John Boyega in "Imperial Dreams" (Official Trailer) | Netflix (Feb 3)

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Brehski's they gave Finn ANAKIN'S/LUKE'S lightsaber in what was an epic scene, had him light it up on the posters and everything.

And then had him proceed to get his ass whooped not by captain Phasma, not by Kylo Ren (well that came later as welll) but by a random fukking stormtrooper.

You can say all you want about character development and his accomplishments, but this was too much for me - the reintroduction of the lightsaber that saw the Clone Wars, killed Dooku and hundreds of Jedi, Obi-Wan took after an epic fight with Vader on a lava planet, gave to Luke 20 years later and Luke became a Jedi with it, lost it in am epic fight with Darth Vader, and then the first time we see someone use it he loses a fight against a MUTHAFUKKING STORMTROOPER.

Get the fukk outta here :camby:

Not just for his character but it would've helped the story if he won as it's a better set up for him fighting Kylo later on.

Vice City

Rookie
Daps
How about for him not to be the ONLY character who takes nothing but L's throughout the entire film?

Poe blows up Death Star 3.0, Rey defeats Darth Vader 2.0, Finn gets ktfo. There is no excuse not to give him some kind of victory in his introductory film. It makes him look like the bottom of the barrel to be embarrassed over and over again while the other two heroes are shining.

And all this "wait" shyt is BS. Rey started the first movie as a scavenger and ended it a jedi knight because God forbid white women not get exactly what they want on Day 1. But black fans are supposed to be patient? Please.

Anyway, I like Boyega and will support Imperial Dreams. At least in this one I know he's not just being used to make a white woman look superior.

We saw 2 different movies,i'm tired of these Tariq Nasheed nuthuggers :heh:

It's that "Because Tariq Nasheed said so" mentality :camby:

doublex

Pro
Daps
Especially since The Gawd Ryan Coogler is about to give us a REAL black hero in Black Panther. That's the only movie on my radar right now. February 2018 I'm going to see BP at least 10 times

Exactly: Why the hell should any self-respecting black person settle for Finn when we could support a film with a powerful, intelligent, strong black king??

Sorry Hollywood, the bumbling black sidekick is just not going to cut it anymore. I'm done with these black characters who exist to be laughed at and are inferior to their white co-leads in every way.

To go back to Boyega, I'm ready to support him in the Pacific Rim sequel too because I know, as a producer, he actually has the power to make sure this character is treated with some dignity.

news-00102951john-boyega-pacific-rim-maelstrom-set-02.jpg

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Exactly: Why the hell should any self-respecting black person settle for Finn when we could support a film with a powerful, intelligent, strong black king??

Sorry Hollywood, the bumbling black sidekick is just not going to cut it anymore. I'm done with these black characters who exist to be laughed at and are inferior to their white co-leads in every way.

To go back to Boyega, I'm ready to support him in the Pacific Rim sequel too because I know, as a producer, he actually has the power to make sure this character is treated with some dignity.

news-00102951john-boyega-pacific-rim-maelstrom-set-02.jpg
Here's the best way to kill the Finn logic.

When the original Star Wars dropped. Men wanted wanted to be Luke or Han. Women wanted to be Leia.

NOBODY wants to be Finn. I never hear any of the new Star Wars fans say that. All the Star Wars boards/forums ignore him and only focus on Rey, Poe, Kylo, Luke, etc.

That right there is proof that he was a failure for the 1st film. The biggest thing that came away from TFA about Finn was the "bromance" between him and Poe.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
fukk episode 8. I've stayed far away from any Star Wars related anything until I was mentioned in here. They pulled off the biggest bullshyt twist in recent history in my opinion. Had the boy Finn ALL up in the trailers and promos wielding a light saber with the "destiny awakens" tag only for him to end up in a COMA.

He's the absolute WORST "lead" human character in Star Wars history and a joke of a protagonist. They fooled me once, they ain't getting me again. Y'all can have it.

Especially since The Gawd Ryan Coogler is about to give us a REAL black hero in Black Panther. That's the only movie on my radar right now. February 2018 I'm going to see BP at least 10 times
They really were giving brehs hope with Finn :wow::mjcry:

Brehski's they gave Finn ANAKIN'S/LUKE'S lightsaber in what was an epic scene, had him light it up on the posters and everything.

And then had him proceed to get his ass whooped not by captain Phasma, not by Kylo Ren (well that came later as welll) but by a random fukking stormtrooper.

You can say all you want about character development and his accomplishments, but this was too much for me - the reintroduction of the lightsaber that saw the Clone Wars, killed Dooku and hundreds of Jedi, Obi-Wan took after an epic fight with Vader on a lava planet, gave to Luke 20 years later and Luke became a Jedi with it, lost it in am epic fight with Darth Vader, and then the first time we see someone use it he loses a fight against a MUTHAFUKKING STORMTROOPER.

Get the fukk outta here :camby:

Not just for his character but it would've helped the story if he won as it's a better set up for him fighting Kylo later on.
Its why I primarily blame JJ as a director.
We had two hopes going into the film. Either Finn was the next Luke or the next Han. He turned out to be neither. He didn't have next and he wasn't even cool.
JJ's handling of this character was abysmal. You can have a character that has a lot of room to grow without making him the butt of jokes/disrespect. Just a damn shame.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
6496d8f45a768d3b756700e21ca3bc92.png
@ your simple Simon-ass talking about "books" that have zero bearing on the movie and what's shown on-screen.

Finn was an emasculated friendzoned bytch! who was solely there to hold Rey's bags and make her look good by being an incompetent scared buffoon at every turn. That's why he always sweating and worrying "bu-bu-but he's human :skip:"

Dude got tasered (in space and a galaxy far far away:gucci:) and then followed up with "Droid Please" :gucci: "bu-bu-but it would have been written the same with a different actor" shut your nut ass up :mjlol:.

He was a terrified runaway slave when he could have been Space Jason Bourne.
So you expected a brand new stormtrooper cadet to be a "Space Jason Bourne"??????????? Just because you expect something from a certain character doesn't mean thats how it should've been. This is why you don't direct movies. A space jason bourne, are you fukking kidding me?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

When the original Star Wars dropped. Men wanted wanted to be Luke or Han. Women wanted to be Leia.

NOBODY wants to be Finn. I never hear any of the new Star Wars fans say that. All the Star Wars boards/forums ignore him and only focus on Rey, Poe, Kylo, Luke, etc.

That right there is proof that he was a failure for the 1st film. The biggest thing that came away from TFA about Finn was the "bromance" between him and Poe.
how many children have you talked to about TFA and who they "want" to be? :russ: Every star wars forum ignores Finn? Really? You went to every single star wars forum and saw zero posts about Finn?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Yep. That deads all of that shyt. nobody NOBODY talked about Finn after that movie. Hell people talk about Phasma more. Nobody wanna imagine themselves as that dude. I mean fukk.. white dudes were bytching about dude before the movie, but after.. you didn't hear a peep.

And the advertisements were such a bait&switch

Folk in here still :cape: for Finn. Talking about "He has such a powerful moral center" like breh gtfo here with that shyt :camby:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
looks like the hood version of Pursuit of Happyness but i'll still check it out

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
So you expected a brand new stormtrooper cadet to be a "Space Jason Bourne"??????????? Just because you expect something from a certain character doesn't mean thats how it should've been. This is why you don't direct movies. A space jason bourne, are you fukking kidding me?

But your simple Simon ass had no problem with Rey being able to do just about anything with no damn explanation, but Finn can't be Space Jason Bourne fukk outta here.

:mjlol:@ a character who's never been in a damn ship before knowing how it works better than the actual owner. Goddamn that movie was trash.

Finn has the same backstory as Jason Bourne, trained soldier goes missing and is then hunted by his former captors. However one character was actually an action hero and used his skills to combat his captors and others, whilst the had no damn skills at all, always wanted to run and constantly had to cry for help "REEEEEYY:damn:" POEEEE:damn:" :camby:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Yep. That deads all of that shyt. nobody NOBODY talked about Finn after that movie. Hell people talk about Phasma more. Nobody wanna imagine themselves as that dude. I mean fukk.. white dudes were bytching about dude before the movie, but after.. you didn't hear a peep.

And the advertisements were such a bait&switch

Folk in here still :cape: for Finn. Talking about "He has such a powerful moral center" like breh gtfo here with that shyt :camby:
Forgot about that :wow:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

wrong :umad: i seen kids running around on Halloween with trashbags (ultra flex Hefty, not that dollar store bullshyt) yelling out Reyyyy :umad:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
people expected it because we saw giant posters like this

2016-01-30-1454174657-6917214-johnboyegafinnstarwarsposter.jpg

thats our fault tho for expecting hollywood to let the black man be something other than a comedic relief garbage man though :yeshrug: