John Boyega in "Imperial Dreams" (Official Trailer) | Netflix (Feb 3)

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
But your simple Simon ass had no problem with Rey being able to do just about anything with no damn explanation, but Finn can't be Space Jason Bourne fukk outta here.

:mjlol:@ a character who's never been in a damn ship before knowing how it works better than the actual owner. Goddamn that movie was trash.

Finn has the same backstory as Jason Bourne, trained soldier goes missing and is then hunted by his former captors. However one character was actually an action hero and used his skills to combat his captors and others, whilst the had no damn skills at all, always wanted to run and constantly had to cry for help "REEEEEYY:damn:" POEEEE:damn:" :camby:
Rey is literally a female Luke/Anakin, "the force" is used as a deus ex machina device routinely. Rey is a scavenger, why would it be surprising that she has knowledge of ships? In the novelization it says she used to sneak into Unkar Plutt's junkyard and mess around in the ships. In the prequel novel to the film Rey is scavenging and finds a flight simulator program that she trained with. Anakin and Luke were both gifted pilots at extremely young ages with limited experience. And please don't tell me that none of this counts because it was written in a fukking book. This film would be over 4 hours if they included every explanation to everything you fools complain about. Finn does NOT have the same backstory as jason bourne. Bourne had been on numerous missions before his "awakening". The film opens with Finn's first mission ever. Finn is a rookie stormtrooper. Not some trained assassin.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
people expected it because we saw giant posters like this

2016-01-30-1454174657-6917214-johnboyegafinnstarwarsposter.jpg

thats our fault tho for expecting hollywood to let the black man be something other than a comedic relief garbage man though :yeshrug:
yeah sorry that your expectations were based on a few posters of Finn using a lightsaber (which he uses in the film). Also, can I get an explanation on how a character being comedic is a negative? And he wasn't the only comedy in the film, it wasn't like everyone else was super serious and he was some goofball.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
yeah sorry that your expectations were based on a few posters of Finn using a lightsaber (which he uses in the film). Also, can I get an explanation on how a character being comedic is a negative? And he wasn't the only comedy in the film, it wasn't like everyone else was super serious and he was some goofball.
:jbhmm:

I'm white myself by the way. And I will always call other white people out on their racism or hypocrisy. Not that it actually changes their minds, unfortunately. I can't even imagine how minorities feel right now. Trump scares the shyt out of me and I know I'll be a "protected" class of individuals due to me being a white male.
if only you could translate this into understanding why black people would like to be something other than the comedic relief space garbage man after having posters plastered everywhere alluding that they would have an actual hero to be proud of in a major franchise

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:jbhmm:

if only you could translate this into understanding why black people would like to be something other than the comedic relief space garbage man after having posters plastered everywhere alluding that they would have an actual hero to be proud of in a major franchise
He was a hero. Without him the rebellion would've been defeated.

doublex

Pro
Daps
I'm white myself by the way. And I will always call other white people out on their racism or hypocrisy. Not that it actually changes their minds, unfortunately. I can't even imagine how minorities feel right now. Trump scares the shyt out of me and I know I'll be a "protected" class of individuals due to me being a white male.

Thanks for this; now we see the true reason this guy doesn't give a fukk about yet ANOTHER Hollywood movie where the only black character is unintelligent, unskilled, powerless, and holds no authority.

Of course a white man wouldn't give a shyt that Finn starts the movie a runaway slave and ends it owning NOTHING, not even his name or the clothes on his back. That he gets knocked down again and again and finally ends the movie by getting knocked all the way the fukk out, and stays out.

These white moviegoers not only don't mind this shyt, they relish it. Disgusting.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The only reason they made Finn out to be weak was because of the white nerds out there making a backlash on the hero not being white... :yeshrug:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
@Sensitive Blake Griffin you didn't mind that the reintroduction of Anakin's /Luke's lightsaber was followed by an unnamed Stormtrooper whooping Finn's ass?

Of all the things you could argue build his character or add comedy, surely that was not necessary...

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
@Sensitive Blake Griffin you didn't mind that the reintroduction of Anakin's /Luke's lightsaber was followed by an unnamed Stormtrooper whooping Finn's ass?

Of all the things you could argue build his character or add comedy, surely that was not necessary...
didnt you read the books, of course the stormtrooper had a name :dame:

just forget that its a giant running joke that the stormtroopers are so inaccurate and easily dispatched that they are basically useless, except for when they fight a black man :dame:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
People discussing the wackness of Finn over a year later....
Here's the best way to kill the Finn logic.

When the original Star Wars dropped. Men wanted wanted to be Luke or Han. Women wanted to be Leia.

NOBODY wants to be Finn. I never hear any of the new Star Wars fans say that. All the Star Wars boards/forums ignore him and only focus on Rey, Poe, Kylo, Luke, etc.

That right there is proof that he was a failure for the 1st film. The biggest thing that came away from TFA about Finn was the "bromance" between him and Poe.

Yeah, I heard that his toy sales were straight pitiful....this dude is more disrespected than Jar Jar....:mjlol:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
People discussing the wackness of Finn over a year later....

Yeah, I heard that his toy sales were straight pitiful....this dude is more disrespected than Jar Jar....:mjlol:

Him and the main chicks all had terrible toy sales :skip: