Joker Seeks A Revenge Tally Across The Valley | Official Suns (#4) vs. Nuggets (#1) West Semifinals Thread

YOUR WINNER..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Well, I see it like this, over the first two games there hasn't been a notable margin between Jokic/Murray and KD/Booker.

It's how their respective offenses are structured and the role players which have been the difference. Phoenix's downfall is their offense is based upon bad shot generation and their role players not being a connective tissue to their stars. Denver is the complete opposite, they have great shot generation (which to be fair, is because of Jokic) and they have arguably the best trio of role players in the playoffs.

Put Gordon, KCP and Brown alongside Devin and KD, and the Suns would likely be up 2-0.

On a micro level, the impact of those three has been the most pivotal part in Denver leading 2-0. Their energy, their versatility (on both ends) and their timely actions are why Denver has been able to control this series thus far.
This is great analysis. This has definitely been the difference.

The bench trio have definitely been difference-makers. Braun has given them some good minutes too.

Last edited:

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Kevin durant was never the best player in the NBA or ever better than bron pre 2020, if he chokes another playoff series with a super team serious discussions have to be had, but dont you ever compare bron to KD again, its kd vs steph
This is considered a super team?! last night I saw fukking Payne with a bright neon green light throwing balls out of bounds and literally shooting corner three behind the backboard. Masters is hurt again in playoffs and basically a washed version of himself

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin

SMH

SO THESE nikkaS COMPLETELY
ABANDONED THE GAME PLAN
AND ONLY LET THE MAN GET
UP 2 SHOTS IN THE 2ND HALF
WHEN ITS CLEAR FROM
THE 14PT QUARTER THEY WERE GASSED.

:devil:
:evil:

Neither team had any real flow all game. Suns didn’t get their first bucket until 4 minutes in. Other than an Ayton dunk at the 5-minute mark no other Sun scored in the 4th besides KD and Book who were doing a bunch of isos. Their offense looked really stagnant. No one else could hit a shot. Bench was terrible. With that said they still had a chance. The Ayton dunk put them within 3. Problem is they only scored 6 in the last 5 minutes. And Denver started hitting shots.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Neither team had any real flow all game. Suns didn’t get their first bucket until 4 minutes in. Other than an Ayton dunk at the 5-minute mark no other Sun scored in the 4th besides KD and Book who were doing a bunch of isos. Their offense looked really stagnant. No one else could hit a shot. Bench was terrible. With that said they still had a chance. The Ayton dunk put them within 3. Problem is they only scored 6 in the last 5 minutes. And Denver started hitting shots.

THATS WHY YOU GET AYTON
THE BALL.

YOU nikkaS ARE CLEARLY TIRED
AND CANT HIT shyt,
JOKIC IS KILLING YET YOURE
NOT USING YOUR SKILLED BIG
TO MAKE JOKIC WORK ON
THE OTHER END.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin

THATS WHY YOU GET AYTON
THE BALL.

YOU nikkaS ARE CLEARLY TIRED
AND CANT HIT shyt,
JOKIC IS KILLING YET YOURE
NOT USING YOUR SKILLED BIG
TO MAKE JOKIC WORK ON
THE OTHER END.

They should be attacking Jokic every way they can and they’re not doing it. Ayton had some success in the first half. They just went away from that and the foul trouble obviously didn’t help.

Daps
Ayton is not a post player; he's a face up big.

There isn't a whole lot he can do to make Jokic work on that end, well, besides miraculously developing a 3-pt shot overnight.

Embiid is someone who can make Jokic work because he can battle down low. Ayton's not capable of doing that. Ayton hitting a couple of 16fters is nice, but it's not going to change anything. The only way the Suns can make him work is dragging his ass out to the perimeter, but Denver already has an answer for that and Phoenix hasn't managed to counter yet.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Suns gotta change something. We can talk all we want about the lack of a bench we knew that was a problem when they made the trade. To me and I can't put my finger on it. But something about Durant I'm starting to question if his style of play can lead to winning a championship. I know it sounds crazy but hear me out you look at a guy like Jimmy Butler okay Jimmy can score 25 to 30 and will his team to victory. Same with Steph and LeBron.Durant scores 25 to 30 he might even have seven rebounds three assists but they lose I'm wondering I'm wondering if maybe Kevin Durant isn't as impactful as we think he is

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If im Chris Paul, I reach out to someone and get Julius Hodge number and give him a call and just offer the sincerest apology that I could muster. I offer to donate to his charity, get big momma house, get his pops a benz anything he needs. Cp0 getting injured at the EXACT same point/part of the season cannot just be a coincedence. Theres forces beyond our knowing thats taking chris down

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Is it his fault CP0 has the lower body of a nikka on life alert or Deaundre Ayton is playing like Deaundre from O block?
Why does Monte refuse to double Joker?

He did the same shyt in the Finals against Giannis..

We know how this works

He’s getting fired

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

We know how this works

He’s getting fired
Monty game plan for Joker is to let him score and not get everyone else involved. Denver is better when everyone eats not just joker. I cant blame him for thst. Why cant Ayton guard him

Daps
Suns gotta change something. We can talk all we want about the lack of a bench we knew that was a problem when they made the trade. To me and I can't put my finger on it. But something about Durant I'm starting to question if his style of play can lead to winning a championship. I know it sounds crazy but hear me out you look at a guy like Jimmy Butler okay Jimmy can score 25 to 30 and will his team to victory. Same with Steph and LeBron.Durant scores 25 to 30 he might even have seven rebounds three assists but they lose I'm wondering I'm wondering if maybe Kevin Durant isn't as impactful as we think he is
Go small.

Have KD at the 5.

Now, obviously, this has to be done in spurts, and not for the entirety of the game. They're always going to be at a disadvantage playing a traditional lineup because none of their bigs can match Jokic and none of them can shoot 3s (forcing him out to the perimeter). Spread the floor with four shooters and start generating quality looks from behind the arc, and hope they can win the 3-pt battle. It's not like Denver is the Warriors. They can be beaten from behind the arc.

We know how this works

He’s getting fired
Doubling Jokic is the worst thing you can do, to be honest.

Nobody is better at picking apart defenses when teams send multiple defenders his way. It just leaves his teammates open, either cutting to the rim or open 3s, and then that generates a rhythm which everyone is feeding off. Playing him as a scorer is best because it cuts down how often he involves others.

It's a double-edged sword though because we all know Jokic has arguably the deepest bag in the A.