Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Why are y’all so determined to shyt on the guy?

Too damn busy worrying about when’s your next narrative fix going to come from, rather than watching and appreciating the players and the game.

My guy is Bron who gets shyt on for waking up and yawning...What I just said isn't even REMOTELY in that ball park

A 3 time MVP who doesn't hit a finals or a conference finals during that run is an eyebrow raiser....

Regular season accomplishment or not

When exactly should we start expecting great postseason things out of Nikola...

Whether you or the board wants to pretend is up to you....Superstars have clocks put on them....A 3 time MVP is RARE...3 straight MVPS is like finding Chloe Bailey sitting on a billion dollars next to a cache of rare earth metals

They are likely to finish as a top seed in the West....so chances are the team is functioning capably...

Why is a run to the finals not an EXPECTATION for him? Whether we believe its going to happen or not is unimportant...

The expectation is NOT UNREASONABLE

Daps
My guy is Bron who gets shyt on for waking up and yawning...What I just said isn't even REMOTELY in that ball park

A 3 time MVP who doesn't hit a finals or a conference finals during that run is an eyebrow raiser....

Regular season accomplishment or not

When exactly should we start expecting great postseason things out of Nikola...

Whether you or the board wants to pretend is up to you....Superstars have clocks put on them....A 3 time MVP is RARE...3 straight MVPS is like finding Chloe Bailey sitting on a billion dollars next to a cache of rare earth metals

They are likely to finish as a top seed in the West....so chances are the team is functioning capably...

Why is a run to the finals not an EXPECTATION for him? Whether we believe its going to happen or not is unimportant...

The expectation is NOT UNREASONABLE
Bron Stans, y’all.

:unimpressed:

It takes a special case of insecurity to target a player who’s not from the same generation as Bron, who’s not considered a rival of Bron, and who is rarely ever compared to Bron, to then use him in your agenda to illustrate how you believe Jokic should be treated. I could completely understand if they’re of similar age/experience, have similar expectations and are used as extensions in the same fight of agendas, but they’re not.

The only comparison that is regularly ever used is one of their respective passing abilities.

The Nuggets may finish with the top seed in the West, but that’ll be largely, almost entirely, because of Jokic’s ability to overachieve with a support cast that has no business being mentioned as contenders. You’re not even aware of the fact that his #2 and #3 options [Murray and MPJ] have either been injured or playing like a shell of their former selves (particularly in Murray’s case, whose injury might not ever allow him to rekindle the magic he had in the Bubble). A similar course of events happened last season where both of them were out injured for the entire season and Jokic had to carry the team without them. If you had bothered to actually do your research instead of taking out your frustrations of all the injustice you perceive Bron has been a victim of, you’d know this.

But yet here we are, with you choosing to display the same mindless behavior instead of actually trying to break the cycle.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Bron Stans, y’all.

:unimpressed:

It takes a special case of insecurity to target a player who’s not from the same generation as Bron, who’s not considered a rival of Bron, and who is rarely ever compared to Bron, to then use him in your agenda to illustrate how you believe Jokic should be treated. I could completely understand if they’re of similar age/experience, have similar expectations and are used as extensions in the same fight of agendas, but they’re not.

The only comparison that is regularly ever used is one of their respective passing abilities.

The Nuggets may finish with the top seed in the West, but that’ll be largely, almost entirely, because of Jokic’s ability to overachieve with a support cast that has no business being mentioned as contenders. You’re not even aware of the fact that his #2 and #3 options [Murray and MPJ] have either been injured or playing like a shell of their former selves (particularly in Murray’s case, whose injury might not ever allow him to rekindle the magic he had in the Bubble). A similar course of events happened last season where both of them were out injured for the entire season and Jokic had to carry the team without them. If you had bothered to actually do your research instead of taking out your frustrations of all the injustice you perceive Bron has been a victim of, you’d know this.

But yet here we are, with you choosing to display the same mindless behavior instead of actually trying to break the cycle.

So no we shouldn't expect great post season things from Jokic and the Nuggets?

Okay....well that settles it.

Daps
So no we shouldn't expect great post season things from Jokic and the Nuggets?

Okay....well that settles it.
Individually, Jokic should always be held to the expectations that comes with being a superstar, which he’s met every postseason. But that’s not the same as the expectations for the team. I mean, if a squad is compromised because their #2 and #3 options are out injured (or severely affected by those injuries), why should there be the expectations of that team winning in the playoffs?

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why he should NOT have won it last year. Theres no way in hell you can give this man 3 straight MVPS regardless of whatever numbers he puts up
Let that hate out breh.
Seriously tho I get your point but
I mean the numbers ain't lie plus his stats have improved every year.
Like who can you give it over him.
Gianni's maybe but dude is just better than Gianni's in terms of value to his team.
It is what it is.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Paul George has a totally different track record as a playoff performer and never had the offensive burden of Jokic to begin with.
I’ll be honest. I like Jokic. I’m not one of these nikkas here who hate any superstar athlete who had the audacity to be born white. It just rubs me the wrong way that a 3x MVP has no championship hardware or even a Finals appearance. Maybe that’s a personal fault with me. I just can’t get past it.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let that hate out breh.
Seriously tho I get your point but
I mean the numbers ain't lie plus his stats have improved every year.
Like who can you give it over him.
Gianni's maybe but dude is just better than Gianni's in terms of value to his team.
It is what it is.
You think Joker is better than Giannis in team value? Explain?