John Singletons 7 children will split his $6 million dollar estate

Daps
I wanted to research other black directors just to see what they are worth (all same website)

12 MIl for F Gary Gray

Spike is 60 mil
Jordan peele is 50 mil
Ryan coogler 25 mil
Ava Duvernay 60 mil

Those are online net worth guesstimate nimbers. If they were to pass away today I bet the real numbers of what they actually have to be split would be a lot lower

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The avengers movies are probably way bigger than anything singleton did. Scarlett Jo is an a-list actress

Apples and oranges. Yall need to stay objective
you right, but i'm just trying to find someone with a body of work that is worth 700 million, who net worth is also less than 1% of that.
I doubt that is common in hollywood

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
you right, but i'm just trying to find someone with a body of work that is worth 700 million, who net worth is also less than 1% of that.
I doubt that is common in hollywood

He may not have had much assets outside his salary :manny: . It is what it is

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Black directors pockets isn’t near the same as their white counterparts on the same level…..plus even though films might have done well off a certain budgets there are other people involved in making the film need to get paid…

RIP John and glad the kids will get a little something

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This actually does make sense and it’s not like he BROKE. He obviously lived life and spent millions over the years, this is just what’s left.

As the co-creator, director, writer and producer of Snowfall Id think he’d get a bigger check cut but that money from the success of the show probably came in after he passed.