Joe Montana is still the GOAT in my eyes

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
This is no different then old heads saying Bill Russell is better than Jordan and pete maravich got the best handles :mjlol:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Brady must have been on defense when Beli shut down the Rams in '01 or when the Bucs shut down Mahomes last year :dead:

What brady did in 01 was nothing short of miracle. gave ENTIRE country the goosebumps at the end. nobody ever claimed brady was the GOAT IN 01 either. there is a reason why they called him golden boy for a reason.

Getting to SB and winning the SB in year 1 at the age of 43? are you kidding me?

Nobody fukkin with brady in terms of getting the W. Brady gets the job done. i don't care if so and so looks more talented. If you want the W, then you ride with the GOAT.

Montana debate is so dead to me since 2014. :mjlol:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
And this is coming from a Cowboy fan.

If he hadn't gotten injured, he would've had 5 and possibly derailed the Cowboys dynasty in the 90's. He won 4 titles in the 80's when there was little player movement, and none of the rules that favor offenses today. regular season stats (all time) don't matter anymore, because all of them are inflated, and with 17 games now, it will only get worse.

If you believe the 80's as a passer was more difficult than the 2000's - 2010's, then Montana went 4-0 in the super bowl.

Brady's career is Montana + Young + Aikman :mjlol:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Brady had Moss and lost to Eli :laff:

that was only 1st year with Moss and 16-0 bullseye got just too big especially with the spygate :heh:

but brady would've won in 2008 if he didn't get injured cuz pats had the easiest schedule :myman:

and unlike Moss, who quickly lost interest, Jerry Rice was a MACHINE. Brady and Rice WOULD'VE CHANGED THE GAME so bad.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The NFC title game was the SB then. The 85 bears 86 giants are 2 top 10 teams ever. Your acting like not playing or losing to them is some type of black mark? 83 Skins top 15 team ever. Hell the niners got jobbed on a bad PI call in that game after coming back 21-0

Rank these 4 teams

83 skins
84 49ere
85 bears
86 Giants

I thought we bragged about who we beat not who bussed your ass? If you want to brag about beating a 9 win giants team have at it:russ:

in regards to that ranking
85 bears
84 49ers
86 Giants
90 Giants
83 Redskins

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Matt Stafford has 5000 yard seasons and 40+ TD seasons but 1 pro bowl. Jameis had a 5000 yard season and isn't a starter on most teams... Dumb arguments all around the thread :dead:

Brian Sipe threw 30 touchdowns in a season:russ:

you probably have no idea who that is :russ:

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
People tried to push this narrative that only “great” QBs put up numbers in the 80’s but glad we debunked that.

Shoutout to my man Lynn dikkey. 4400 yards and 32 Touchdowns in that tough era.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Ask Rich Gannon how soft it was when Siragusa fell on him and knocked him out of the 2000 AFC title game. Ask Steve McNair, who became a full time starter in 99 how soft it was. He was eternally banged up. Ask Mike Martz QBs how soft it was. Damien Robinson literally tried to break Aaron Brooks neck before Kyle Turley intervened. Ask Reggie Bush?how soft it was after Sheldon Brown drilled him the 2006 NFC playoffs.

I guess unless your legs get folded these Montana dudes think these kinda hits are soft

MedicalPoliteHorsefly-max-1mb.gif

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People tried to push this narrative that only “great” QBs put up numbers in the 80’s but glad we debunked that.

Shoutout to my man Lynn dikkey. 4400 yards and 32 Touchdowns in that tough era.

Who said that? I just don’t understand picking one guy who had a good season. Cats now are routinely dwarfing those seasons on a regular basis. The league has changed and it is way more pass happy and rules made to boost offense. I don’t even know why this is even being argued.

retards posting gifs of a hit “see Brady took real hits too”. Give me a fukking break, no one said qbs don’t on occasion take hits outside of the pocket. They are protected when previously thry were treated like any other player with the ball.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Who said that? I just don’t understand picking one guy who had a good season. Cats now are routinely dwarfing those seasons on a regular basis. The league has changed and it is way more pass happy and rules made to boost offense. I don’t even know why this is even being argued.

retards posting gifs of a hit “see Brady took real hits too”. Give me a fukking break, no one said qbs don’t on occasion take hits outside of the pocket. They are protected when previously thry were treated like any other player with the ball.

Huh? You in this thread claimed that mediocre QBs from the past would eat in this era. They were eating in the 80’s you just forgot about them. The league became pass happy after the 1978 rule changes on pass coverage and pass blocking.

QBs have been protected for generations. Johnny Unitas and Otto Graham were laughing at the protections/rules that Montana and Marino got