win the ship, definitely just a personal thing on your end

KD/Russ/Harden all got MVP trophies having not won shyt yet :manny: MVP is awarded before the season is over for a reason, as an individual player the guy checks all the boxes you need for that award

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Fair. Look at it from the other way then. How many teams wouldn’t improve if they traded their best player for Jokic?
The majority of teams don’t have MVP caliber players so it’s an automatic improvement. That said Jokic for Tatum would make Boston better.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Can’t take voter fatigue out of it or one of his MVPs would be Giannises :manny:

Joel definitely isn’t going to have the worse team argument, and won’t have that much better a record if at all, with how they started. I think HIS slow start itself probably put him too much behind the other two, again.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I’ll be honest. I like Jokic. I’m not one of these nikkas here who hate any superstar athlete who had the audacity to be born white. It just rubs me the wrong way that a 3x MVP has no championship hardware or even a Finals appearance. Maybe that’s a personal fault with me. I just can’t get past it.
Those are team accomplishments.

Jokic teams are clearly not championship they overachieve due to his greatness.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Those are team accomplishments.

Jokic teams are clearly not championship they overachieve due to his greatness.
They’re not overachieving though. They’re landing right where you would expect them to with an MVP caliber player on their team. He’s not dragging them to conference finals or NBA finals. They’ve lost exactly where you expect them to lose. I’m not saying this invalidates him for MVP but the argument that his teams are overachieving isn’t true unless you’re saying to consider the roster without him on it.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He's been on a fukking tear since OP made this thread.

Averaged 31-16-12 over the last week on 56% shooting (and 56% from 3pt) and all four games were wins, with 3 of the 4 against playoff teams.

plus low-key the Nuggets are much better defensively with Jokic on the court than they are with him off of it.