John Boyega in "Imperial Dreams" (Official Trailer) | Netflix (Feb 3)

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This looks good and I'm glad to see Boyega getting more work, but DAMN am I tired of seeing this same fukking story.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's the best way to kill the Finn logic.

When the original Star Wars dropped. Men wanted wanted to be Luke or Han. Women wanted to be Leia.

NOBODY wants to be Finn. I never hear any of the new Star Wars fans say that. All the Star Wars boards/forums ignore him and only focus on Rey, Poe, Kylo, Luke, etc.

That right there is proof that he was a failure for the 1st film. The biggest thing that came away from TFA about Finn was the "bromance" between him and Poe.

Disney fukked with Black fans and did a serious bait and switch with Finn. We were constantly being fed images of Finn with a lightsaber and were led to believe he was a Jedi or was at the very least force sensitive. The movie came out and it turned out all of Finn's lightsaber action was in the trailer and the guy was mostly comic relief, it seemed like he didn't know how to do anything right, which is weird considering in the novels he's portrayed as being an elite stormtrooper.

People aint fukking with Finn because Disney set these high ass expectations knowing damn well the character was going to be comic relief.

86\*/98

Chef Will Equilibrar Òkùnkùn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sparking blunts in the shade.
This looks good and I'm glad to see Boyega getting more work, but DAMN am I tired of seeing this same fukking story.

Yeah, it was the same story but it was the real version. It had the same characters, but they were fully fleshed out and authentic. I recommend watching this. It gets an 8/10 from me.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Disney fukked with Black fans and did a serious bait and switch with Finn. We were constantly being fed images of Finn with a lightsaber and were led to believe he was a Jedi or was at the very least force sensitive. The movie came out and it turned out all of Finn's lightsaber action was in the trailer and the guy was mostly comic relief, it seemed like he didn't know how to do anything right, which is weird considering in the novels he's portrayed as being an elite stormtrooper.

People aint fukking with Finn because Disney set these high ass expectations knowing damn well the character was going to be comic relief.
I'm not disputing the misleading marketing with the lightsaber shyt but why would you just assume Finn isn't force sensitive? How did he break his stormtrooper programming? I personally think he is force sensitive. And which Novels are you speaking about? Finn was a rookie stormtrooper on his first mission in TFA so I don't know what novels you're referring to.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not disputing the misleading marketing with the lightsaber shyt but why would you just assume Finn isn't force sensitive? How did he break his stormtrooper programming? I personally think he is force sensitive.

Much of the movie is explained as the force guiding people to be where they need to be and to do things. A person doesn't have to be force sensitive in order to be manipulated by the force. The force guided Finn to Jakku in order to get Rey off the planet.

And which Novels are you speaking about? Finn was a rookie stormtrooper on his first mission in TFA so I don't know what novels you're referring to.

In the Novel "Before the Awakening" Finn was described as being one of the top soldiers in his class and was being groomed for potentially being an officer down the line. One of the reasons Phasma was on him so much in the movie was because of the potential she saw in him. In the novel they even made it a point to say that Finn consistently scored in the top of his class when it came to marksmanship and other training exercises. He was supposed to be one of the best but we saw none of that in the film.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Just watched it... this was a dope little flick but it could have been better by getting more in depth with the storyline towards the end.... It felt incomplete..... I was def feeling how the movie shows the struggle of black men who try to do right are set up by the system to fail..... as a black father myself I felt for homie when he was trying to do right by his son despite the hurdles.... when they took his son I held back a little.... :mjcry:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Boyega did a GREAT job with this character :wow:

The movie itself was ok, typical genre story with no real twists other than the usual. Boyega definitely put the movie on his back, made me believe he was really going through it :mjcry:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Ghetto ass Persuit of Happyness movie :mjlol:

With that said good movie :ehh:

Bit every we here this nikka narrating his book all I could help was :russell:

Like nikka shyt the fukk up that supposed to be deep

Last edited: