John Boyega in "Imperial Dreams" (Official Trailer) | Netflix (Feb 3)

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How about for him not to be the ONLY character who takes nothing but L's throughout the entire film?

Poe blows up Death Star 3.0, Rey defeats Darth Vader 2.0, Finn gets ktfo. There is no excuse not to give him some kind of victory in his introductory film. It makes him look like the bottom of the barrel to be embarrassed over and over again while the other two heroes are shining.

And all this "wait" shyt is BS. Rey started the first movie as a scavenger and ended it a jedi knight because God forbid white women not get exactly what they want on Day 1. But black fans are supposed to be patient? Please.

Anyway, I like Boyega and will support Imperial Dreams. At least in this one I know he's not just being used to make a white woman look superior.

The fukk are you talking about? We got shown numerous times that Rey AND Poe would have gotten destroyed without Finn around. Finn is the reason Poe isn't dead because he saved him.

Rey would have been getting mind-fukked by Snokes because Kylo literally beat her ass (Twice) in a single goddamn move. Kylo literally knocked her unconscious and it was Finn that fought off a vastly more experienced Kylo.

Whats a "win"? Finn is the one who got Phasma to lower the shields of Star Killer, Finn is the one who manipulated the Resistence to save his friends, Finn is the person who literally showed the most tactical knowledge of anyone in the entire movie, etc.

How did Rey do better then him when she wasn't even able to fight Kylo (A Kylo that was also holding back and injured) who served her instant Ls?

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am a woman, idiot. "Doublex", get it?

I don't like seeing the sole black character being depicted as a goofy clown over and over while the white characters get to be the geniuses with magical powers who win every fight.

But I guess you're so used to looking like a fool that you don't even recognize it anymore.

Finn wasn't depicted as a goofy clown. He was actually depicted as the most tactically knowledgable despite his first live battle being that escape from First Order. They actually went out of their way to show that Finn is a natural leader and a natural soldier.

-Finn is the first storm trooper that was able to overpower the mental conditioning of the First Order despite it being his entire life as a child soldier. Finn's moral conscious is so strong hat it even struck Kylo Ren as strange.

-Finn instantly picked up on a variety of gunner controls, in a variety of ships, and performed so well that it caught the respect of the best pilot in the resistance. He was blowing enemy ships out the sky in his first battle ever.

-Finn came up with the idea to flood the ship with gas when he didn't know who was coming aboard the Falcon and Rey follows his lead because she panicked. It turned out to be Han but it still showed Finn's quick thinking and tactical knowledge

-Finn fooled the resistance and, again, showed the most moral compass even compared to the good guys when he put saving his friends over the mission.

-Finn was actually creating the tactics and ordering Han/Chewie around Starkiller base when it came to the battles. Han had no problem following his lead but we see that Rey already escaped.

Rey is a genius but she got instantly smoked and would be captured, again, had Finn not decided to stand against the face of the Order that raised him (Literally, what he was brought up to view as royalty).

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
How? :gucci:

Finn wasn't a clown at all. People start asking for black characters that ain't magical negros, hypermasculine thugs, or some type of goofy stereotypes and then shyt on them.

-Finn has one of the strongest moral compasses in the entire Star Wars universe and showed numerous tactical knowledge throughout the entire movie

Dude showed a couple of emotions that weren't stoic badass, cared about his saving people more than the mission, and drunk from the only source of water he saw (Finn is a damn child soldier who knew almost nothing but the universe outside of the Space Nazi program that raised him).

God forbid Finn show human emotions like fear (Finn has seen the First Order systematically murder innocent civilians that offered no threat) even if he fights through it. Rey did the same shyt and ended up getting fukking ass-smashed by Kylo but that didn't make her a clown.

Finn was there to hold Rey's bags and make her look good at every turn you simple Simon-ass motherfukker.

:scust:@ anyone even attempting to defend this bullshyt

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Finn got fukked over character wise for sure, but let's not take it next level and call the fam useless, because that he was not. :francis:
Homie was damn near about to leave ol'girl to die alone mid-movie too, so you know there was a lil'HOH in him.

But ayo, @doublex what does the word "doublex" have to do with you being a woman? I didn't quite get the logic behind that assertion of yours. :lupe:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Finn got fukked over character wise for sure, but let's not take it next level and call the fam useless, because that he was not. :francis:
Homie was damn near about to leave ol'girl to die alone mid-movie too, so you know there was a lil'HOH in him.

But ayo, @doublex what does the word "doublex" have to do with you being a woman? I didn't quite get the logic behind that assertion of yours. :lupe:
women have two x chromosomes

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
@Ziggiy @Box Cutta do we gotta get on these nikkas heads again :mjlol:
Is this a joke? :gucci:
I'm guessing neither of you bothered reading the Star Wars TFA prequel book. Finn is a brand new cadet. He's not even a full fledged stormtrooper, the first scene was his first time in combat. This character would've been written the same regardless of the actor that played it.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm guessing neither of you bothered reading the Star Wars TFA prequel book. Finn is a brand new cadet. He's not even a full fledged stormtrooper, the first scene was his first time in combat. This character would've been written the same regardless of the actor that played it.

6496d8f45a768d3b756700e21ca3bc92.png
@ your simple Simon-ass talking about "books" that have zero bearing on the movie and what's shown on-screen.

Finn was an emasculated friendzoned bytch! who was solely there to hold Rey's bags and make her look good by being an incompetent scared buffoon at every turn. That's why he always sweating and worrying "bu-bu-but he's human :skip:"

Dude got tasered (in space and a galaxy far far away:gucci:) and then followed up with "Droid Please" :gucci: "bu-bu-but it would have been written the same with a different actor" shut your nut ass up :mjlol:.

He was a terrified runaway slave when he could have been Space Jason Bourne.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Don't even get me started....

I will NEVER watch another Star Wars related ANYTHING ever again

what if he bosses up in Episode 8?

I wasn't as bothered by Finn as ya'll were. I liked him for the most part. Thought he was little wimpy at times, but also brave at times. He felt like a real character.

While I don't want black characters being depicted as mindful savage thugs, I also don't want them being depicted as spineless cowards. He was neither. He had nuance and felt like a real character, which is all too rare for black ones.

They coulda gave him a sister instead of becky sue tho :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
what if he bosses up in Episode 8?

I wasn't as bothered by Finn as ya'll were. I liked him for the most part. Thought he was little wimpy at times, but also brave at times. He felt like a real character.

While I don't want black characters being depicted as mindful savage thugs, I also don't want them being depicted as spineless cowards. He was neither. He had nuance and felt like a real character, which is all too rare for black ones.

They coulda gave him a sister instead of becky sue tho :mjpls:

fukk episode 8. I've stayed far away from any Star Wars related anything until I was mentioned in here. They pulled off the biggest bullshyt twist in recent history in my opinion. Had the boy Finn ALL up in the trailers and promos wielding a light saber with the "destiny awakens" tag only for him to end up in a COMA.

He's the absolute WORST "lead" human character in Star Wars history and a joke of a protagonist. They fooled me once, they ain't getting me again. Y'all can have it.

Especially since The Gawd Ryan Coogler is about to give us a REAL black hero in Black Panther. That's the only movie on my radar right now. February 2018 I'm going to see BP at least 10 times