John Singletons 7 children will split his $6 million dollar estate

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ya’ll really don’t know how it works as director/producers

Most directors don’t OWN the IP’s for the films they direct. Even if they wrote/directed/and produced them they don’t OWN that film or its characters, the studio does. John Singleton was a major studio director, meaning EVERY film he made was owned by the studio and unless he negotiated for points on the back end, then he was paid an upfront fee and afterwards thats pretty much it

His highest grossing film was 2 Fast 2 Furious, and I highly doubt he had the clout at the time that film was made to get any back end grosses. Snowfall was a hit show but it was still niche, on a cable channel, that premiered during a time period when the industry was moving towards streaming. If he was able to negotiate even $75K an episode that would have been looked at as a W (for comparison, Donald Glover, who created, wrote, directed, AND starred in Atlanta, which also premiered on FX, was only paid $75K an episode for the series first two seasons)

He only directed 9 films during his lifetime, many of them black themed character dramas. He directed a few sporadic episodes of television not including Snowfall and produced 3 films. Trust me with him focusing on non-blockbuster, black dramas a $6 Million estate is damn good indeed.

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
LOL @ acting like 6 mill. ain't a lot of money.

People spending their days reading about these billionaires really distorted their view of money.

I remember a poster here saying that 1 million was not 'life changing money' :mjlol:

Facts

And nikka probably making $45,000 a year

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn his films have grossed nearly 700 million during his career, and he only got paid 6 from that?

just for comparison, scarlett johanssen got paid 100 million for that black widow which only grossed 380 million and she still complained about being underpaid.
Net worth is not calculated by what you have been paid.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
aside from 1M in a retirement account and house that we don’t know was mortgaged or not. He was broke.

31k liquid, he couldn’t finance a project if he wanted too. He was living project to project. Sad part is snowfall could have changed that

Last edited:

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Here we go

John Singleton’s mom has objected to his adult daughter’s demand that she continues to be paid $2,700 per month for school — despite claims she graduated in 2021, RadarOnline.com has learned.:francis:

Majority of these Hollywood children are lazy and just want to eat off their famous parents money for life and throw it away on material shyt or trying to open a bullshyt business

I remember people on here mad at Jackie Chan for saying he’s not leaving his kid shyt.. he know that wealth would be gone within 10 years

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I’m sorry

But John took care of his kids , his children mothers and everyone else when he was alive and u never heard about him complaining about his finances like u nikkas are doing … he also tried his hardest from blacks to get into Hollywood and tell our stories and be represented which the Cacs in Hollywood didn’t like because they wanted him to play under they rules…

So now John is gone, his family the one’s complaining about what they deserve don’t deserve shyt, because u should have follow your own path and build something for u instead of waiting on John mama to give u bread…

And for the coli nikkas complaining about well he only had this much, u and me both don’t know where his money was going to

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Snowfall was a basic cable show on FX that averaged around 600K viewers and was pretty low budget for the most part.
John probably sold it for a few hundred thousand and had to share that with the 2 other creators of the show.
He probably received a salary from FX to write and produce it after that which kept his Hollywood lifestyle going but it would not have lead to generational wealth.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
most celebs/ball players/musicians aint living like you think.

I grew up in an influential area and most are just rich (a few million in the bank).
Absolutely this.

I figured this out being to close the music industry at one point. Especially recently many producers mention it and you can tell by the way they're living if you're familiar with the areas they stay over or get spotted at.

Like if you get an advance for $2 mil by a label, that means you have $2 mil for your next releases. Hiring music video directors, personnel, costs for video, etc. will fall on you in addition to studio time and everything for the follow-up releases. If those releases don't hit, you're still going to owe the money.

Got folks like Future selling their entire catalog for $75 mil. Those are great numbers, but far from NFL and NBA money.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Here we go

John Singleton’s mom has objected to his adult daughter’s demand that she continues to be paid $2,700 per month for school — despite claims she graduated in 2021, RadarOnline.com has learned.:francis:

Majority of these Hollywood children are lazy and just want to eat off their famous parents money for life and throw it away on material shyt or trying to open a bullshyt business

I remember people on here mad at Jackie Chan for saying he’s not leaving his kid shyt.. he know that wealth would be gone within 10 years
Not even bullshytting, because I like to plan ahead I was thinking about the area to buy a house and one factor was I want an area that has good schools for my kids.

When I looked at public schools through Beverly Hills/Hollywood and the surrounding areas many parents (some I know) were like "Don't send your kid here. My son/daughter was fine until they started to get real spoiled when they were around their classmates. Those kids are warped." I know someone personally who bought their kid a brand new Toyota Camry and they threw a fit because it wasn't a BMW. These are honest, good-working people and tried raising their kids the right way but those kids were surrounded by entitlement because of their circle of friends. Some of their kids are now doing fine, others are still figuring things out and it's tough because they don't have the same resources as those more wealthy parents to support their kids.

Like all schools you'll get a mix of people, but "those" kids at these schools with rich parents are on a whole other wave in if your kid mixes with them and you come from modest resources.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Snowfall was a basic cable show on FX that averaged around 600K viewers and was pretty low budget for the most part.
John probably sold it for a few hundred thousand and had to share that with the 2 other creators of the show.
He probably received a salary from FX to write and produce it after that which kept his Hollywood lifestyle going but it would not have lead to generational wealth.
Did he have a Hollywood lifestyle? He lived in Baldwin hills which isn’t where “Hollywood” types live. He owned a 10 year old car and a 20 year old car.

Nothing about him gave me the impression he was living Hollywood

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Did he have a Hollywood lifestyle? He lived in Baldwin hills which isn’t where “Hollywood” types live. He owned a 10 year old car and a 20 year old car.

Nothing about him gave me the impression he was living Hollywood
His version of a Hollywood Lifestyle is different then say Quicy Jones who owns a whole neighborhood but he still had one. Isn't Baldwin Hills considered "Black Beverly Hills" where all the black celebs used to live? His house was 5000 square feet on a hill that has a view of LA and it sold for $1.6M but Hollywood Lifestyle is more than a house and cars. He did business there which costs money. I'm sure he had to finance projects that never went anyhere and we don't even know about. I'm sure all his kids went to nice schools, etc, etc. He had a boat in LA, that costs money. He had to show up to events and parties. All this is a part of the entertainment business there and all that all costs money.