Joe Budden Podcast episode 268 - "Go listen to Episode...."

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Exactly. Even if you just know him by How High which is more of a cultural movie (Sorta like Friday but to a slightly lesser extent), that is known by people of all ages. I'm not expecting someone 18 to know Redman singles or even albums but to not even know who he was at all just sounds wild. Especially when you add in the other variables of this specific situation.
In defense of Joe he may not have wanted to play certain types of music around his son. Combine that Joe admittedly being a bigger R&B head than hip-hop I could easily see how he hasn't exposed him to Redman. For me it wasn't until the last year that I've started playing all my hip-hop shyt around my daughter who just turned 19. Coincidentally the most recent time hit her with a long Joe Budden session.

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Michigan- Elzhi, Em, Royce
Illinois- Lupe,Common, Rhymefest/da brat/ kanye/twista (Joe been on record riding da brats dikk of being a good emcee)
Pennsylvania- Black Thought, Beans, Cassidy/freeway/young chris

Jersey for sure losing to the first 2

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Good Pod.... Game vs Ross was interesting. I say that Ross makes better songs and Game is a better rapper. But rating wise they are definitely in the same tier imo

But I'm glad this pod reminded me how dope and underrated that Jesus Piece album is by Game. Oh and Game kind of washed Ross on Ali Bomaye, surprised they didn't mention that

Last edited:
Daps
They definitely read the Coli because Joe brought up Bey and Jay always dropping the same time Nas does. Lmao.

You might be onto something :ohhh:I made a comment in last episode’s thread about them not bringing up Wayne possibly having a ghostwriter in his prime, during the Wayne/Push debate and Joe briefly mentioned something along those lines in between the Game/Ross debate :wow:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I can’t name one red man song

Dude wasn’t big at all

He used to be with Method man is all I remember
Not knowing about Redman on a hip hop forum is like not knowing about Charles Woodson on a football forum. Even if you’re not a fan, the ignorance takes away the legitimacy of your opinion.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Not knowing about Redman on a hip hop forum is like not knowing about Charles Woodson on a football forum. Even if you’re not a fan, the ignorance takes away the legitimacy of your opinion.
Did you really compare Charles Woodson to Redman?

Woodson was the Heisman as a defensive player, he’s a multi time DPOY in the the NFL and has ring

What are Redman’s hip hop accolades?