Joker Seeks A Revenge Tally Across The Valley | Official Suns (#4) vs. Nuggets (#1) West Semifinals Thread

YOUR WINNER..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
I said Denver would win this series. Cmnon PHX has no bench. Suns need KD and Booker to score 70 points between them to win a game.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Serious question

This Suns couldn’t of done the trade for KD and kept Cam Johnson?

Suns gave up both wings. Everyone including the Nets knew that KD wanted to go there. The Suns had the leverage. They couldn't of done the deal for Bridges, Shamet, Crowder and 4 1st rd picks??

They couldn’t of come up with a package and kept Cam?

:francis: :hubie:

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Just waiting for the homie @murksiderock to make a thread about KD overrated legacy :ohlawd:
KD is overrated because dudes rushed to put him in Top 10 conversation two years ago after losing a Semifinals series........that he was the best player in, I believe that full stop...

But they lost that series, in part because he no-showed in OT. Your legacy doesn't increase by being the best player in a Second Round series 😂 yet that's exactly what happened, Bill Simmons immediately dropped a pod that Durant is a GOAT 10 player, and there was an ushering of analysts and normal heads like us that threw him at Top 10-ish...

KD is overrated because for years now The Culture as a whole has pretended his non-Warrior career doesn't exist. We're seeing a slight shift to reason now, but that's been the theme, to grade him almost entirely on 3 years in The Bay rather than his career as a whole...

But he's not more overrated than Giannis, because while calling KD a GOAT10 guy is hyperbolic, he's in that GOAT15 range without question. He's not far off. People were throwing Giannis in GOAT15/20 conversation the past two years, that's way ahead of schedule for him. He may be GOAT30 at this point......maybe. He's not even close to being one of the 20 greatest players ever with what he currently has on the board...

Abd to be fair, the KD Effect we saw after his Bucks series two years ago, is currently ongoing with Steph. Steph wins a Rd1 series and Cowherd immediately drops a pod calling him greater than Magic and a bunch of people calling him GOAT10...

Steph, like KD, it's a testament to the legacy of their careers, that a First or Second Round series isn't legacy defining. It just isnt, and when people call me a hater of these guys, its juvenile and they miss the forest for the trees...

These dudes have way more important moments in their careers, we hold them to a higher standard of accountability, than to go nuts over an early round series. I don't give a fukk that you score 50 in a G7 Rd1, I don't give a shyt that you outplay arguably the greatest player alive in a Semifinals, why should I? The play of both guys, career-long, has raised the bar that I expect complete dominance in early rounds. I'm not surprised Steph drops 50 in any game of a Rd1. Do you know how many big games this nikka been in with stakes higher than a Rd1 vs Sacramento? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Steph is still in his prime, what matters more is him maintaining his play deeper into the postseason, and continuing to extend his prime annually. This is where he can catch Magic, I've been on this for two or three years, because now he's equaled Magic in longevity (10-year primes). Extending this prime beyond Magic and doing legend shyt late in the playoffs is where he could make up this ground and surpass him...

Not winning a Rd1 series, and not ignoring all the other context of the rest of his career...

So currently people doing that KD shyt with Steph, but it's cool. I'm a fan of both players, this the only space I've ever been in where if you're critical of guys you don't like them, or nikkas only supposed to like one player 😂 LeBron is my favorite player but I love watching a ton of guys ball, Steph and Durant included. I'm just not a fan of mythologizing dudes, I evaluate what you've put on yhe board without fantasization of some shyt you didn't put on record..m

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
The refs blew a bunch of calls. Booker was driving but got no calls, anytime Ayton got hacked he got no calls but the moment he tries to match the physicality of Jokic he gets a whistle. Both Green and Brown got away with obvious travels.
Did you think the refs missed calls for Denver too or do you think they got the benefit of every whistle?

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix is gonna need three role players that can go toe-to-toe with Gordon, KCP and Brown. They've been the main reason Denver is up 2-0.
Main reason is strong. Main reason game 1 was Murray and game 2 was Jokic. Those three have made significant contributions though. Nuggets aren’t up 2-0 without them.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin

I DIDNT SEE THE 2ND HALF
BUT I SEE KD/BOOK PLAYED
44 MINUTES IN HIGH ALTITUDE
AND THE TEAM ONLY SCORED
14 PTS IN THE 4TH QTR...

ONLY 4 PTS FROM THE BENCH
IN THE WHOLE GAME...

QUESTION...
WHEN DID AYTON PICK
UP HIS 5TH FOUL?

THEY CAME OUT FEEDING HIM
THEN HE TOOK 2 SHOTS IN THE
2ND HALF...
:devil:
:evil:

At about the 3-minute mark in the 4th. Suns were only down 5. Ten seconds later KCP hit a 3.

Daps
Main reason is strong. Main reason game 1 was Murray and game 2 was Jokic. Those three have made significant contributions though. Nuggets aren’t up 2-0 without them.
Well, I see it like this, over the first two games there hasn't been a notable margin between Jokic/Murray and KD/Booker.

It's how their respective offenses are structured and the role players which have been the difference. Phoenix's downfall is their offense is based upon bad shot generation and their role players not being a connective tissue to their stars. Denver is the complete opposite, they have great shot generation (which to be fair, is because of Jokic) and they have arguably the best trio of role players in the playoffs.

Put Gordon, KCP and Brown alongside Devin and KD, and the Suns would likely be up 2-0.

On a micro level, the impact of those three has been the most pivotal part in Denver leading 2-0. Their energy, their versatility (on both ends) and their timely actions are why Denver has been able to control this series thus far.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
At about the 3-minute mark in the 4th. Suns were only down 5. Ten seconds later KCP hit a 3.

SMH

SO THESE nikkaS COMPLETELY
ABANDONED THE GAME PLAN
AND ONLY LET THE MAN GET
UP 2 SHOTS IN THE 2ND HALF
WHEN ITS CLEAR FROM
THE 14PT QUARTER THEY WERE GASSED.

:devil:
:evil:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter