John Singleton's 'Snowfall' Season 1 Thread

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
just finished the season yesterday :flabbynsick:, but the game turned Franklin to an animal. I'm just waiting to see how he cuts the Jewish dudes out and gets his bricks straight from the CIA/Cali Cartel. Pretty cool show - will def check out next season

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
just finished this, (I know super late) great great show, it is a story that isn't exactly new but I would like to find someone say it isn't compelling viewing. Really great cast of characters, the lead and the wrestler being my favourite (even tho the former is a bit of a knucklehead). Only gripes is the cac DEA storyline, erm I take it his role will be more significant down the line cuz that was a bit of a wild goose chase. And lastly thought this was going to be based on true events? I was led to believe crack was created by a cac and then distributed to the hoods for profit/destruction of black communities.. According to this it was RZA, false advertising

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
just finished this, (I know super late) great great show, it is a story that isn't exactly new but I would like to find someone say it isn't compelling viewing. Really great cast off characters, the lead and the wrestling being my favourite (even the the former is a bit of a knucklehead). Only gripes is the cac DEA storyline, erm I take it his role will be more significant down the line cuz that was a bit of a wild goose chase. And lastly thought this was going to be based on true events? I was led to believe crack was created by a cac and then distributed to the hoods for profit/destruction of black communities.. According to this it was RZA, false advertising
Uh no RZA character may have done it first but Franklin is Freeway Ricky Ross and is gonna take that shyt nationwide.
And I think the DEA storyline is trying to put a sympathetic face on our corrupt government and their role in spreading the epidemic. The actor sucks to.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Uh no RZA character may have done it first but Franklin is Freeway Ricky Ross and is gonna take that shyt nationwide.
And I think the DEA storyline is trying to put a sympathetic face on our corrupt government and their role in spreading the epidemic. The actor sucks to.
the only thing that would make him sympathetic is that hes a cac and the main watchers of the show will identify with him by default but he was by no means sympathetic or painted in a good light. His actions in the bathroom were so lame and so typical of american television but notwithstanding hes a snake. And I agree on his acting I think his lack of being able to emote made him seem more cold and cunning tho. In most situations he just had the same deadpan face:dwillhuh:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
started off slow but last 3 episodes showed me this show has potential
lol sans one or 2 episodes in the middle I thought it was strong through the whole way don't know why the end is being gassed up so much. The stuff with lenny turning on ray ray and Pedro's dad letting Gustavo see his niece (one last time) didn't feel natural at all. And his uncle's girl and the club chick being lesbos from back in the day was just pure soap opera fukkery. Now shes scheming to take the club?:why: like where did that come from? shes been shown to be a prostitute/underling not someone with business acumen. Felt rushed to me

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Freeway rick was on the roll out show (speedys comedy corner) and he's not happy singleton didn't involve him in this.
Yeah i saw his Funk Flex interview a couple weeks ago and I'd be pissed too if i nikka is telling my story,making money off it,but trying to claim its not my story

Singleton really on some fukk shyt