John Boyega cast as Lead of Pacific Rim 2

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
No. It's the apocalypse that was cancelled.
dLQEUOJ.gif

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Like I said when it dropped: had michael bay dropped that flick everyone would be crucifying it calling it trash but because it had Del Toro's name attached to it, it got a pass

:mjlol:

If Bay directed it there would have been

Casual racism
The main chick would have been a blonde with 4 different ass shots
800% more product placement
6 shots of an American flag
The dog fukking random things/people
Monsters that all look alike
Robots that all look alike
Incoherent action
Idris Elba would be the wacky parent

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:mjlol:

If Bay directed it there would have been

Casual racism
The main chick would have been a blonde with 4 different ass shots
800% more product placement
6 shots of an American flag
The dog fukking random things/people
Monsters that all look alike
Robots that all look alike
Incoherent action
Idris Elba would be the wacky parent

Oh I'm not saying the man is perfect or a saint I'm just making the point that this movie wasn't any smarter than his big dumb robot movies nor was it anymore compelling

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
:francis:
I'm happy for him I guess. But I kinda wanted him to be a more serious actor.

I get that he's trying to solidify his status as a household name but this could backfire on him if the film is not received well. We all saw what happened to Sam Worthington after Avatar.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:francis:
I'm happy for him I guess. But I kinda wanted him to be a more serious actor.

I get that he wants to solidify his status as a household name but this could backfire on him if if the film is not received well. We all saw what happened to Sam Worthington after Avatar.
:whoa: let's hold up. First off, we addressed Sam Worthington throwing himself in said bushes because he's Sam Worthington. B, Boyega is 10x the actor Sam Worthington is so I don't see them being an apples to apples comparison.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was bored. Same issue i had with interstellar really: no real characters and the ones that were actual characters weren't in the movie long enough. The robot stuff was cool but for the characters to be as weak and bland as they were, he should've doubled down on the robot shyt and he didn't. Like I said when it dropped: had michael bay dropped that flick everyone would be crucifying it calling it trash but because it had Del Toro's name attached to it, it got a pass
Del Toro made it in the vain of the old dubbed Toho sci-fi movies. As a fan of those type of films (and old sci fi in general) the movie was just what I was looking for.
If Bay was in charge he would've completely missed the point just like Transformers and TMNT.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DAMN WE COULD OF HAD A black Brit COMBO of :gladbron:Elba/Boyega if they didn't kill off Stacker Pentecost:sadbron: but maybe he has a brother "Bracey Penetcoat (Chiwetel Ejiofor)" :whoo: buy who am I kidding if they didn't kill off Idris Elba's charterer they wood have cast the new lead as some one like Miles Teller or some up and coming white actor:mjpls:the one nikka at a time rule. but anyway hope they don't have ass this project on some fans4tic:gag: shyt and give the lil homie form the block a legit chance at a second blockbuster film franchise

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Del Toro made it in the vain of the old dubbed Toho sci-fi movies. As a fan of those type of films (and old sci fi in general) the movie was just what I was looking for.
If Bay was in charge he would've completely missed the point just like Transformers and TMNT.

But those old toho flicks keep me interested between monsters wrecking shyt lol. This shyt was just flat to me for the most part and it just bugged me. Like I knew what he was doing but all of the characters save for like three were so damn wooden and boring

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But those old toho flicks keep me interested between monsters wrecking shyt lol. This shyt was just flat to me for the most part and it just bugged me. Like I knew what he was doing but all of the characters save for like three were so damn wooden and boring
The wooded delivery was intentional, iirc. To make it like the AIP dubs. I personally didn't have a problem with the human scenes, but I also love b movies for the 50s and 60s