beyonce
dreamville
bandana
lil nas x
tyga
chris brown
chance
tyler

throw in the lion king film, r kelly, asaps arrest, meeks legal issues and nipsey's murder and you can easily say its been a hot summer so far

:dahell: you must be 18 or something. A bunch of trash rappers and pop artists on that list except for Nas & Cole.

Nipsey, Kellz & Meek situations happened in the spring not summer.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I remember an interview KRS 1 said every year he makes a diss song for the top 10 hottest rappers..just in case. Yea nah Kriss the wrong one. Leave master Yoda alone :russ:

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Its many factors that plays into that but it's his sons fault his son is from Jersey city. If you want to spit a bar its best served to to know the legends in your own back yard. Joe even back then was always playing some lyrical shyt when he was on the Internet. 30+ I could go deeper my uncles made it point to play good jazz rock and roll hip-hop soul funk even some afro type shyt .
For the kid to NOT know who Redman is. And his father is a famous rapper? And Redman is from NJ and basically the best rapper to ever come from there? Nah. Imma def put that on Joe. Cause if Joe put his son in to Redman or atleast played him around the house. His son would know him. I have little brothers that’s like 23 and 25 who know FAR more about rap than their peers because they grew up around me. To top it off Joe’s son is wants to rap. So it aint like he doesnt have interest.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lmao that was the first beef DVD

If you know,you know..

51bPRMluCnL._SY445_.jpg

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
I feel like they had almost the exact Ross and 50 conversation before. this time just used fresh new comments to go over it.

as far as that Ross/Game debate. Ross every single time.
I was reminded how fire that Ali Bombaye beat was though. shame it wasn't a Chainz solo song.

I must be the only person that doesn't fukk with those Game x Nas collabs like that.
too long just for the sake of it, pointlessly grandiose. the only one I'd go back to is the one on HHID if I'm being honest.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I feel like they had almost the exact Ross and 50 conversation before. this time just used fresh new comments to go over it.

as far as that Ross/Game debate. Ross every single time.
I was reminded how fire that Ali Bombaye beat was though. shame it wasn't a Chainz solo song.

I must be the only person that doesn't fukk with those Game x Nas collabs like that.
too long just for the sake of it, pointlessly grandiose. the only one I'd go back to is the one on HHID if I'm being honest.
Letter To The King >>>

ReadOneBookAWeek

Smoking on a Cac Pack
Daps
Freddie Gibbs and Benny dropped.
Big Krit , Durk, yfn & money bagg just dropped too.

Not saying decent music hasnt been released. Considering how quality rap is rarely a topic for hip hop podcasts , I'm surprised they're keeping high numbers with nothing impactful happening this summer besides Lil Nas x and Da baby :dead:

Like wtf is Megan the Stallion?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I wouldn't say that knowing Redmans latest shyt is like knowing who Redman is and how he sounds or a classic song or album from him.

How can you not know the biggest legend from your own city? Who still does interviews, who is still mentioned, who still has advertised concerts and on.
How can that not be a lack of interest and ignorance. It's not like some obscure rapper from the west coast who was on some DOC song. Redman has as many followers as Joe, of straight legacy.

I'd say that it's even easier today, you have wikipedia. You hear about your dad being signed to Def Jam, you check Def Jam's wikipedia and see Redman. Or you flick by some documentary see Redman. You say damn, who is this dude with 3 classics from my town, classic movies and shyt, you type Redman and you have his whole discography at your disposal. That was not the case in 99. I can't take your opinions on rap seriously if you don't know legends like Outkast (who moved like 50 million copies or whatever) or Redman. If you don't know Drag-on, Hell Rell or Tim Dog, that's whatever.

Maxo Kream was a dude making music in his bedroom, dropped his first album on an independent label last year, sold zero copies.
How can you compare this to perhaps the biggest legend out of NJ and one of the best rappers of all time with nearly 30 years of legacy :dahell:
My point is though over the last 10 years. Redman did literally nothing note worthy for him to be on a kid who went from a 9yr old to a 18yr old over that period radar. Whereas legends like Nas, Hov, Snoop, Cube, etc... do major news worthy things every year. So if a dude ain’t did literally nothing note worthy over the last 10 years. Why would a 18 year old take any time to care?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I can’t name one red man song

Dude wasn’t big at all

He used to be with Method man is all I remember

eerieBell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da Magnolia
eminem himself considers Redman his biggest inspiration (well his early albums) :francis:

redman is a rapper's rapper:wow:

some random coli cat is gonna dismiss his entire legacy just like that :stopitslime:

there are prolly cats somewhere in Bulgaria bumping dare iz a darkside right this moment :ohlawd:

and son of a acclaimed east coast rapper doesn't know reggie :dahell: