John Boyega cast as Lead of Pacific Rim 2

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Pacific Rim was lame. The movie got really boring at times.
The only good take away was the CG graphics and robots. I love mechanized robots, but they need to step up on the writing or this movie is gonna be "straight-to-DVD" material. And could possibly ruin Boyega's career, kind of like how Snow Dogs did in Cuba Gooding Jr.s career.

A little dramatic there don't you think?

doublex

Pro
Daps
The only good take away was the CG graphics and robots. I love mechanized robots, but they need to step up on the writing or this movie is gonna be "straight-to-DVD" material. And could possibly ruin Boyega's career, kind of like how Snow Dogs did in Cuba Gooding Jr.s career.

Star Wars could ruin his career (as it has everyone's except Harrison Ford's). He's just got to keep hustling, keep getting tentpoles and hope for the best.This is a good sign for him that he even got this chance. How many black actors are getting lead roles in sci fi blockbusters in this racist-ass industry?

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
But to say that he's going to ruin his career is a wild dramatic.
That's true. But if they have bad writing, that can make an actor look bad, and then that actor's value goes down. That's why some actors turn down roles. They don't want to do a proverbial "Snow Dogs" even though it pays well.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The first one was garbage. No chance I'm seeing this in theaters. Might take a flyer on it once it hits Redbox or Netflix/Prime.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps

Did you watch Snow Dogs?

Pacific Rim ain't Snow Dogs. It doesn't even have the potential to be. Didn't really care for the movie myself but that's a bit much.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Pacific Rim ain't Snow Dogs. It doesn't even have the potential to be. Didn't really care for the movie myself but that's a bit much.
Pacific Rim 2 could be Snow Dogs, but with mecha robots instead of huskies. :lolbron:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Pacific Rim 2 could be Snow Dogs, but with mecha robots instead of huskies. :lolbron:

I'm trying my damnedest to picture that lol.

The best joke in Snow Dogs is where Cuba Gooding Jr is trying to contemplate how his dad got struck by thunder. Everyone else just accepts it but it makes me laugh every time.

Also, if they make the movie about the right person this time instead of boring ass Charlie Hunnam, it could be great.

This shyt right here is the best scene in the movie and it's just wonderful

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
This is probably the first time I can't understand why people hate a movie. :dwillhuh:

The first one was entertaining as hell to me :manny:
I...

Have to agree. shyt was obviously just fun with giant robots fighting monsters and it literally gave you exactly what it advertised. Can't make any complaints really because at first I thought it was going to be trash and then I watched it online.