John Boyega cast as Lead of Pacific Rim 2

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thought the first movie was wack. Del Toro has a problem with making his movies in English compelling.

Having said that, people are right about it being a throw back to all them low budget "monster" movies. It's why the movie killed overseas.

I will check out the second one.

Fred.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Pacific Rim was lame. The movie got really boring at times.
The only good take away was the CG graphics and robots. I love mechanized robots, but they need to step up on the writing or this movie is gonna be "straight-to-DVD" material. And could possibly ruin Boyega's career, kind of like how Snow Dogs did in Cuba Gooding Jr.s career.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I thoroughly enjoyed the first one. Del Toro will always get my money. Pretty awesome world building.

Off topic but on topic, been a minute since I've seen Pan's Labrynth. Needs to watch ft
i feel like they dropped the ball on world building. it would have been dope to see the backgrounds and more out of all the other countries robots. it was straight but its up there with promethus for me on the list of movies i want to love but cant because of how much they dropped the ball

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Hopefully, they write a good script for this can't have John Boyega out there looking silly in two sci-fi franchises. :sadcam:
Disney better make him a Jedi in this new trilogy or make him more competent going forward or else :ufdup: